Pros: Beautiful room, great staff at the front desk, fast efficient service, delicious breakfast in the morning (8.95, but nice buffet with lots of options), nice pool and fitness center, allowed early check in since my room was ready ahead of time.
Cons: business center printer was having issues, and asked for help and it didn't come. We managed to get it fixed, but there are no instructions that all of the prior attempts to print are in Adobe on the bottom of the taskbar, and that you have to clear out everyone else's confusion before printing your own stuff. Parking isn't cheap either, and there is no direct walkbridge to the hotel. We were down there during heavy rain from the hurricane, and it was a bit difficult trying not to get drenched walking into the hotel.
Neutral: while I'm not sure if the military set this particular feature up or if it came with the hotel, the ball had a cash bar. There were two registers (cash only) that you had to get tickets at, and then redeem them for your beverage of choice. With almost 800 people at the ball, the lines were long and not nice waiting to get libations. Also, the price didn't seem terrible ($4 for beer, $5 for liquor and wine), the quantity was stingy. I'm not a huge drinker, but enjoy a glass of red wine with my dinner. This was served in a 7oz clear plastic cup and was less than half full, so essentially I paid $5 for about 3.5 oz of wine. If I knew the area better, I would have gotten a bottle of wine for $10, kept it in my room, and enjoyed a regular size glass. Again, not sure if it was hotel policy that governed the setup of the cocktail hour, size of the beverages and price, or if that was set up through the military, hence remaining neutral on this one.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Myrtle Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sheraton Myrtle Beach Hotel
- Sheraton Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Sheraton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel is attached to the Myrtle Beach Convention Center, for a combined total of 200,000 sqft of conference space. We are also only 10 min from MYR. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Amex, AAA Travel Services, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Olotels, getaroom.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.