“Bucket List Conquered” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #60 of 217 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Bel Air, Maryland
“Bucket List Conquered”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My wife and I visited the Myrtle Beach area in November and were fortunate to have selected Country Inn and Suites as our vacation hotel. The hotel is centrally located for all of the shows and activities and we were made to feel right at home by the bubbly, one woman welcoming committee, Lori Beth at the front desk. Lori Beth became instrumental in helping us plan and conquer our "Bucket List" the next several days. The hotel was comfortable, clean and spacious. They even offered a full breakfast every morning. We are grateful for the staff and management of this hotel for helping to make our vacation become all that it could be.
Frank & Gayle Schwind
Bel Air, MD.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sandra M, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
I thank you for your kind words. We do have a great hotel and we do take pride in keeping our hotel up to the standards of Country Inn & Suites. We do have a wonderful staff and we will defiantly share your comments with her. We look forward to having you as our guest again.
Sandra M
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My family and I have stayed at this hotel on four different visits to Myrtle Beach and have always been satisfied with the staff and our suite. We have never had to wait beyond the posted check-in time. It is convenient for us to travel back and forth to other locations. I commend the overall operation of this facility. We will visit again for X-mas 2012.

Room Tip: All suites have been great for us.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

If you are wanting to visit Myrtle Beach, you will find it harder to do better than this hotel. It is very well appointed, with excellent rooms, including refrigerator and microwave. My wife and I were impressed by the cleanliness and the general feel of the hotel. The reception staff were excellent and complimented the hotel's upmarket impression.

With an indoor swimming pool and the hottest spa we have encountered, plus an excellent breakfast, this is very worth a serious consideration.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Fayetteville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My huband and I always stay at Country Inn and Suites since we are in the Club Carlson. Normally, we have always had a pleasant experience, but this time was a major dissappointment. When we arrived it was late so we didnt get a good look at the area, but the strip clubs gave us a pretty good idea. From what I counted there were 3 around us, one of which directly beside us! The area has a lot of run down and abandoned buildings/theme park so we were pretty mindful when we went out. While our room was clean, we had a terrible view of the run down motel next to us. We didnt swim in the pool due to the cloudiness, nor did we eat breakfast because of the crowdiness. On a positive note, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. In the future, I would not recommend staying here just because of the location, especially if you are bringing children. And I wouldnt recommend paying the price per night for this location, there are far better for the price. I would recommend reading up on reviews of any place you plan on staying at!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Sandra M, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Yes ,we do have a great staff and with the recession there has been some closings in our area. But in a positive note the Waccamaw Pottery has been purchased and they are getting the area ready for new tenets The amusement park has been bought out of bankruptcy and if all goes well we may see some changes there. As far as the Gentlemen's club we have never had any safety issues.
Northeast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Was passing through Myrtle Beach with my daughter 13 and her friend 14 and booked this hotel ahead of time. As we approached the hotel I noticed a strip club and then some businesses and a deserted building, another strip club (Fantails) right next door to the hotel with yet another across the street. Well, I must say the hotel was very nice with a good breakfast. My daughter and her friend were a little uncomfortable with the amount of men milling around in the hotel and the occasional tall beautiful woman in tight clothing seen checking in. ( only a few) Honestly cannot say who they were. The location just made me jumpy because of the fact I had young girls with me. But like I said, the hotel was very nice, clean and friendly people. This location might be a plus for some I suppose!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I do thank you for your kind words about our property being very nice and clean, and our friendly staff. I do want to inform you that during your stay with us you felt there was a lot of gentlemen milling around . We had 60% of our hotel filled with guests that were filming a TV series and these were working crews for the show., they were working day and night over at the amusement park during that time. They also have several ladies from medical people to hairdressers for the stars.
Yorktown, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Travelled to CIS in Myrtle Beach while working @ the oceanfront. The hotel is beside a strip club, which gave us a few jokes, but we didn't hear any noise from it. The rooms are typical for CIS, but did have way too much carpet freshner. The view from our window was a tree which was fine. Glad we remembered to ask for an upper floor, wood frame building, and you could hear lots of foot traffic. Also could hear all the neighboring rooms until about 11pm and thankfully everyone quieted enough that the a/c fan could drown out the rest of the noise.

Room Tip: Always stay on top floor @ Country Inn & Suites or you will not get any rest!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
McLeansville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I came to Myrtle Beach for my son to play in the Triple Crown Summer National baseball tournament. I wanted a hotel with breakfast, a pool, and a convenient location to get me in and out to the ballfields. I also wanted comfort since I was going to be there for a week. I could not have had a better hotel. Staff was wonderful and friendly. The pool being indoors and open until midnight was a plus. My son could play ball all day, and still had a chance to swim and cool off in the evening. The breakfast had everything you could want. Our room was spacious and very clean. You do have to drive by a gentleman's club to get to the hotel, but once in the parking lot you can't see the club. I never heard one bit of noise from the club either. We had a fantastic trip, and next year I will be back!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sandra M, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear Wendy,

We look forward to having you back as our guest.again.
Sandra