“Private Condo” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Mason, Michigan, USA
“Private Condo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We rented a privately owned condo at this location through Homeaway. This was our first visit to MB and we really enjoyed it. We chose to go off season as we didn't want to be bothered by spring break party people! This hotel is direct ocean front. The hotel facilities are nice. Everything was kept clean everyday. The desk staff was polite & informative on nearby restaurants & entertainment. The condo we rented on the 6th floor was PERFECT. It was so clean and beautifully decorated. The owners were very easy to work with and want you to feel at home, which we did. The 6th floor is high enough to see over the palm trees and yet not so high you get dizzy on the deck! Parking in the parking deck was so convenient. We could park nearly by our door. The only complaints we have are rude people smoking on their balconies & this Entire facility is supposed to be smoke free. We called the desk & they said they would attempt to find out where it was coming from. If you are a smoker please stay elsewhere where you won't risk other's health. Another complaint is other rude renters. Unfortunately they are everywhere. Who in there right mind leaves at 3am ? Banging, slamming, honking their horn!! I hope they are found and put on a blacklist to never be able to rent another place!!! The only complaint on the hotel facility is that they need to adjust the entry doors to EVERY room so that they don't slam shut. Some people aren't smart enough to hang onto their doors as to not to disturb others! The people we rented from & their condo still made this a wonderful vacation. We would not hesitate to rent from them if we ever come back to MB.

Room Tip: Stay above the 4th floor for a good view of the ocean.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

The unit was fantastic. The housekeeping staff went above & beyond to exceed our expectations. My only complaint was that the parking garage gate was open during our entire stay which made the units more accessible to the Public.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

The best stay I've had in any hotel in a very long time! Would definitely stay again and would also recommend this location at myrtle beach to all my friends and relatives. The experience was great. Wouldn't trade this weekend for anything.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Pembroke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very nice facility, but a little more expensive than what I usually pay during the car show weekend. Great experience checking in and liked the fact that I could park close to my room and easily unload the car. Good eating places with in two blocks and more with in five. Not a good experience when we checked out early on Monday morning. The young lady didn't ask a thing about our stay, if it was okay, if we enjoyed ourselves, and I didn't even get a "Thank You", after spending $600 for four nights!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have to say the location of this hotel was the best thing. It was clean, and the staff was friendly, but this hotel had WAY too many rules. Too uptight. And don't get me wrong, I understand with the younger generation they have to do certain things. But I really disliked the fact that I could not poor a beer in a cup and take it in the inside or outside pool area. There is a threating sign that states you HAVE you purchase alchol from outside bar only, or could be prosecuted. A little extreme I think. And I also understand and respect their no smoking policy, but not even on the balcony, not even an e-cigarette, I mean come on, your outside. If your caught, there's a $150 penalty. So I just wasn't too impressed about my stay there. Felt more Iike I had people watching me instead of relaxing. Other than that, the stay was ok. I will be going back to the Island Vista from now on...its my favorite for the same amount of money!!

Room Tip: Probably one of the suites, the studio was a little tight squeezed
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Adrian, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was our second winter, Jan & Feb staying at the Camelot. Our needs are different staying for an extended time vs a week-end or even a week. We appreciated the ease of the security gate set up this year, it was much more convenient for entering and leaving. I would not recommend staying on the 2nd or 3rd floors. First your view is hampered by the palm trees, even more of an issue were the vibrations and noise from the exercise room. We were in room #311 and having the exercise issue for that amount of time was very disturbing. At the very least I would think a price adjustment in room rates should be offered for those two floors. The living room couches both years have been an issue. They were worn to the point of "sinking into a hole" when sitting. The quality of the furnishing should be upgraded or replaced more frequently. On a positive note the staff from the reception area to housekeeping was exceptional. Everyone was friendly, they made us feel as if our needs were important. The location is perfect, a 10 minute walk to the Boardwalk and a variety of restaurants within walking distance. The attached garage is very convenient for loading and unloading and during inclement weather. We will return!

Room Tip: 2nd and 3rd floors have view obstruction and noise vibrations from the exercise room.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
G.R. MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Nice facilities, but we were there in March and disappointed that the outdoor hot tub and the poolside bar were not open. We had a suite with a nice full kitchen but did not receive coffee supplies past what was in the room the first morning. We were very pleased with the parking garage, were able to park right outside out ninth floor room door. Very safe and quiet!!

Room Tip: Ocean view is beautiful!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Been to Camelot By The Sea, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!