“"Run to the Sun" Weekend” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2000 N. Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #46 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Pembroke, Virginia
“"Run to the Sun" Weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Very nice facility, but a little more expensive than what I usually pay during the car show weekend. Great experience checking in and liked the fact that I could park close to my room and easily unload the car. Good eating places with in two blocks and more with in five. Not a good experience when we checked out early on Monday morning. The young lady didn't ask a thing about our stay, if it was okay, if we enjoyed ourselves, and I didn't even get a "Thank You", after spending $600 for four nights!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I have to say the location of this hotel was the best thing. It was clean, and the staff was friendly, but this hotel had WAY too many rules. Too uptight. And don't get me wrong, I understand with the younger generation they have to do certain things. But I really disliked the fact that I could not poor a beer in a cup and take it in the inside or outside pool area. There is a threating sign that states you HAVE you purchase alchol from outside bar only, or could be prosecuted. A little extreme I think. And I also understand and respect their no smoking policy, but not even on the balcony, not even an e-cigarette, I mean come on, your outside. If your caught, there's a $150 penalty. So I just wasn't too impressed about my stay there. Felt more Iike I had people watching me instead of relaxing. Other than that, the stay was ok. I will be going back to the Island Vista from now on...its my favorite for the same amount of money!!

Room Tip: Probably one of the suites, the studio was a little tight squeezed
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Adrian, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was our second winter, Jan & Feb staying at the Camelot. Our needs are different staying for an extended time vs a week-end or even a week. We appreciated the ease of the security gate set up this year, it was much more convenient for entering and leaving. I would not recommend staying on the 2nd or 3rd floors. First your view is hampered by the palm trees, even more of an issue were the vibrations and noise from the exercise room. We were in room #311 and having the exercise issue for that amount of time was very disturbing. At the very least I would think a price adjustment in room rates should be offered for those two floors. The living room couches both years have been an issue. They were worn to the point of "sinking into a hole" when sitting. The quality of the furnishing should be upgraded or replaced more frequently. On a positive note the staff from the reception area to housekeeping was exceptional. Everyone was friendly, they made us feel as if our needs were important. The location is perfect, a 10 minute walk to the Boardwalk and a variety of restaurants within walking distance. The attached garage is very convenient for loading and unloading and during inclement weather. We will return!

Room Tip: 2nd and 3rd floors have view obstruction and noise vibrations from the exercise room.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
G.R. MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Nice facilities, but we were there in March and disappointed that the outdoor hot tub and the poolside bar were not open. We had a suite with a nice full kitchen but did not receive coffee supplies past what was in the room the first morning. We were very pleased with the parking garage, were able to park right outside out ninth floor room door. Very safe and quiet!!

Room Tip: Ocean view is beautiful!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Very nice clean & beautiful facility! Not that kid friendly, excellent for a more mature crowd. staff was very accommodating as well as professional. Location was a plus also. Decent prices,the double room I had was one of the best I've ever had!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Corinth, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I take a trip every March and this has been our second year in a row at the Camelot. The price is very reasonable this time of year and we have been fortunate to hit very nice weather both times. The location is very convenient and within walking distance of just about everything. The pool and hot tubs are wonderful. The rooms are very nice and the staff has always been friendly and helpful. We did have some wifi difficulties which were fixed after we brought the issue up. Now that the the kids are grown, we vacation during the "off season" and know fully well that we are in bargain season and there are likely repairs going on and not everything will be perfect. We're bargain hunters and we picked the cheapest room available. No issues at all. Nice kitchen and well equipped, comfortable beds, and the living room with that great view of the ocean is simply awesome! Having breakfast each morning watching the sunrise is icing on the cake. We had a wonderful time (again) and hated to leave. My pics are a couple from last year as I haven't gone through this years shots yet.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Centerville, Ohio, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I should preface this by saying that I used RCI ownership from Hilton to book this place. I wasn't able to get into the place I wanted so we stayed here instead. The location is excellent, right downtown, a few blocks from the boardwalk and Skywheel, a mile from Broadway at the Beach. I was charged $90 for departure cleaning, which they said is standard but I've never been asked to pay that for any other place in the 20 years I've owned with Hilton. They also said I waived the daily cleaning but I was never asked that I recall. The parking is excellent, 10 floors of covered parking. The rooms were nice, though the walls were thin and we could easily hear our neighbors. 4 elevators and they were very fast, which is nice, but the tiles in front of them were constantly wet and I slipped and fell once, creating a nasty wound (they should throw down some anti-slip material before they get sued). There's an indoor pool, hot tub and lazy river, which is really nice when the weather doesn't cooperate. Wifi was weak, and I was able to get internet for my ipad but not my laptop, which means I could not work the two days I planned on working that week. The 1-bedroom place was nice but somewhat awkward with the kitchen and bathroom between the beds in the front and living area ocean-front. But the beds in all units were very comfortable! The rest of my family stayed in a 3-bedroom place and that was much nicer than my place, of course. My summary would be this - stay here if you can get the 3-bedroom place, but skip it if all you can get is a 1-bedroom place.

Room Tip: 2-bedroom and 3-bedroom well worth the extra money
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Been to Camelot By The Sea, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!