“golf vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Charlotte, North Carolina
“golf vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

checking in was perfect, we were told we had the penthouse, we got excited, but that was shortlived after we found out (other than the 19th floor) all the rooms are the same. Nice and clean, a few minor small details would make this a special vacation.
checking out was easy and I would recommend the Camelot to all. we will be back.

Room Tip: centrally located, easy in and out, great views, would recommend.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Great Falls, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The rooms were great with lots of room not cramped up, The staff was super nice from the people that worked in the office to the maids that cleaned the rooms. We have stayed at a lot of places in Myrtle Beach this is by fay the best one yet. The three bed room coner units have lots of room in them

Room Tip: Higher the better
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had an all girls weekend of fun! This hotel is a great choice! The front desk had great customer service!!!! They also informed us of everything they had to offer, instead of just referring us to the Internet. I like the parking deck bring right by our condo. It was very clean and I really enjoyed my stay. I will be back!

• Stayed February 2015
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I had a wonderful time. The weather was too cold but the hotel can't do anything about that the location was perfect everyone was nice and the hotel was very clean. The staff did everything they could to try to make up for the cold. Robin was so nice and understanding and the guy I meet on the first day my credit card did not work the day of arrival and he made me feel at ease and told me I could pay cash he save my butt o had my family with me and they were all staring at me. The next day my card worked fine and I went back down to the desk to show him and I was so impress I booked another night yes I extended my stay I have never done that before. I had a relaxing great trip thank you

• Stayed February 2015
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First I'll say the views are fantastic, and also let me say that James at the front desk was professional and did all he could do in dealing with our issues. Now, let me get to our issues. If you don't know, most of the "rooms" are individually owned and rented out, so it's really a bit of a roll of the dice. We stayed in room 302, this was an end unit. First let me say, stay off the lower floors. Our end unit had the bedroom next to an elevator, next to the parking lot, and downwind from the outdoor hallway. Meaning you are hearing elevator noise, car alarms, people walking from their cars, or if the night is windy the sound of a wind tunnel coming through your bedroom door. Because there is no weather striping on the door, the wind picks up down the hall and whistles through the night under the end unit's door. I checked other doors down the hall, no sounds. We ended up putting pillows and blankets at the foot of the door to muffle the sound. At certain points during the night the sound of a loud engine or compressor was coming through one of our closets. Anyway there were no rooms available at the time, so we spent 2 nights in that room, and I slept on the sofa for one of them…did I mention it was Valentine's night? Total time sleeping between 2 nights was about 7 hours. I left out the strands of hair we found in the living room, the chipped toilet seat, micro wave that only express cooked etc. So night 3 rolled around and they were able to move us up to the 18th floor. Non end unit, and no parking garage…excellent, I thought. OK, the quick and literally the dirty; our "fresh" sheets had a nice long strand of hair, juxtaposed against, shall we say, ahem, oblivious postcoital DNA evidence. Yuck and yuck. Moving on, two upright lamps had broken switches, there was a rusty old stand-up towel rack in the bathroom, and an empty tissue box. Here's the deal, as I said the view are great and you can walk down to the beach. The rooms need an overall or maybe a better cleaning crew. Stay away from the lower floor and end units, and if management is reading, I understand the front desk has taken complaints about the wind sounds of the end units…..weather strip the doors, it might help. The thing is in Europe if you have a dirty room at least they come with come character, here on a strip filled with high rise hotels, it just feels dirty.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Hickory, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was very pleased with this hotel! It was very spacious and the views were wonderful! The only issue I had was with the lady at the front desk. From the moment we checked in, to various other times having to deal with her was a headache! She acted like she hated being there, much less checking customers in! You have to go to front desk to get towels for pool area, etc and every single time I dreaded going to front desk as she always had a scowl on her face and and was definitely NOT friendly! There was also a gentleman there several times and he was very nice! The only tip I have for this hotel is to get rid of her or teach her how to deal with customers!

Room Tip: I had the 3bdr condo and it was an excellent choice!
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Camelot by the sea is a great place to stay in Myrtle Beach. We were there during the off season so it wasn't crowded, it was very peaceful. The rooms were clean and the ocean view was Ah-Maz-ing! The heated pool and lazy river...Awesome! We look forward to our next visit at this wonderful location.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Camelot By The Sea, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!