“The best vacation spot ever!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Camelot By The Sea, Oceana Resorts
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2000 N. Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #47 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“The best vacation spot ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

We had an all girls weekend of fun! This hotel is a great choice! The front desk had great customer service!!!! They also informed us of everything they had to offer, instead of just referring us to the Internet. I like the parking deck bring right by our condo. It was very clean and I really enjoyed my stay. I will be back!

• Stayed February 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I had a wonderful time. The weather was too cold but the hotel can't do anything about that the location was perfect everyone was nice and the hotel was very clean. The staff did everything they could to try to make up for the cold. Robin was so nice and understanding and the guy I meet on the first day my credit card did not work the day of arrival and he made me feel at ease and told me I could pay cash he save my butt o had my family with me and they were all staring at me. The next day my card worked fine and I went back down to the desk to show him and I was so impress I booked another night yes I extended my stay I have never done that before. I had a relaxing great trip thank you

• Stayed February 2015
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First I'll say the views are fantastic, and also let me say that James at the front desk was professional and did all he could do in dealing with our issues. Now, let me get to our issues. If you don't know, most of the "rooms" are individually owned and rented out, so it's really a bit of a roll of the dice. We stayed in room 302, this was an end unit. First let me say, stay off the lower floors. Our end unit had the bedroom next to an elevator, next to the parking lot, and downwind from the outdoor hallway. Meaning you are hearing elevator noise, car alarms, people walking from their cars, or if the night is windy the sound of a wind tunnel coming through your bedroom door. Because there is no weather striping on the door, the wind picks up down the hall and whistles through the night under the end unit's door. I checked other doors down the hall, no sounds. We ended up putting pillows and blankets at the foot of the door to muffle the sound. At certain points during the night the sound of a loud engine or compressor was coming through one of our closets. Anyway there were no rooms available at the time, so we spent 2 nights in that room, and I slept on the sofa for one of them…did I mention it was Valentine's night? Total time sleeping between 2 nights was about 7 hours. I left out the strands of hair we found in the living room, the chipped toilet seat, micro wave that only express cooked etc. So night 3 rolled around and they were able to move us up to the 18th floor. Non end unit, and no parking garage…excellent, I thought. OK, the quick and literally the dirty; our "fresh" sheets had a nice long strand of hair, juxtaposed against, shall we say, ahem, oblivious postcoital DNA evidence. Yuck and yuck. Moving on, two upright lamps had broken switches, there was a rusty old stand-up towel rack in the bathroom, and an empty tissue box. Here's the deal, as I said the view are great and you can walk down to the beach. The rooms need an overall or maybe a better cleaning crew. Stay away from the lower floor and end units, and if management is reading, I understand the front desk has taken complaints about the wind sounds of the end units…..weather strip the doors, it might help. The thing is in Europe if you have a dirty room at least they come with come character, here on a strip filled with high rise hotels, it just feels dirty.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Hickory, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was very pleased with this hotel! It was very spacious and the views were wonderful! The only issue I had was with the lady at the front desk. From the moment we checked in, to various other times having to deal with her was a headache! She acted like she hated being there, much less checking customers in! You have to go to front desk to get towels for pool area, etc and every single time I dreaded going to front desk as she always had a scowl on her face and and was definitely NOT friendly! There was also a gentleman there several times and he was very nice! The only tip I have for this hotel is to get rid of her or teach her how to deal with customers!

Room Tip: I had the 3bdr condo and it was an excellent choice!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Camelot by the sea is a great place to stay in Myrtle Beach. We were there during the off season so it wasn't crowded, it was very peaceful. The rooms were clean and the ocean view was Ah-Maz-ing! The heated pool and lazy river...Awesome! We look forward to our next visit at this wonderful location.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Sanford, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a wonderful time. The rooms were immaculate, We have stayed at many resorts at Myrtle Beach and this is up there with the top ones. We will defiantly be staying here again. The decor was really nice. Did not get to try out the pools but i am sure they were just as nice.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Mooresville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We just came back from a stay at Camelot by the Sea. For the whole visit, we had no hot water to take showers. We arrived Friday night and our daughter took a cold shower. We thought maybe it didn't run long enough but when my husband and I each took a shower Saturday, it was freezing cold. Before we went to the tournament, my husband went down to the front desk and spoke with someone. He said that he would send someone to look at it while we were away and if it wasn't fixed when we returned, we could change rooms.

When we came back in the afternoon, it still wasn't working. I went down and spoke with the lady behind the counter. I was told someone looked at the water heater and it was fine. They didn't check the shower. I was told sometimes in the winter, the rooms aren't used a lot and it could take up to 20 minutes to turn hot. Well that is not true because there is hot water coming out the sink faucet but not the shower. She also said there was no available rooms to move us to. She could try to get a plumber but it was a holiday weekend. She could refund our money and move us to another hotel. Nice offer but our whole team was there to be together. We couldn't move. She said she would tell her manager but that was it.

When I check out and I spoke to the front desk again. I was told I was given a 15% refund for the problem. Nice but it wasn't even for the 3 nights Only 2. I guess the first night was forgotten because we had to pay that when booking.

This wasn't enjoyable. I know someone else had to let theirs run for 20 minutes for a decent shower. Another the shower wouldn't stop running with hot water. Couldn't turn it off.

The hotel is in a great location and your staff is really nice. But the plumbing problems need to be addressed and the guests treated better when there is a problem.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Camelot By The Sea, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!