“Great location, clean, and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2000 N. Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #45 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Auburn, Indiana, United States
“Great location, clean, and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Camelot by the Sea has been m choice to stay in Myrtle Beach for a number of years now, and it continues to provide me clean and comfortable lodging... It is very convenient for walking to many of my preferred eating establishments....

Once I return to the Camelot from Golf, I feel that I'm 'Home'....

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Climax, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Had a great time and very relaxing stay. Room was great and staff knowledgeable. Will visit again.
Next time I will plan a longer stay. Convenient location to places to eat and lots to do at hotel.
Also close to board walk and entertainment.

Room Tip: Oceanfront up high
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Booked the trip for a friend's birthday. Great accommodations, very reasonable price, great location. Really enjoyed my stay absolutely would stay there again! The rooms were very clean and there was plenty of dishware. The hotel is very close to all of our favorite places at the beach. We love Oceana resorts and would be happy to refer or recommend every time we stay at these locations.

• Stayed November 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

We reserved the rooms via Amazon Local for a huge discount. This is our second stay. Everything was great and the staff were friendly. Every room is ocean front, so our kids loved that and the indoor heated pools since it was November. I liked the outdoor hot tub, it was nice even thought the air temperature was 39 degrees.

• Stayed November 2014
Wilmington, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I stayed here over a three day weekend 11-7/11-10. We read the reviews and thought it would be a nice place. The room had a foul odor from the beginning and the furniture was very old and uncomfortable. We decided not to complain since we checked in so late and wanted to just go to bed. However, when I pulled the cushion off of the sofa bed, on the back was a lovely stain of male bodily fluid in the shape of a heart, I immediately went downstairs to see if something could be done, and the gentleman at the front desk acted very annoyed, and hastily asked if I wanted to change rooms. I stated that would be fine, but they had nothing comparable to ours at the moment. The hotel did not seem busy so I asked if we could get just get a 2 bedroom since they had those available. He stated absolutely not, and he would have his manager call me in the AM. I went back to my room and waited for a phone call from a manager which I never received. The room was dirty, uncomfortable, and the staff could care less. We were supposed to stay through Monday the 10th, but decided we could not take another night of it, so we checked out on Sunday. We were offered no refund for the night we were not staying, and just lost our money(which was better at this point than dealing with this room another night). There are many other choices in Myrtle Beach, and I would advise anyone coming to the Grand Strand to not book this place.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Willard, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

As a 60th birthday gift, my sisters and I gave my Mother a weekend getaway with my Father to stay at Camelot by the Sea in Myrtle Beach. We booked them friday through saturday, Oct 24 -26, just as it read on the voucher and confirmation I received from Amazon and Camelot by the Sea. They checked in on friday night with no issues, said the hotel appears to have been recently renovated. The rooms has some new additions and were clean. The bedding was not a luxurious as seen in other resorts (no comforters, just bedspreads and blanket). The view was beautiful per my Mother. They got up the next morning, went next door to the neighboring hotel for breakfast and coffee as there were no breakfast amenities other than the coffee maker in the room at the Camelot by the Sea. Still my parents never complained as the weather was beautiful as they walked on the beach then ventured over for breakfast. My parents are familiar with Myrtle Beach so they ventured all around for the day, went shopping, did the usual "I am on vacation" things. That evening my parents returned to Camelot by the Sea to drop off items purchased, a cake for my daughter the next day and a bundle of 8 helium birthday balloons. They were going to make a stop on their way home the next day but want to go ahead and get the ballon and the cake out of the elements, car, temps dropping , etc so they wanted to put them in their room and put the cake in the fridge. Unfortuantley when they returned to their room on the 16th floor the door key would not work. Please note they sti ll had the balloons and cake, so my mother left my father and went back down to the front desk. There was only ONE person working that evening and this woman was swamped. There was a line at the desk of people checking in. My mother had to wait for 20 minutes before she was even spoken to only to find out that they had been locked out of the room as they were told it was only booked for one night, friday the 24th. I already noted, all confirmations that were received from Amazon and Camelot indicate that the reservations were in fact Oct 24- Oct 26th. My mother spoke with the female at the desk, who was telling my mother she would have to pay in order to tay another night. My mother had to call me, as I was out camping with my 6 children, I had to leave the camp site and find a local computer and fax machine in order to fax my confirmations to the resort. When I finally had the opportunity to speak with the female at the front desk, I had to insist she let my father in their room as he was still at this point 45 minutes later, standing outside the room on an open terrace with his balloons and cake. It was not until after they received my faxed confirmations that the female crossed her check with the Amazon confirmations and realized the Desk attendant in the morning hours had erred in flagging my parents room, that yes they room was booked for two nights , 10/24- 10/26, just as Amazon had confirmed with them. Camelot by the Sea had made the mistake causing this huge misunderstanding that appeared to be completely discounted that night by the female at the front desk. It has been several weeks later and I have heard nothing back from Camelot by the Sea. Late that night, the female from the front desk called my Mother and apologized stating that she had indeed left a detailed account of all that had occurred and that a response would be expected from her "higher ups". I suppose those "higher ups" did not deem the whole scenario worthy of a response and just discounted the whole occurrence.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We decided to take a spur of the moment trip to myrtle beach and booked Camelot on trip advisor and the price we paid for it was so worth it. Friendly staff. Would love to stay again. Close to everything. Right in the middle of it all.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Camelot By The Sea, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!