“Had a great time!” 4 of 5 stars

Camelot By The Sea, Oceana Resorts
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2000 N. Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Up to 30% off weeknights!
Ranked #47 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Stallings
“Had a great time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This was our first stay at the Camelot. We had the 19th floor which was considered the penthouse. It had 2 queen beds, a full fridge, stove, microwave, sink and cabinets stocked with dishes, glasses, pots and pans. It seemed pretty roomy and we are a family of 5. The living room also had a couch bed which we never used. The room had a full ocean view. This was the 3rd hotel we have stayed at in Myrtle beach. Out of all the hotel's I did think this one was the cleanest and most updated as far as the room goes. There was a little mold around the A/C vents in the bedroom and the living room but the rest of the place was really clean. The cleaning staff did a great job, even did our dishes when we forgot a couple in the sink. They also left us extra towels every day. We really liked it and I would recommend it to others. There were a couple things I think they could improve on. The pools did seem a little dirty. I also thought it was strange that there was no bathroom in the pool area. If you are on the beach or in the pool area and in need of a bathroom you have to walk across the parking garage towards the entrance to the lobby and there is one bathroom there which is for public use but only one person can use it at a time. There is no stall inside it. I do have to say it was spotless and very clean. I'm guessing not many know it exists. I thought that was inconvenient especially being at the pool or the beach with kids. The parking garage also seemed a little dangerous when you are approaching a corner it is very hard for two vehicles to turn at the same time, if there is another vehicle coming the opposite way. Other than that, we did have a great time. The keycard has multiple discounts associated it. One we used was 15% off the bill at Friendly's. It also allows you to go to waves water park for free. We didn't have a chance to visit but I thought it was a great offer. Again, the cleaning staff was great as opposed to other places we stayed at. Also, location was great, you could walk to nearby places to shop and eat. It was very close to Broadway on the beach, Barefoot landing and you can walk right out of the pool area and you are on the beach. I would've given 4 1/2 stars if possible. Just clean the pools & put a bathroom in the outside pool area.

Room Tip: We had the penthouse, it was awesome!!

422 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Overall, our stay at Camelot by the Sea was delightful. Staff was wonderfully friendly. They accommodated us with extra towels, a specific room request, pack-n-play...anything we asked they gave. We had the one bedroom condo on floor 15. Perfectly clean. VERY comfy beds, plenty of space. The cleaning staff even did our dishes for us everyday! The location was very central. We even walked to the boardwalk one evening. My only complaint was that the pools were a little on the dirty side. Not sand type of dirt. I expect sand at an ocean side hotel. But little fuzzy floaty things, dirt, the occasional bug. That sort of dirt. My kids never noticed and were never bothered by it, but I felt like it should have been cleaner. They only have one attendant at the pools, and they are in charge of towels, so I never saw anyone cleaning them (maybe they do it at night?) But we would get down to the pools pretty early and they were dirty from the get go. So, that is my only complaint. Other than that we had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: Other travelers suggested to ask for a room at a high level. So we did that and got a room on the 15...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I just have to say that this was a great time for me and my family and the service of the hotel was awesome and probably back here for my next vacations, the beach is just steps away from the hotel and you can have everything close to you as shops, restaurants and diverse of attractions definitely this is a good place to spend time with the family and friends.

Oxford, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My Family ( 2 adults, 2 kids) stayed here Aug 2014 for a weekend. We stayed in a Pent House room on the 19th floor and the ocean view was amazing. The room was clean and the beds are VERY comfortable! I asked for extra wash clothes, towels and they were delivered in less than 20 mins. The only issue i had was a small leak from the a/c but overall it was a good expierance. The pools and tiki bar is nice as well~

Room Tip: We stayed in a Pent House room, upper level rooms are a plus!
Kingsport, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

We were a family from Tennessee on a 5 night vacation, overall it was a great place to stay, if you can overlook the loudness. We were on the 2nd level not only could hear every sound of the parking garage located right outside your Room, the people next to us kept us all night basically. We had to call the front desk twice for anything to be done. Also on 2 different occasions we were not allowed to park on our level due to cars not staying in the hotel being parked there, when front desk was notified he said "I guess you'll just have to park on another level." Also if your going out and are out of towels I hope your in no hurry, we waited over sn hour before they ever brought any up. For 1100 dollars I was expecting a bit more.

Dover, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

we had a great time untill we had a big mix up on are time booked hear we booked 7 days and we was onley down for 5 even thoe we paid deposits on the extra 2 days my doughter and grand child had to go home early becouse we was not told this till the 4th day and every thing was to be paid the day of check in and we thought it was taken care of but guess not we was upset

Room Tip: parking on 10th level is as far up as it goes so staying on 11th,12th, on up has no parking by there...
TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Chris Huskey 8/11/2014
4 nights stay

Room was not very clean
Other than that it was a
Great stay.

I called the office to
See if we could check in
Early and they told me it
Was ready I was early but
The room was ready. when I
Got there they told me
That there was a 30.00
Early check in fee I was
Upset that they did not
Tell me this on the phone
When I called them.I had
Already paid for my
Stay and had to pay extra
I don't think that was
Right if the room was
Ready they should not
Have charged me the 30.00
Extra dollars.

• Stayed August 2014

Been to Camelot By The Sea, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!