“Family reunion” 4 of 5 stars

Camelot By The Sea, Oceana Resorts
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2000 N. Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Up to 30% off weeknights!
Ranked #51 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Saint Augustine
“Family reunion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Reserved 4 units 6 months in advance for a family union. Hotel staff accomodated my request to have all units on same floor together for ease of visiting, etc. We were on the 19th floor which was great for view and being away from garage traffic. Covered parking was great for all the in and outs we did to restaurants and entertainment. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Get above parking garage level.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

388 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Checked in on Sun. and as I arrived thought the grounds looked nice so hotel couldnt be to bad. WRONG!!!! First room they gave us immediately set off my allergies and asthma. Drop ceiling contained mold and mildew. Directly, in front of one of the beds is the hvac system covered by a slated door. The door had dust bunnies actually hanging from it. The mildew smell over powered the room. The lamp in the corner stood only by leaning against the wall. The second room and only option we had available per front desk was slightly better. When I notified the front desk that the first room gave immediate reaction to my asthma and allergies, the front desk clerk and I guess registered allergist, proceeded to tell me that happens a lot with allergy sufferers when they come to waterfront areas. I agree it does happen often but only at poorly cared for properties, that contain high concentrations of dust, mold and mildew. Rushed out to purchase cleaning products and air fresheners.
We decided to check in and accept room #2 only if housekeeping would come dust the hvac door that sits at the foot of the bed. Housekeeping was called and after a 2 hr wait I contacted the front desk to see when they would be arriving and to notify them of the fact that 2 lights were not working. Maintenance arrived immediately and asked if I tried turning the light on. No, I just guessed it wasn't working. He fixed the light but informed me he does not handle the dust situation and would have housekeeping handle it. She arrives and first thing out of her mouth is "What do you want me to dust?" with a little more attitude than needed. I proceeded to show her and as she noticed my labored breathing she said "You have asthma dont you". At this point her attitude changed and she cleaned the doors.
Later that night we proceeded to take showers but only noticed towels for 3 for our room of 4.
Covered parking is great but spaces are small and limited. In this day in time most people drive full size SUV's or minivans while on vacay.
This am asked housekeeping for laundry bags since only one was provided by hotel and there were 4 needed. Very unfriendly housekeeper stated bags are at office and handed us a monstrous trashbag. Politely asked for much small trashbag as opposed to her selection. She asked if we would need room services for the day we told her yes and would be leaving room shortly. After a day at the beach of course we return to find the room never serviced.
Checkin out Fri. and I cant wait.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Where to begin...4pm check-in and they got me in early(3:30pm)...the room really wasn't ready as an industrial sized fan had to be left there to dry the wet carpet...they didn't come get the fan until the next day and that was even after I told them about it on day 1...they haven't updated the furnishings since the 70's...the carpet was pulling up in spots...the remote was missing a battery...all of the furniture was random/nothing matched...we called and asked for towels and had to re-call 3 hours later as they forgot...look, it is on the beach and it's got an amazing view...I went with some buddies so we made the best out of it...but I cannot imagine bringing your significant other here...the balcony's were non-smoking...the only good thing I can think of was that the housekeeping did a thorough/quick job...not worth the price....at all...multiple renovations needed stat

Room Tip: Book another hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Couldn't have asked for a better view of the ocean. I spent hours on the balcony just watching. We even saw dolphins swim by. Everyone was so helpful and knowledgeable when I had questions. I had a great time and didn't want to leave.

Salisbury,NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Stayed five nights in July! Had a blast with the family! The staff was great. The views were awesome! Lived the pools and hot tubs! The covered parking was great too. We were able to park right outside our room which was awesome!

Belmont, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I look my young grandchildren and this was a great place for beach fun. I especially liked the covered pools so that in the heat of the day, we still had a cool place to play. There are pools for every age group from 6 inches deep and above. There is a bar at the pool area for adults and the beach is right through the gates. The room was a nice size with a balcony for listening to the ocean. The kitchen is a little small but adequate. I recommend asking for a room on a floor above the parking deck so you don't have car noise at night. There is not a restaurant in the hotel but there are many nearby.

Room Tip: ask for a room higher than the parking garage to cut down on noise
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was our third stay at the Camelot and we had another enjoyable visit. The rooms are nice and clean and the amenities are great. It also felt very safe for families and young children. Oh, forgot to mention that the ocean view is breathless and having a sunbathing area, just outside of the pool area, is a nice feature, along with the poolside refreshment stand.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Camelot By The Sea, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!