Like you, I read many reviews on every hotel in the Myrtle Beach area, even though I've been coming here since I was old enough to walk (a very long time). In all that time, nothing much has changed, so don't expect it to be something it's not. Taking that into consideration here is a run down of our trip to Camelot.
Pro: Received a good rate with HotelsTonight, we stayed two nights for the rate of other discount websites nightly rate. If you're interested in this app you can use promo code BROBERTSON46 and receive $25 off your first stay. That's what we did and it helped take care of taxes.
Con: We had to pay an extra $10 resort fee at the hotel, but no biggie, the rate we received was deeply discounted so you take the good with the bad.
Pro: Our hotel room was clean and every room has a view of the ocean. This is the way all hotels should be set up but in the Myrtle area, but most have a premium price for a view.
Con: We were greeted by a roach on our door when we arrived one night. I'm talking about the water type that could fit the palm of your hand. Honestly, you can't go to South Carolina without seeing them so just know you will and move on. We saw them smeared across a nice pier restaurant deck, the hood of someone's car in a parking lot, it just is what it is. *Note we did not see any in our actual room, it was the outside of the building, if that matters to you.
Pro: The hotel has a very nice pool area with really great pool towels available to hotel guest. We received a wrist band but, probably because it was off season, no one was checking for them. (We picked this hotel because of the hot tubs and they were both very large and many times we were the only people in them.)
Con: Our cell phone was stolen by some drifters who reached across the gate. We later found it in the bushes of an adjacent parking lot. The front desk said this happens often because it is a tourist town. So make sure you keep an eye on your stuff even when you seem to be the only one in the hot tub.
Pro: The garage allows parking next to room and indoor convenience for carrying things in the rain. We did not hear any garage noise from our room but it was off season so maybe that helped lighten the traffic.
Con: On the 9th floor it took about 5 minutes and a few near head-on collisions to enter/exit the hotel garage. *First world problems*
Pro: It's next door to Bummz Café
Con: Don't really see a con
So, I would give this hotel 3 stars because it was an average Myrtle Beach Hotel. I would come back if it had a good price and I wanted to vacation in a tourist trap...I mean, somewhere the kids found entertainment :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of Myrtle Beach, our resort features beautifully decorated studio, one-, two- and three bedroom suites with private oceanfront balconies. Our amenities include oceanfront pool; lazy river, and oceanfront fitness center & attached parking garage. While staying with us you will be close to many of the beaches wonderful attractions, restaurants and nationally recognized golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Camelot By The Sea, Oceana Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camelot Resort Myrtle Beach Sc
- Camelot Myrtle Beach
- Camelot Sea Myrtle Beach
- Camelot Hotel Myrtle Beach Sc
- Myrtle Beach Camelot Resort
- Camelot By The Sea Hotel
- Camelot By The Sea Myrtle Beach