“Wish We Could Have Stayed Longer” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2000 N. Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #46 of 216 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Lebanon, Indiana
“Wish We Could Have Stayed Longer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was our first time to stay @ CBS. We were on the 16th floor. The views out of the balcony(beach & ocean) and front door(city skyline) were GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! The room was nice and the hotel staff very friendly and attended to our every need. Looking back, It's too bad the package we bought into was for only 4 nights(Sat-Wed),we would have liked to stay another 2 nights at the package rate.
We only had 2 issues:
1. Limited and inconsistent Wi-Fi signal. There must only be 4 routers for a 19 floor hotel (too few/ need more). The signal strength was strongest on the balcony and non-existent 4ft inside the sliding glass door. I had to call their IT person daily to have the routers reset.
2. Couldn't leave the slider open for an extended period of time to allow the sea breeze into the room because the tile kitchen floor in front of the A/C unit would become wet.
Registration was a ZOO!!!!!!! Limited parking spaces for registration with so many people checking in. I would say the parking is barley adequate(10 floors of parking for a 19 floor facility). The spaces are just OK. The ones by the "pillars" are tough to get into and out of.I watched a young lady barley back her car into one of them trying to negotiate the cramped spacing. They should put a styrafoam or rubber type barrier(wrap) part way around the concrete supports.There is only one ramp up and down. In the curves it is JUST wide enough to get 2 cars by, especially since everyone likes to drive in the middle.
Even with these inconveniences, we look forward to returning next year. Hopefully the issues I/we have brought up will be addressed by then.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Salisbury, North Carolina, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We loved our room. It was clean and tidy and the staff took good care of the room each day. We were on the top floor, so our view was fantastic. That being said, we did have to be moved once, due to being right in front of the elevators. These were used all hours of the night by very noisy people. But the Staff moved us the next day. However, we were moved next door to very rowdy YOUNG neighbors who kept us up well into the morning hours. Yelling, slamming the door, bumping the walls, etc. Needless to say, this is why we don't like staying in Hotels. No one sticks by the "quiet" rule after 11 pm. The Hotel was wonderful, with awesome pools and lazy rivers, but the neighbors beside us should have been kicked out.

Room Tip: Do not stay in front of an elevator, and report any loud and abnoxious behavior immediately.
Nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My family had a great time. The water park enhances the value of the stay. My 5 year old loved the free water park with all the slides. We also loved the location and heated pools. The rooms had everything we needed. Excellent hotel, great deal for this location.

Burlington, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

This will be an honest straightforward review from someone who travels quite a bit and has been coming to all beaches in MB area for over 35 yrs. There is a lot of turnover, so do not show up before the 4 pm check in hoping to get in early. You may get lucky but don't count on it. It was 4:30 for us and there were still people waiting with no clue on how long the wait would be. I read the reviews about the tight turns and parking in the deck. I park in a deck every day at work and have parked in decks at other hotels. This was one of the tightest I have seen. I am glad to be driving a car and not a SUV. There was barely room to open your doors and the turns were sharp and blind. This is a very family oriented and there are lots of young kids everywhere. There is no smoking allowed anywhere on the property. You have to sign that you know this and will be removed and fined if caught smoking anywhere, which includes balcony and grass next to beach. Because they sell drinks at the pool, you are not allowed to bring any alcoholic beverages outside your room. Positive side - clean, helpful staff, and wonderful location. It was nice to have so many places you could walk to to grab something to eat. So if you don't smoke and drive a small car, this would be a nice place to stay. They have really nice lounge chairs around the pools and grass area.

One final thought. These units are individually owned and furnished. It is the luck of the draw on how nicely furnished or updated the unit you will be in. Our unit still had an old tube TV and a flat panel. Bathroom was new but mattresses were old and lumpy. OK for weekend but I would have not wanted to be stuck here for much longer.

• Stayed June 2013
Taylorsville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Beautiful,clean roomy and oceanfront..What more would you need? Our stay in oceanfront one bedroom was great. The place was very clean and really fit our needs. Easy check in and out. Staff was awesome. We had 2 teen girls and they had plenty to do here. Great location..Great price. Loved the parking right at the hotel. We were on 18 floor but the elevator was fast.
Best stay ever in MB..oh and we got great pricing through Oceana..oh yes free water park tickets. That alone is 27.95 per person but it was FREE.. Girls loved it...stay here. Will return for sure. One more things...BEDDING WAS GREAT..

Room Tip: Rooms 1 - 10 have parking on same floor
Sautee Nacoochee, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My teenage daughter and I took a quick 3 night vacation staying at Camelot By The Sea. We originally chose this hotel because it appealed to my daughter online and she remembered the outward appearance from our trip to Myrtle Beach last year. We booked a one bedroom studio with two double beds. It was sized just right for the two of us. The room was clean and nicely decorated. The beds were extremely comfortable. It was the best sleep I have ever had in a hotel. We were on the 9th floor. So we were adjacent to the parking garage. This is a huge plus for me as I get nervous leaving my car away from the hotel. I parked where I could see the car from the room. There was a little honking from the garage during the day, but nothing disturbed us at night. In fact, this hotel was much quieter (and more family friendly) than the nearby hotel we stayed at last year. I drive an SUV and didn't have any difficulty navigating the garage. (Just drive slowly and use the mirrors to look around the corners.) The bathroom counter space is small, but that isn't something that mattered to me. The sitting area in the room was great and the view was fabulous. The staff was very good. James at the front desk called us just after checked in to be sure the room was the way we wanted it. He called again the night before we checked out to see if we needed anything before leaving. I've never had that kind of service at a beach hotel before. The pool area was very nice with a variety of choices (lazy river, indoor pool, outdoor pool, kiddie pool, hot tubs, etc.) I did think it was just a little pricey, but the price included a variety of discounts at area attractions and admission to a water park as well. I would definitely consider booking this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you want to be next to the parking garage choose floors up to 9. If you think the garage will be...
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed here in 2006, so we thought we would give it another try. The staff is excellent. From the Front Desk to Housekeeping, we were well taken care of. I was a little disappointed that the staff had lost the Renaissance themed dress, but I learned that they may be going back to it soon. The waves were a little rough for my four year old, but the pools kept him very entertained.

The only complaint I could make would be that there is new staff supervision around the pool areas. There were teenagers in charge of doing events, but no direct supervision. This lead to several young kids jumping into the pools, almost landing on my son. My biggest concern was the kids that were jumping, were coming close to hitting their heads on the concrete islands in the pool.

Upon check out, I was taken care of by a front desk staff member who I seen on three different occasions. Each time she was as cheerful as possible. An hour and a half after check out, I received a phone call from the hotel informing me that we had left medicine and ~$40 in one of the dresser drawers. Luckily we had taken a shopping trip at The Gay Dolphin and stopped for breakfast before heading out. So we were only about 15 mins out when they called.

A great trip. Definitely have breakfast at Lulu's Cafe across the street. The Egg's Benedict over Crab Cakes was my best meal from the entire week. Bumz has excellent onion straws. Banditos has one of the best salsas I have ever had, and their shrimp and grits plate was my second best meal. And the Gay Dolphin has great shopping for anything sea related.

Room Tip: Rooms above the 10th floor will be quieter because the parking garage only goes to the 10th floor. B...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Camelot By The Sea, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!