“No stress vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Sautee Nacoochee, Georgia
“No stress vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My teenage daughter and I took a quick 3 night vacation staying at Camelot By The Sea. We originally chose this hotel because it appealed to my daughter online and she remembered the outward appearance from our trip to Myrtle Beach last year. We booked a one bedroom studio with two double beds. It was sized just right for the two of us. The room was clean and nicely decorated. The beds were extremely comfortable. It was the best sleep I have ever had in a hotel. We were on the 9th floor. So we were adjacent to the parking garage. This is a huge plus for me as I get nervous leaving my car away from the hotel. I parked where I could see the car from the room. There was a little honking from the garage during the day, but nothing disturbed us at night. In fact, this hotel was much quieter (and more family friendly) than the nearby hotel we stayed at last year. I drive an SUV and didn't have any difficulty navigating the garage. (Just drive slowly and use the mirrors to look around the corners.) The bathroom counter space is small, but that isn't something that mattered to me. The sitting area in the room was great and the view was fabulous. The staff was very good. James at the front desk called us just after checked in to be sure the room was the way we wanted it. He called again the night before we checked out to see if we needed anything before leaving. I've never had that kind of service at a beach hotel before. The pool area was very nice with a variety of choices (lazy river, indoor pool, outdoor pool, kiddie pool, hot tubs, etc.) I did think it was just a little pricey, but the price included a variety of discounts at area attractions and admission to a water park as well. I would definitely consider booking this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you want to be next to the parking garage choose floors up to 9. If you think the garage will be...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed here in 2006, so we thought we would give it another try. The staff is excellent. From the Front Desk to Housekeeping, we were well taken care of. I was a little disappointed that the staff had lost the Renaissance themed dress, but I learned that they may be going back to it soon. The waves were a little rough for my four year old, but the pools kept him very entertained.

The only complaint I could make would be that there is new staff supervision around the pool areas. There were teenagers in charge of doing events, but no direct supervision. This lead to several young kids jumping into the pools, almost landing on my son. My biggest concern was the kids that were jumping, were coming close to hitting their heads on the concrete islands in the pool.

Upon check out, I was taken care of by a front desk staff member who I seen on three different occasions. Each time she was as cheerful as possible. An hour and a half after check out, I received a phone call from the hotel informing me that we had left medicine and ~$40 in one of the dresser drawers. Luckily we had taken a shopping trip at The Gay Dolphin and stopped for breakfast before heading out. So we were only about 15 mins out when they called.

A great trip. Definitely have breakfast at Lulu's Cafe across the street. The Egg's Benedict over Crab Cakes was my best meal from the entire week. Bumz has excellent onion straws. Banditos has one of the best salsas I have ever had, and their shrimp and grits plate was my second best meal. And the Gay Dolphin has great shopping for anything sea related.

Room Tip: Rooms above the 10th floor will be quieter because the parking garage only goes to the 10th floor. B...
Claremont, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Loved Camelot!! Room was very clean & loved having the maid service each day. Staff was very nice and helpful. Nice/clean pool area. Would definitely recommend this hotel. Also booked online through hotels.com on my cell phone & got a GREAT deal!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was very impressed with the accomodations. Your housekeeping stay on 3rd floor were very professional and friendly. Front desk was more than gracious! Location was excellent for the strip and shopping.

Room Tip: I would stress this is kid friendly. I would recommend this place for people who enjoy small childr...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I loved the fact that the entire facility was smoke free! It really does make a difference. Another important factor is the cleanliness and the promptiness of the staff. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013
Roscoe, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Was very impreesed by staffs willingness to give information on nearby attractions. Also the ability to walk to many nearby restaurants was very nice. Would recommend Camelot By The Sea to anyone looking to stay on the beach in Myrtle Beach. Nearby restaurants included Bumz, Banditos, River City Cafe, Dirty Dons, Pier 14, Lulus, and Soho. Access to the beach was nice for early morning walks and also late night returns from local establishments. Also there were pools to lounge around at the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The view was amazing and we were within walking distance of everything. The venue was clean and enjoyable. We enjoyed the local dining, Bummz, LuLu's and River City Cafe - all within walking distance. Our room was a 1 bedroom which offered us the opportunity to put our daughter to bed and stay up to enjoy our ocean view. The most amazing thing was the view of the ocean the moment you walked into the room - mesmerizing!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Camelot By The Sea, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!