We stayed here in 2006, so we thought we would give it another try. The staff is excellent. From the Front Desk to Housekeeping, we were well taken care of. I was a little disappointed that the staff had lost the Renaissance themed dress, but I learned that they may be going back to it soon. The waves were a little rough for my four year old, but the pools kept him very entertained.
The only complaint I could make would be that there is new staff supervision around the pool areas. There were teenagers in charge of doing events, but no direct supervision. This lead to several young kids jumping into the pools, almost landing on my son. My biggest concern was the kids that were jumping, were coming close to hitting their heads on the concrete islands in the pool.
Upon check out, I was taken care of by a front desk staff member who I seen on three different occasions. Each time she was as cheerful as possible. An hour and a half after check out, I received a phone call from the hotel informing me that we had left medicine and ~$40 in one of the dresser drawers. Luckily we had taken a shopping trip at The Gay Dolphin and stopped for breakfast before heading out. So we were only about 15 mins out when they called.
A great trip. Definitely have breakfast at Lulu's Cafe across the street. The Egg's Benedict over Crab Cakes was my best meal from the entire week. Bumz has excellent onion straws. Banditos has one of the best salsas I have ever had, and their shrimp and grits plate was my second best meal. And the Gay Dolphin has great shopping for anything sea related.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of Myrtle Beach, our resort features beautifully decorated studio, one-, two- and three bedroom suites with private oceanfront balconies. Our amenities include oceanfront pool; lazy river, and oceanfront fitness center & attached parking garage. While staying with us you will be close to many of the beaches wonderful attractions, restaurants and nationally recognized golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, getaroom.com and Venere so you can book your Camelot By The Sea, Oceana Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camelot Resort Myrtle Beach Sc
- Camelot Myrtle Beach
- Camelot Sea Myrtle Beach
- Camelot Hotel Myrtle Beach Sc
- Myrtle Beach Camelot Resort
- Camelot By The Sea Hotel
- Camelot By The Sea Myrtle Beach