We stayed at this high rise hotel for a couple of nights in connection with the Bi-Lo Marathon weekend. Most of the beachfront hotels in this area of Myrtle Beach show some age and wear & tear, but this one is definitely better than average. Our king oceanfront suite was nicely furnished, with fridge, microwave, two flat screen TV's, etc. The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was standard, but fine. All of the staff we dealt with were friendly and helpful (not always the case in Myrtle Beach). There's no restaurant, but a Starbucks across the street for breakfast, as well as other places for breakfast within a short walk. The pool and indoor lazy river are nothing special, but OK. The hotel has a large on-site parking garage with ample spaces---a real plus. The location is within walking distance of the convention center and the attractions of the central district of Myrtle Beach. Overall, a better than average place to stay on the beach.
We had a special marathon rate which included breakfast and one pre-marathon pasta dinner at a sister hotel (Patricia Grande) down the street. When I made the reservation, I was told that this restaurant was just a short walk from the Camelot, but the walk was 3/4 of a mile. Also, they could have been more knowledgeable about the traffic situation during the marathon, as the race route ran right in front of the hotel. But these issues obviously are just related to this weekend.
- Also Known As:
- Camelot Resort Myrtle Beach Sc
- Camelot Myrtle Beach
- Camelot Sea
- Camelot Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Camelot Resort Myrtle Beach
- Camelot Sea Myrtle Beach
- Camelot By The Sea
- Camelot Hotel Myrtle Beach Sc
- Myrtle Beach Camelot Resort
- Camelot By The Sea Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of Myrtle Beach, our resort features beautifully decorated studio, one-, two- and three bedroom suites with private oceanfront balconies. Our amenities include oceanfront pool; lazy river, and oceanfront fitness center & attached parking garage. While staying with us you will be close to many of the beaches wonderful attractions, restaurants and nationally recognized golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, AAA Travel Services, Booking.com, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Camelot By The Sea, Oceana Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.