“Enjoyed” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Hogeye Crossroads, South Carolina, United States
“Enjoyed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Overall, our stay was wonderful. We did have a mishap of the tub flooding our closet in the bedroom, maintenance was very nice and had it fixed by the time we returned later in the day. My pet peeve was the coffee pot didn't match the coffee maker, I turned it on and walked away only to come back to a huge overflowing mess. Not having coffee in the morning is not good for me, LOL. I would like to say Mary in reservations was wonderful!!!! Would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Weaverville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Was dated and could use some attention in the public areas. But overall we enjoyed ourselves. Everyone was nice and helpful, was on the 16th floor and had a wonderful view. The room was spacious and clean. would stay here again during off season, but would not pay summer prices here. Just a little run down for those prices. Overall not bad

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Fayetteville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We booked a room at this hotel through an advertising promotion that they offered for the off season. Our first night was fine, but the second night was ruined by a LARGE LOUD PRIVATE PARTY in the public areas of this hotel. We were charged a resort fee to use the amenities and could not. When I called and asked the front desk clerk to consider leaving the pool area open a little later so paying guests of the hotel could use it, I was promptly denied and was treated rather rudely. I was offered a discount on a future stay, so I called this week to arrainge to go back so they could make a better first impression, as we travel to myrtle beach several times a year in addition to owning a time share there. They offered me $5 off per night. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! So..I will choose not to go back to Camelot or any other Oceana property.

Room Tip: We had a great one bedroom oceanfront on the 17th floor. The room was spotless.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
OceanaResorts, General Manager at Camelot By The Sea, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Camelot by the Sea. Your input is extremely important to us. We are sorry to hear to that you did not have the experience you hoped for. We understand that we were able to offer you a discount on your next stay. We apologize that the discount could only be provided on rack rates, not on special rates. This is company policy. We do hope you’ll visit with us again soon and allow us to provide you with a better experience.
Burlington,NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The 2 bedroom suite was great for the price. The living room furniture was very uncomfortable. It needs to be replaced. Everything was cleaned daily. It was o good 4 days there. Staff were very friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

I loved the stay even though it was for only one night and my kids enjoyed it also. They loved the indoor pool and lazy river and I enjoyed the hot tub. The one thing I did like was there was a variety of music playing also.

• Stayed February 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My sister and I stayed at Camelot by the Sea in March and September last year. We had nothing but praise after the stay in March. Unfortunately, I can’t say the same for the stay in September. The room was nice enough, but not as clean as the room in March.

We were in the room when housekeeping came the first two days so we told them that we only needed them to take the trash and leave clean towels. Our last day there, we were out of the room most of the day. When we returned, we realized that someone had gone through our luggage. Fortunately, we had locked our iPads in the safe and had our wallets with us. Nothing was missing, but I don’t like the thoughts of someone going through my things. I reported this the next day as we were checking out. The lady at the desk asked me to write down what happened and include my phone number. It’s been four months and I have not heard anything from Camelot or Oceana. I am getting ready to make reservations for our trip in March and I can assure you that it will not be with an Oceana resort.

Room Tip: I will not stay there again.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Morganton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

NIce place to stay close to everything . Nice staff Clean rooms with great views . The only thing I didnt like You cant take a cooler by the pool anymore .They put up a small ouside bar and force you to buy their overpriced drinks and beer So if you want to drink your own you have to stay in your room or go out on the beach .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Camelot By The Sea, Oceana Resorts? Share your experiences!