“Love Month Getaway !” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 217 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Burlington,NC
“Love Month Getaway !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The 2 bedroom suite was great for the price. The living room furniture was very uncomfortable. It needs to be replaced. Everything was cleaned daily. It was o good 4 days there. Staff were very friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TammieBurlington_NC

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I loved the stay even though it was for only one night and my kids enjoyed it also. They loved the indoor pool and lazy river and I enjoyed the hot tub. The one thing I did like was there was a variety of music playing also.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Luckycharm_32
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My sister and I stayed at Camelot by the Sea in March and September last year. We had nothing but praise after the stay in March. Unfortunately, I can’t say the same for the stay in September. The room was nice enough, but not as clean as the room in March.

We were in the room when housekeeping came the first two days so we told them that we only needed them to take the trash and leave clean towels. Our last day there, we were out of the room most of the day. When we returned, we realized that someone had gone through our luggage. Fortunately, we had locked our iPads in the safe and had our wallets with us. Nothing was missing, but I don’t like the thoughts of someone going through my things. I reported this the next day as we were checking out. The lady at the desk asked me to write down what happened and include my phone number. It’s been four months and I have not heard anything from Camelot or Oceana. I am getting ready to make reservations for our trip in March and I can assure you that it will not be with an Oceana resort.

Room Tip: I will not stay there again.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
6 Thank Rita L
Morganton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

NIce place to stay close to everything . Nice staff Clean rooms with great views . The only thing I didnt like You cant take a cooler by the pool anymore .They put up a small ouside bar and force you to buy their overpriced drinks and beer So if you want to drink your own you have to stay in your room or go out on the beach .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Our young family had a wonderful time. The children enjoyed the pool, hot tub, and lazy river. We loved the ability to walk right out to the beach. Our room had two queen beds, a kitchen and bath, and a living room with a balcony. It was a perfect size for a family of 5. Everything was very clean.
My only complaint was that we did not have hot water from the shower for 24 hours. The staff at the front desk explained that there was a problem with a water heater and they were having trouble locating a plumber over the weekend. I was about to ask if there were another room where we could shower before we left, but the staff person basically stated her line, quickly apologized, and then hung up. We were leaving at this time and I did not want to sour a nice weekend so I went with it. Nonetheless, having read similar reviews about hot water issues, I'm questioning that this may be a trend here. But, like I said, everything else was perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the very active and loud elevators. Check the shower for hot water when you...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank HappyMama_3
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful clean room with ocean view. Place is pretty empty in Jan but great service. Heated pools were welcome. Short walk to the best and worst of myrtle beach.
A warm sunny day let us head out to the beach and build a castle. The sound of the surf puts you to sleep at night.

No idea what craziness would face you at spring break or come summer, but for this family this was a great place to unwind.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank AF_Travellers
Greensboro, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My family and I stayed in a two bedroom during the Christmas holidays. We have such a wonderful time. The hotel was nice, room was nice, etc. The kitchen was well stocked with all the pots and pans and appliances needed. We actually cooked our Christmas dinner (turkey, ham, dressing, etc.). The hotel is also in a great location - close to everything. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple