“Sea dip how bout sea dump!!!” 1 of 5 stars

You added Sea Dip Motel And Condos to your Saves list
Sea Dip Motel And Condos
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2608 North Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577-3239   |
Ranked #170 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Sea dip how bout sea dump!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here vin 2012 was a horrible place ! Got in room which smelled like a saloon . Went to use the toaster and someone had cut the cord .. Tried to get towels still waiting for them, the pool was so rough tore up our feet was worst pool ever, we went to leave and the cart that Had our luggage wheel fell off our luggage all over the place , the elevator took for ever!!!! Wont be staying there again!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Hendersonville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed one night end of June as bringing our son to camp. We were very disappointed and greatful we weren't staying longer. We had a room whose windows faced the indoor pool. Musty and damp even with air conditioner. None of the appliances on the side of the headboards worked (lamps), etc. so could not read in bed. The elevator looked decrepit. We saw rusted air conditioners on the outside of the building while sitting at the pool. The kitchen aspect did not look clean or functioning to use except for the fridge. Lots of young kids partying on the balcony and obviously drunk. My kid was older but not the family vibe I expected. Not much warm fuzzy feeling about this place. Sticker shock with the total price of room with taxes. People at front desk were nice but that's the best I can say. Will not go here again. I didn't think the reviews sounded that bad but I got it now. A deal was no deal.

Room Tip: Do not get a room looking into the pool. If we walked out on our balcony we were in the heated pool...
Waynesboro, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My honest advice - don't stay here! Our shower didn't drain, so it pooled as you showered, and there were 2 hot water knobs in the shower. The water was immediately scalding hot. When we asked to switch rooms, we were told there weren't any available, even though we saw rooms available on their website at the time. When I pointed this out, I was then offered a similar room in the South Tower with an "upgrade" fee of $81.36 for the last 2 nights of my stay. I politely declined and went back up to my old room, and they called up a few minutes later to say that a room had just become available for an additional $10 the next morning. Needless to say, we were charged more than $10 for the "upgrade" on our final bill. The outlets were rusted, the toaster only toasted half a piece of bread, and the only outlet in the kitchen was above the stove, so anything plugged in had to be sitting directly on an old burner. The hotel does not provide coffee (only the filters) or any toiletries other than 2 small bars of soap, and no hair dryer. When the maid came to clean our room, we asked her for towels, since our room didn't come with any, and she said they were out. We also overheard them tell a guest that they were "sold out" of extra pillows. Each pillow has the room number written in Sharpie on it. The phone in our room was labeled for a different room. The dresser drawer was stuck shut. To call the front desk, we had to slam the phone to make it work. Housekeeping often hung out on the steps to the motel, smoking and blocking the stairway. The emergency exits were smoky, dark, and the ground-floor exit handle was hanging off the door, and the elevator was broken one of the days we were there. When we finally got to move to a new room, we were much happier upon first glance. Then my toddler discovered a dirty swim diaper under the sink in the bathroom and the tray of utensils and 2 steak knives stored in a bottom cabinet in the kitchen. This room was also devoid of towels. My husband asked the front desk for towels and for someone to come remove the dirty diaper, but told them he would call when we were ready for them, as I was nursing my son at the time and then we'd put him down for a nap. Housekeeping came in immediately later, knocking briefly (to which I replied, "Just a minute!") and then opening the door as I was scrambling to throw on my bathing suit top. She gave us new towels, but didn't remove the dirty diaper from the bathroom. She came back awhile later, knocking on the door as my son was napping. The only good things about this motel were the (small) pools, the proximity to the beach, the large fridge, and the nice Pack N Play they provided for my son.

Room Tip: South Tower seems more updated... maybe 20 years newer? Still dirty and without towels, though. The...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Salisbury, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The hotel is outdated but it is not as bad as people say it is. Needless to say it is not perfect but this is my second year staying in this hotel. I love the fact that it has two pools and a lazy river for the kids.It is perfect for couples and families. It may not be the cleanest or newest but it is still one of my favorite places to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The pull-down bed looked as tho sheets hadn't even been changed. Public hair in tub, burn spots and ground in dirt on furniture. If we woulda stayed here we would had to go buy sheets to cover the furnishings and definitely the bed. Very misrepresented online. We cancelled our stay at this place.

• Stayed July 2013
Lincolnton, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

After reading so many negative reviews about this place, I wasn't sure what to expect. But after our stay I was pleasantly surprised. Even tho the rooms are fairly old, I found it to be clean overall. The staff was very nice, maid service was great. If you're looky for something "ritzy" this aint it. But if you're just looking for a decent place to lay your head down at night and get in out of the weather, it's great. Prices were pretty decent as well. We would definitely consider staying here again!

Sevierville, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

When we stayed at the Sea Dip on several vacations and they have always tried to accommodate a conservative families needs, for example when we stayed in June it was still "senior week" and they upgraded us to a larger room on a higher floor so we would not hear the noise of those who "partied", and we were not disturbed. They also had a uniformed security guards. who kept disturbances outside to a minimum We love being that close to the ocean, we could sleep with the door open and hear the ocean and feel the breeze at night! The rooms were not spotless but who could rent rooms in all that sand, saltwater, pool chlorine, and lotion and keep them spotless They run their business to accommodate the demand which sometimes means renting rooms to people who party and demolish the rooms. I think they do the best they can to keep the rooms and equipment in good shape in spite of the abuse they receive. The staff was very nice from the desk clerk, maids, and maintenance people. I love to stay at the Sea Dip,

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sea Dip Motel And Condos? Share your experiences!