“great location” 4 of 5 stars

Holiday Inn at the Pavilion
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1200 North Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #12 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ridgewood, New Jersey
“great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

This was our second stay at the HOLIDAY INN at the Pavilion and we were not disappointed. The staff goes up and beyond to help you w what ever you may need.
The location is PERFECT! You really do not have to rent a car. We took a taxi from the airport to the hotel and w tip it was $20.
This hotel is in walking distance to everything!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Excellent location. Great view. Boardwalk just in back. Unfortunately it was raining and it was a one night stay. Morning breakfast was included and that was important. Leaving early and this was convenient.

Aiken, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

The people here are such a joy. It was my first time staying so close to downtown and the boardwalk. The location is perfect and convenient to downtown. The room was clean and we totatlly enjoyed our stay and will be back.

shelby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

have been staying at holiday inn at pavilion for many years 2or 3 times per year wouldn't go anywhere else the staff are super nice and helpful cleaning staff do a great job they don't bother any personal belongings you may have in your room do a great job keeping rooms clean and plenty towels coffee and supplies you need love this place would love to live here permantly this my home away from home

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Gaffney, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

An oceanfront king suite on the boardwalk! Can't get any better than that. Though the temperature was very cold, the pool & hot tub was very warm. The location was convenient to all shopping, dining & recreation on the boardwalk. We awakened every morning to the sunrise & ocean waves. How great is that?

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

My wife and I spent our anniversary weekend here. We had a wonderful stay and will return here next year and years to come. Great location and great view. Within walking distance to great resturants and shops and only a couple miles away from Broadway at the beach

• Stayed January 2014
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have been going to MB for all of my life 30+ years now, and I have stayed in many of the hotels/condos in MB. That being said, this was my 1st time staying here because I normally want away from the hustle and bustle of the strip but being off season I wanted to be within walking distance to it all. This is the closest hotel beside the Sky Wheel so you CANNOT get any closer to the strip than this place! It was perfect location wise! You can walk to the strip, to grab food or ice cream, nice restaurant right near hotel on the pier and several others within minutes away, just really great location. We stayed on the 9th floor in an OFF eff. suite. All of the OF rooms enter from the street side and run long ways to the ocean. As soon as you walk in there is a room with 2 double beds, tv, dresser, night stand, closet with ironing board, hangers, and etc. Walk through that room and you enter a narrow kitchen area with microwave, stove, fridge, plates, utensils, coffee maker, pots, pans and etc. Half way through the kitchen to the left is a small sink area separate from the shower/toilet which worked out great for us since someone was always taking a shower and it allowed the rest of us to still get ready. It had a large mirror with a hair dryer. Just to the left of that is the bathroom which to be honest was VERY small compared to places I have stayed BUT was very clean and it had a nice large tub that looked brand new so we were ok with a large tub/shower and less bathroom space. In the bathroom was a towel shelf and on the wall was a hook to hang your clothing. On through the kitchen was the living room area that had a tv, couch, coffee table, small round kitchen/dining table with chairs, and we also had a pull down wall bed that was a double bed in size so the living area was spacious. We had an OF room and the balcony was very spacious and the view was phenomenal!!! We could see the Sky Wheel, the Boardwalk, the pier that had a restaurant, just was a great view!!! The balcony had 2 chairs and small plastic table and most balconies are very small but this one had plenty of room and the railing was sturdy and taller with smaller railing bars so I felt ok with my little kids being on the balcony too. The balconies were more private than most are as no one could really see you or look around from their balcony to yours. The only BAD thing about our balcony was they had thick plastic on the railing so we could not see the ocean from our room and could not sit and see the ocean on the balcony, we had to stand looking over the plastic. We later found out the plastic was on the railing due to construction going on right beside the building but not all of the balconies had plastic, wish they would given us one that did not have any. We really disliked the plastic as you could not see through it and since we enjoy seeing the ocean from the living room area or sitting on the balcony and watching the ocean and we couldn't I was unhappy about that. When we arrived we had plenty of towels and washcloths, a bottle of shampoo and lotion, dish liquid, tissues, bar of soap, coffee( make sure to bring your own filters) and 1 extra roll of toilet paper. The room was clean, it did not stink or have any smell at all, everything looked good, we saw no bugs which after the last place we stayed I was so thankful for! In most places the carpet/floors turn your socks black but ours were never black just normal dirty. We saw no stains on anything or rips or holes the bedspreads and curtains and decor looked nice. The beds slept ok, none of us had an issue with any 3 of the beds and we all liked the pillows, they were like down pillows or something not the typical flat and hard pillows you normally get. It was winter when we were there so all out door pools were closed of course but they had the large pool inside open, the lazy river open, and the hot tub. All were clean and we stayed in the pools our entire stay there which normally we never get in the nasty pools but these were really clean and we saw no issues. The pools close at 11pm.
Now the few things that made me give 4 stars and not 5. Upon check in, we had drove all night and it was like 3am and pouring rain so we did not see anything going on around the building and the check in lady never said anything to us either and if there were signs I was obviously too exhausted from such a long drive I did not see them, BUT there was MAJOR construction going on directly beside the building!!! They would start at 7-8am and the building literally would shake and move as they worked and the sound from the jack hammers was as if they were in our room banging a metal pipe with a hammer! We never could just sleep they worked everyday until in the afternoon/evening and it woke us up every single morning and drove us nuts! We were on the 9th floor up above the construction so I would hate to have heard what it was like on any of the lower floors! I wish it had been mentioned to us but the check in lady never said a word to us about it at all. When checking out I asked the nice lady what were they doing to the building and she said it was nothing being done to their building it was a building next door that was being torn down but you would had thought they were tearing down The Holiday Inn with all we heard and felt and how loud it was! She assured me it would be done by summer.
The room with the 2 double beds are as soon as you walk in, so closest to the street and walkway that everyone walks and all the sounds travel into the 2 double bedroom from outside. My little kids and I had terrible trouble sleeping and we were there during off season so not all the summer traffic and music and etc was even there while we were so I can see maybe that being an issue in season months. The living room area was not as bad, you can close off the room with the 2 double beds and then also close off the living room so it blocks a lot of the noise. The door to the room actually needs better insulating because while there 1 day the winds were blowing extremely hard and would blow under the gap of the door something crazy into the room, not a little breeze but would constantly blow a nice stream of cold air into the room. We ended up stuffing our suitcases at the bottom of the door to help some.
The other issue was the maid and this is really the reason I rated a 4 star, had this not happened I would had given it a 5 star. The first day she came while we were gone and did absolutely nothing but replace our towels/wash clothes. The next day same thing, only she gave us 4 towels and 3 wash clothes for 4 people so when I saw her I politely explained we needed 1 more washcloth and could we PLEASE have 2 extra towels, I have small kids and keeping 1 towel per person clean is very hard especially when your in sand and water off and on all day. She was not friendly about it and acted as though as I was stealing the towels, made me not want to ask her for anything again. The next day was really the thing that we disliked the most that the maid did. As my family and I was getting ready to go into the door to our room the maid opened it and was coming out. She acted very surprised to see us. She had our wet towels and she just sped on by us out of the room really fast without 1 word even though we said Hi and asked how she was. After walking in we realized why, she had used the bathroom in our bathroom in the room! The smell was obvious that she had used the bathroom and the toilet was still running from being flushed. I know mother nature calls at odd times but we just found that inappropriate I mean a few minutes later and we would had walked IN ON HER not to mention it was winter most of the rooms were vacant she could had picked one that had no one staying in it! We decided though maybe she had an emergency and HAD to go so I just cleaned the toilet myself and went on about our business and choose to not say anything. The next day we had stayed out the entire day and came in very late at night and saw she never came that entire day so we had no clean towels/wash clothes, and was out of toilet paper. It was so late and we were exhausted we all just went to bed thinking she would come in the morning. The next morning was check out day which check out is at 11am, and we still had no towels or anything to take showers with because she still did not come to our room prior to 11am. I think she knew we knew what she did and is why she did not come back and provide room service, but we would never had said a word to her about it I am too nice of a person to do that. The entire stay she never vacuumed or changed our sheets so for a week we slept on the same sheets, maybe they do not change them daily there like other places do....?? she also never gave us new dish clothes our entire stay or replace dish soap when we ran out of and other than seeing her for the washcloth and the day she was coming out of our room we actually never saw her otherwise.
All in all, we REALLY liked everything about this place, the room, the location, the view, we constantly saw security guards there which made me feel much safer than other places, even the check out lady was super sweet! Pools were nice, place seemed nice all around. Parking, there was a few parking places right at the hotel, then 2 parking areas across the street which even in winter we had to park across the street, and then a parking garage that is like 2 streets way back from hotel so if you come in season I would expect you would be parking over in the parking garage. We did not have a good experience with the maid service there but hopefully this was just a bad week or something for the maid we had and it will not stop us from going back! We did not get up in time any of the days there to try out the breakfast but I did hear other guests complaining that the staff watched them like hawks and made them very uncomfortable and they did not want to go back. This was from other guests not us, we were always so exhausted from our daily activities that we were unable to wake up prior to 10am which is when their breakfast ends. Overlooking the construction and maid issue would I recommend staying here? YES!! This is one place that I would not hesitate to go back to and that says a lot considering how many years I have actually been going to MB.We will be going back in July and plan on staying here. If you want a spacious room with wonderful views I recommend a higher floor, they have 10 floors, and OF eff. suite room. I like very thorough reviews and so I hope this review helps others too!

Room Tip: OF eff. suite on floors 7-10, view is absolutely beautiful and you can hear the ocean and not all th...