“Very nice stay at Sea Crest” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Price Guaranteed
Ranked #24 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Walled Lake, Michigan
“Very nice stay at Sea Crest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Our family traveled from Detroit to Myrtle Beach and stayed at Sea Crest for 4 nights (May 19-23). We had originally booked an angle oceanfront jr king suite through Groupon, which gave us an unbelievably good deal. Upon check-in, we inquired as to the price difference for an oceanfront suite instead. They said it would be $80 more per night. We quickly said no thank you to that and kept our original booking. After checking in and getting all of our luggage up to the room we realized they had put us in a room with 2 double beds instead of 1 king. My husband went to speak to the front desk about changing to a king room. They were incredibly accommodating and upgraded us to an oceanfront king suite for no extra cost! The view from the oceanfront room was incredible. It was so nice to sit out on the balcony with a cup of tea each morning.

My husband and I chose this resort for the sake of our 3 year old daughter. The resort has 8 swimming pools, including a very nice "waterpark" area for the kids. The pools were always cleaned and there is plenty of seating around each pool, perfect for sunbathing. My only concern was the amount of dead bugs floating in the kiddie waterpark area, but I suppose there's only so much they can do. Our daughter absolutely loved the pools, it was almost impossible to get her to come inside for meals/sleep!

The kitchen in the suite was incredibly convenient. Before we arrived at the hotel, we went to the local grocery store (Food Lion) and stocked up on essentials for the week and we were able to make breakfast every morning and lunch a couple of days as well using the utensils and pots and pans provided in the kitchen. My only complaint would be the age of the cabinets. They are obviously pretty old and look/feel dirty. Otherwise, everything worked really well for us.

They do have an onsite cafe that serves Starbucks coffee, but they are only open during breakfast hours and the prices were a bit steep for us. We just kept food in our room for breakfast every morning.

I would definitely recommend Sea Crest for families with young children. Our family had a great time, and would definitely return!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
Durham, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed at the Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort for one night on May 18th and it was really nice! The directions we received were a bit confusing so just to let others know, this resort is in south Myrtle Beach!! My GPS was not working properly so we had to rely on the directions of others (omg) but we found it eventually. The room was clean, staff was super friendly. Didn't like the parking deck attendant too much or the fact that the parking deck is across the street and we had to drag our luggage across the street and parking lot, but other than that it was really nice. Its a great place for families or romantic getaways :) Check in/out was a breeze with no issues....we will be back soon!

KY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Okay so keep in mind we stayed during the low season so our rates were excellent because we definitely wouldn't pay peak season rates for this places!!
We stayed in an oceanfront double efficiency booked through hotels.com so we weren't really expecting much as we wouldn't be in the room much! But this room was tiny!! There were only 2 adults as we were cramped!! The room was clean and if the bathroom would have been a little better I would have loved it because the toilet and shower were separated by a door from the vanity (sink, mirror and hairdryer). The beds were HORRIBLE...the springs would pop everytime you moved!! Extremely small closet that you couldn't fit 2 outfits...not really a problem unless you're there for a long time. Overall the room was decent for what we needed. And the room below us really enjoyed smoking weed on their balcony so this probably wouldn't be good for your kids!
The biggest problem I had is that I love an oceanfront balcony and when we checked in the floor of it was wet. I thought it was just from the rain but the next day it was so wet that water was dripping off our balcony and our air conditioner quit that night. So first thing the next morning I called for maintenance. After having to call twice and 2 hours later he showed up and fixed it but my balcony didn't dry until right before checkout. They offered no apologies and it didn't ruin my trip but still annoyed me! Cleaning staff was great!
The pools were great...2 swimming pools, 2 hot tubs,2 lazy rivers and lots of places for the kids to play in water!
Needed more elevators especially during check in/check out times...only 3 for 14 floors and all in one space!
The location wasn't the best for us...mainly because the hotel was on the south end and everything we wanted to do was on the north end. It was about 2 miles from the Boardwalk.
Overall I probably won't stay here again but during the off season the rates were too hard to pass up!

Room Tip: Don't try to put more than 2 people in the Oceanfront Efficiency!
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Ms. Hirko was very helpful at rearranging my vacation schedule. Priceline refused to alter the dates, Shauna did it herself. She should be commended.

The resort itself was satisfactory. The accommodations were cramped - tiny kitchen with no room to wash and dry dishes. The bathroom and lavatory were fine for one person at a time, no more. However the beds were comfortable, the air conditioning and television were fine as well.

Elevevaters early in the day were inadequate.

Room Tip: Ocean front kitchenettes are claustrophobic, if I return to Sea Crest I'll ask for different acc...
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I planned a special get-a-way for myself, my mother, and my two teenaged sons for Mother's Day weekend. I wanted to make sure that everything was very special. So, I specifically recall booking a room that was entitled "King Jr. Jacuzzi Ocean Front." This turned out NOT to be the case upon arrival and the room actually ended up costing more when we got there than what had been quoted online. I was supposed to pay 1/2 up front and the remaining 1/2 upon checking into the room. Well, the cost seemed to increase by $40 somehow? I'm still not sure about the reason behind the $40 increase. More than anything you are "pushed and / or rushed" to check in, because all the signs indicate 5 minute check-in parking and once you're checked in the lower parking lot signs read 15 minute unload limits. I just had foot surgery in 01/2013 and this was NO minor surgery, so between all the rushing around to get out of the parking spaces, drive across the street into the parking deck to park on the 5th floor, and wait, and wait, and wait, for the elevator to come (which it never did the night of check in) my youngest son and I decided to walk down 5 flights of stairs, across the street, and up to our room (which wasn't even the right room!!) We got placed into an angle view room of the ocean rather than ocean front!
This review could go on for days...I purchased the Family Kingdom all-day passes online for the amusement park for the boys...it was NOT all day. The park didn't even open until 4 PM and then I was specifically told this was a "seasonal pass" (both myself and my mother heard the desk clerk tell us this). NOT!! We inquired about going ahead and purchasing the "Water Park" passes across from Family Kingdom and instead of being told the water park wasn't even open yet the desk clerk told us the weather was calling for all day rain on Saturday (which was totally untrue, thank goodness), because Saturday was the only day we were going to be there ALL day.
In the "King" suites with the little kitchenettes you are required to keep your dishes washed (by hand) & NO they do NOT provide the dish soap!! I came to get away relax and spent Mother's Day weekend with my mother and children NOT to wash dishes and clean up the kitchen. I have a dishwasher at home, so I certainly am not for washing any dishes by hand--especially on my weekend off. This, by the way, is the only weekend off I have had in more than 2 1/2 years as I work f/t, go to college f/t, and am a single-parent family.
I am going to end my review with this: the rooms were nice, clean, and the staff was nice, too, but we definitely are taking another trip to Myrtle Beach this summer (we have already booked our reservations) and it is NOT at the Sea Crest! Sorry we were disappointed in several ways!
Oh! The heated pools--NOT heated.

Room Tip: Do NOT chose an "angle-view" room as you have to stretch your neck to see the ocean, but y...
Toms River, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

we spent a wonderful "spur of the moment" 4 day get away at the sea crest in myrtle beach sc. our first time in sc and we would definitely visit again. hotel room very clean, facilities as well; pool, beach etc. All staff (housekeeping, concierge) very friendly. The five star rating is awarded to Jenn a new manager in training. Jenn was so helpful in guiding us along so we could enjoy our short trip. We had absolutely no idea on where to eat or what to see or how to get there. We would have wasted so much time (which we didn't have a lot of) if Jenn hadn't stepped up and offered us information. She offered to get us car service, gave us printouts with info on restaurants (specifics not just general info). She made us feel so very welcome and we were very impressed to say the least. She is a natural for the hospitality industry and is an asset to Sea Crest. Kathleen O'Brien

Maryville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

My family and I just recently stayed at the Sea Crest Ocean Front Resort in Myrtle Beach South Carolina. The room we booked was an oceanfront room which was very nice, but we really wanted a little more area with our two small children. I called to see if there was a larger room available and the first person I talked to on the phone said they did not have any. So, I called back about 15 minutes later and spoke with Jenn Hoffman and she found an available executive suite oceanfront room for us during the days we were staying. The upgrade fee was a minimal expense for the value it added to our vacation and I cannot speak enough of the service provided to us. Not only was Ms. Hoffman able to find the room for us, but she arranged for a member of the housekeeping staff to meet us at the room to allow us to look the room over before upgrading---WOW!. We are so thankful to her for the help she provided to us. In regards to other areas of the hotel, every single time we interacted with a member of the staff whether it was housekeeping, maintenance personnel, or any other staff member, they were always so friendly. Our room was cleaned daily and the cleaning was always top notch. The only two things this hotel was missing for us was not having an in room washer and dryer and a dishwasher. However, this was a very small attribute compared to the entire vacation. The main reason we decided to stay at this resort was for the children's pool areas. Our children could not get enough of the frog slide, the yellow tube slide, and the dumping water buckets. I recommend this hotel to anyone with small children and anyone looking for exceptional customer service. Thank you Sea Crest!---R. Kirby and Family.

Room Tip: The Ocean Front Executive Suite is going to be the largest square footage room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!