“rainy week” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, Canada
“rainy week”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

The furniture could use an update again. The pillows were awful! Housekeeping tries to get away with doing as little as possible. The outdoor lounge chairs are nice. There is unfortunately a new latin restaurant next door that plays loud music so be aware if you get a side ocean view room. The water area for the kids is nice. The pool is

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I try to stay here every time i plan my vacation for the beach. Rooms are always clean and the service is on the spot. They will bend over backwards to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Very family oriented, and plenty of things for the kids to do! I definitely recommend this to all my friends and family! And i will always be a repeat costumer!

• Stayed May 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Pool was to compact so it made it very crowded. Could not find any pool towels but I did have my own. Tiki bar was nice but not always open. Overall it was a very nice, clean hotel. It was centrally located. Would stay again, maybe off season. Employees were very nice.

Monroe, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We visited here in april 2013 it was me and my kids on the trip, groupon was running the rooms for a really good deal! The hotel web page said it was newly remodeled with lots of updates but I wasn't so sure how recent they had remodeled it bc in my opinion it could use it again... the rooms were a great size and the layout was perfect but the bathroom was super small! The bathroom needed some sprucing up definitely recaulking the tub would be a start and the beds were uncomfortable and old!! Our room was an oceanview room and we had a great view of the ocean which was really good!! I'm not sure if I would re visit this hotel if I was paying full price for it, the rooms run 234.00 a night during peak season and i just don't see paying that a night for a hotel like this one!! I did like the location of it and the variety of different pools for the kids. They also have an outdoor bar that was really nice...hope this review helps it was just an ok place!

• Stayed April 2013
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had the chance to "run away from home" for an evening this past week and jumped at the opportunity. We stayed in one of the oceanfront rooms which had a fantastic view of the ocean and overlooking the pool. It was wonderful lying in bed and watching the waves/surf. The room was very nice and well decorated, clean and comfortable. We will definitely be returning.

Stanford, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Our stay was four nights in a King Ocean view suite on the 12th floor. The view from our balcony was great! We were slightly disappointed in the side view because it looked out to another tall hotel but it was not right next to us and we could see the ocean from it also. The room was a great size and was very clean when we arrived and the staff did a great job cleaning each day. All staff members were friendly and helpful. Our room was very quite. We visited the last week of April so the facility was not terribly crowded and we hardly had any wait on elevators.

Room Tip: The King Ocean View suite had an great view of the beach from the balcony. We watched the sun rise...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

The rooms are decent and comfortable, the view of the ocean from the Jr. Angle Suite is better than I expected. The hotel staff (except the front desk) was really very nice. That's about it.

BRING YOUR OWN PILLOW. I spend quite a few nights in hotels traveling and haven't run into pillows this bad in a while. Think of the cheapest pillows you've ever slept on and imagine them as several years old.

Another thing. BRING YOUR OWN TOWELS. No, really. It's an ocean front resort and it has 8 pools. However, they only provide the tiny bathroom towels in your room - nothing for the beach or the pool. This is a first for me. I was completely shocked that there were no pool towels.

The pools were cleaned daily. All were smaller than they appear in the photos on the website. It gets a bit crowded when the outside weather isn't cooperating. Good variety of pool sizes and types. A bit disappointing, but not terrible.

I think I could have given this place 3/5 if it weren't for the staff at the front desk. Check in was easy. However, I had to more interactions with them that were terrible. One night, about 6 college age guys checked into the room next door. They probably didn't consider that the walls are thin enough to hear conversations through. Well, they must have all been training for MMA or something because they were crashing around in there (seriously, if there weren't holes in the walls I'll be amazed) until 3:30am. I called the front desk a couple of times and got a really irritated sounding person who said they'd send up security - but never did. Nothing ruins a family vacation like involuntary lack of sleep.

At check out, I forgot to drop by the desk and hand in my credit card type room key. About 2 hours later, and 2 hours drive time away from there, I called to make sure that I was checked out in the system. Again, I'm used to just leaving the hotel when my stay is done and that's that. When I called to make sure that everything would be okay, the person who answered asked me to come back to return the room key cards. No, seriously. I politely told the staff person that I could mail them from my destination if it's really that important. She then put me on hold for 5 minutes so she could talk to a manager. Evidently, they can't check you out without the room key being returned. I could still be getting charged for my room at this point for all I know. I better drop the key card in the mail.

Anyway, not a fan. Definitely won't return.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!