“Enjoyment to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Low Price Guaranteed
Ranked #24 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Enjoyment to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed staying which was my first time. I am planning to be staying there more often in the near future. My kids definitely enjoyed it. My husband was pleased with how clean it was. The only problem I had was the floor number. It as a little too high for me due to the fact that I have kids. But other than that we enjoyed the location because we were near all the attractions that we wanted to attend. We had an accident while we were up there and the front desk had no problem allowing us to park our vehicle closer to the room which we really needed.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
Lyons, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed with my family the week after spring break rush. Our check in process was a hassle since the key cards that we were given didn't work. This was highly annoying as we were traveling with a 6 year old and a 6 week old and they placed us on the 7th floor. There are only 3 elevators for the main tower and the elevators are extremely slow. Our room was very dirty and in need of maintenance. The towel holders in the bathroom was broken and coming right out of the wall. There were cigarette burns on our tub and cigarette ash in our ice bucket and coming out of the ac/heat vent. This was upsetting since all the rooms are supposed to be smoke free. The carpet needed to be cleaned or even vacuumed against the wall as there food and debris all over. The 2 pools were small and extremely crowded and one of the two hot tubs was under construction for the whole week while we were there. Non smokers are not able to get away from the smokers since the hotel placed the smoker stations right next to the door for the elevators, so your family has to walk through a cloud of smoke whenever they want to get in/out of the hotel. It's extremely hard to get an elevator around check out time. It took our family over 10 minutes of waiting and then eventually had to go up in order to go down. The price was low for the room so I should have known better, the saying you get what you pay for is true in this case.

Cathedral City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

room was great. very clean. nice view of the ocean. bed was very comfortable. staff was friendly. great location. we really enjoyed our stay there. it would be nice if they had a pool for only adults. very kid friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We started with getting a room with a malfunctioning door lock, so I can't say the stay started off great. But, after the more than accommodating staff upgraded us for the trouble, everything else was top notch. Desk staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean. Pools were immaculate. The pool bar was a nice extra. My daughter swam the day away in the lazy river and multiple pools.We had a beautiful ocean view from our balcony! Will definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2013
Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

In order of happening:

1. I opened the door to the room to find it occupied.

2. The desk clerk seemed annoyed with that and me for telling her about it.

3. WiFi code wasn't in the papers given at check-in. The duty manager clearly implied that I was an idiot "it's written on the 'welcome package.'" I checked again, it wasn't.

4. If you enjoy listening to the bathroom in the room next door, this is the hotel for you.

5. The room was contemporary in the Seventies, not last week.

6. The lock on the sliding door to the balcony didn't work.

Stay somewhere else, there is much better on the ocean for the same or less money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Pretty happy with hotel over all. Our room was clean and spacious. The indoor pool was kinda dirty, mainly people coming from ocean and not showering off sand before going in pool. Customer service is ZERO. Checking in, the attendant seemed put out. Our room wasn't cleaned next day, no big deal but we needed clean towels again attendant at front desk was rude. For price its a good hotel especially if you have kids. Next trip I will pass on this hotel and spend a little more for better customer service

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This hotel should be downgraded from a 3 1/2 star to a 1 star hotel!! I read the previous comements about the bug issues, and I had black ants in the bathroom. They only came to spray it down with RAID, but didn't mop up the floor nor clean the tub of dead ants that I killed. The rooms are out dated, maid service didn't freshen our rooms after two calls to have it done. Terrible odor in the room. It was sooooo bad for me my son, and I checked out early at 331 am Sunday morning driving 5 hours back to Atlanta through the night and fog, but at least we were comfortable riding in the car! Pools nasty, and apparently they have a crime issue around this area. I spotted a man walking in the parking deck cocking a gun which he was later arrested in front of the hotel!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!