“Wouldn't stay here again” 2 of 5 stars

You added Ocean Plaza Motel to your Saves list
Ocean Plaza Motel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1005 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #180 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Wouldn't stay here again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Unfortunately this is the only hotel in MB you can rent being under 21. My boyfriend turns 21 next month and we definitely should have waited to come. Check in was okay, she let us check in an hour early. The room had Popsicles left in the freezer & by the door & bathroom it smelled terrible the whole time! The only silver wear we had in the was butter knifes. The balcony door was very hard to open I couldn't open it myself. This hotel really needs some updating.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Stow, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I had stayed for a week in July (this month) of 2014. Check in is rather late being at 4 pm. It took half an hour just to get checked in due to slow service in the main lobby (only had one person working). At the check in they gave me a piece of paper saying a bunch of items that would be in the room and they wanted me to go to my room and count how many forks, spoons etc... were in the room. they gave me an hour to turn the paper back in... last time I knew I came on vacation to relax, not to check in all the items in my room. There was mold on the ceiling in the bath room.
the light in the bathroom wouldn't turn on, you had to keep turning on and off the light switch to make it come on. wifi worked when ever it wanted to. the view was great. the pool was cleaned every morning. One night there were a bunch of people screaming in the pool way after pool had closed, called security and they came out very quickly to resolve the problem. I had a 100.00$ security deposite so I wasn't able to check out until 8:30 in the morning even though I wanted to get on the road by 7 the day of check out. the main office closes at 9 I belive so there for if you have a problem in the night theres no one to help out except for the hotel next door seeing they are under the same owner ship.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

It took an hour or more check in cause of only one person running the front desk with only one computer. The room had no remote to the t.v. Still had tater chips in the desk. Stains on the comforter and beer bottle tabs in other drawers. Wifi did not work and the ac sounded like a jet taking off overtime it came on.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Burlington, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Checked in today and front desk was kind of rude, it took us 30+ mins to check in and it was only 2 people ahead of us, room was no Hilton but I've seen worst ..motel could use a upgrade but all in all okay experience nothing more.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Lexington, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Just got back from the worst hotel in Myrtle, don't stay here unless you love the smell of urine in the star well. Place is disgusting, filthy, they didn't clean out room until 6pm and we had to ask them 3 times, they turned our heat on and set it on 80 degrees, I guess they wanted revenge for our complaints. This place is not safe could not open the front door or sliding door without my husband helping. A real fire hazard. Pool is more like a pond, trash everywhere rude staff, they don't care about you here. Its not cheap so don't use that excuse to stay here. if you stay here after reading all the bad reviews than you must live under a bridge.

Room Tip: Here is a tip, stay home if you cant spend some time finding something else
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

For the price you get what you pay for, the room was mediocre. Housekeeping barely cleaned and didn't want to work at all! On check out day we understood there was an 11 o clock check out but we needed some extra time because traveling with a 6 month old and 9 year old with all our stuff for 5 days with one elevator and our room being now where near the parking lot can be difficult. Housekeeping had already been by twice by 11 and the front desk called at 11:12 to inform me of the $25 late fee which was fine and we needed to be out by 12 which I also agreed to. By 1130 housekeeping supervisor knocked again as we are packing and we informed them that we spoke to the front desk and they acted like we were refusing to leave..... SIX staff members surround our door yelling at us as my husband was trying to take stuff down to our truck. We had to call police because of the harassing it was awful and scary for my children. The cop came at 12:05 and we were waiting in the parking lot for him( we met the 12 deadline) and we were still being harassed. Worst experience for my child and baby. I am going to be filing a charges and a lawsuit on this hotel!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

We had stayed in this hotel last year and it was alright so we came back this year. Unfortunately it must be under new management because the office cannot handle any issue and you are sent across the road to the other hotel next door. My fiance had been in the pool 30 minutes before his eyes started pouring and burning. Four hours and an ER trip later, he had gotten chemical burn ON HIS EYES. Of course we were sent to the hotel next door and told to file an incident report and the insurance would contact us. Then on our day of check out, no one was in the lobby so we went next door but were told we had to wait until 8:30 to check out due to our security deposit. Leaving at 8:30 when you have to drive 9 hours wasnt what I wanted but unfortunately it was the only option given to us. We will not be returning.

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Ocean Plaza Motel? Share your experiences!