“:-)” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #176 of 215 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Kingsport, Tennessee
“:-)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

this was my second stay at this location and just like the 1st I was more than happy. We stayed for 3 nights Ocean Front Eff. We were on the 5th floor. To start the view is AMAZING from the good sized balconies. The room was clean and seemed as if the mattresses were new. The indoor pool and hot tubs were nice as well. They seem to be doing some overall spiffin' up around the property . The front desk , maintenance , maids were all nice and helpful it seemed.It is not fancy ( but you are not payin for fancy ) It is in my opinion one of the best deals on the beach. My only suggestions for the property is to add bigger tv's and wifi service . I would have rated it 5 for the price if it would have had wifi and larger tv's . Can't hardly wait to get back soon Good Lord Willin'

Room Tip: Rooms on 1st floor Ocean front are straight out to pool deck but lack the Ocean view that floors 2 t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
povmgmt, General Manager at Ocean Plaza Motel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. We appreciate any and all guest feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We would be happy to have you as a guest with us again in the future. If there is anything that you may need, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to assist you with your reservation needs. I will also make sure that I pass along about the TV's for you. Thank you again for all your support. Have a fabulous day!

154 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

No amenities. Period. Coffee maker, but no coffee. No internet. One bar of soap for a double occupancy. Not even it's own office. Office was closed and had to go to the Polynesian next door to check in. Lousy night clerk.
I asked the girl at the desk on our first morning about the coffee, and found out they don't provide it. Asked where I could get some coffee. and she said, "try a grocery store, or maybe Wal Mart." Sure, I'm wanting to go to a grocery store and buy a can of coffee and filters to have a cup of coffee in my hotel room???? When I pressed her for a decent (not glib) answer, she told me there was a Denny's at "across the street at 9th Avenue North." Well, I went out and started walking down the street and got to 9th and realized we were at 10th Ave S and that was going to be a walk, and not just "across the street." So I went back, got the car and went to 9th Ave N and found no Denny's.
Not a pleasant stay. We checked out at 7am instead of going on the beach and went somewhere else.

Room Tip: Every other Hotel around it was booked. There were only six cars in the parking lot...do the math...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Pulaski, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Where do I start!!! Hotel. Com did not tell my husband when booking from them that there will be an extra service fee that will need to be paid when checking in..The office is closed during the week, so you have to go to the hotel beside it and check in...ok...we can do that...no problem there... we get our key return back to our hotel... just looking at it was a big turn off...our room was suppose to be an ocean view.. which i guess if you hung your whole body over the banister you might can see the ocean..we open the door and this room was about the size of the back end of a suv... we turned the ac on and left to go get something to eat...3 hours later...no ac... called hotel.com and complained to them that they was misleading when telling us about the hotel and that it needed to be torn down, and asked them what we could do.. well i had called the other hotel and let them know about the ac and 1 hour later the maintence man shows up and says..."yeap...its not working" and called down to front office and had us moved. we ended up on the top floor and the "ocean view" was a side of the building!! the room was bigger and alot cleaner.. they do not offer any refunds under any circumstance!! so we either had to loose our money and go to another motel, or bite the bullet and stay there. the indoor pool is on the 4th floor on top of the parking garage..and it looked like something you would not let your pig get in...the hot tub was the same way.. both needed a really good srub and a new paint job. the outside pool was pretty nice...and the motel is on the beach. the elevator was slow...and the whole building just needs to be torn down...yes the price was cheap, but there should be a warning sign stating that this place is a dump!!! i always give credit where it is due...but this place isn't worth $1.00...do not go here!!!!! it should read minus 5 stars!!!!!

Room Tip: do not choose a room at this hotel!!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Booked through hot-wire which was first big mistake.Hot wire gave us 2.5 star rating for this place, it wasn't even a 1 star.This place could be used for a prison,check that a prison is nicer.
This place is ready for demolition!.

• Stayed August 2012
Madison Heights
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

need to have free internet service and more towels and wash rags in rooms. Some rooms need better mattress Need to have a work out room. The other thing need a place to eat. The motel was great and the maids was real nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Watkins Glen, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We booked this hotel based on reviews, location and price. My wife said to me how bad can it be we only need a place to sleep. Well the hotel itself is dirty, they actually used a gas powered leaf blower to blow debris from the carpeting outside the rooms and in the hallways, it didn't clean the carpet at all. This hotel is dirty.... the room carpet is old, the dresser had a broken drawer, the cabinet in the kitchen was falling off the wall.... all this and the room wasn't ready when we arrived at 4:15 pm. Other guests were waiting for rooms also. Found out later that the staff cleans the Polynesian Hotel next door first then this Hotel. Rooms aren't cleaned until after 2pm. Holes burned into the carpeting in the room, which was dirty also. This whole place needs a makeover. You get what you pay for and for and extra $20 bucks a night stay in a clean hotel with working vending machines, helpful staff, clean rooms and swimming pools. The Beach was Great!!!! Wearther nice!

Room Tip: Stay next door at the Coral Beach Resort!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I have stayed at Ocean Plaza for many years. This year I stayed for two weeks. Staff were friendly and the housekeeping staff visited my room daily keeping me supplied with towels, etc. The best of all, it was affordable so I had extra money to spend on other things. My room was clean and smelled fresh. Ocean Plaza is an older motel and is not a 5 star motel but that's fine with me. It offered me all that I needed and I will continue to go back again and again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ocean Plaza Motel? Share your experiences!