“OMG!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #179 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Pulaski, Virginia
“OMG!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Where do I start!!! Hotel. Com did not tell my husband when booking from them that there will be an extra service fee that will need to be paid when checking in..The office is closed during the week, so you have to go to the hotel beside it and check in...ok...we can do that...no problem there... we get our key return back to our hotel... just looking at it was a big turn off...our room was suppose to be an ocean view.. which i guess if you hung your whole body over the banister you might can see the ocean..we open the door and this room was about the size of the back end of a suv... we turned the ac on and left to go get something to eat...3 hours later...no ac... called hotel.com and complained to them that they was misleading when telling us about the hotel and that it needed to be torn down, and asked them what we could do.. well i had called the other hotel and let them know about the ac and 1 hour later the maintence man shows up and says..."yeap...its not working" and called down to front office and had us moved. we ended up on the top floor and the "ocean view" was a side of the building!! the room was bigger and alot cleaner.. they do not offer any refunds under any circumstance!! so we either had to loose our money and go to another motel, or bite the bullet and stay there. the indoor pool is on the 4th floor on top of the parking garage..and it looked like something you would not let your pig get in...the hot tub was the same way.. both needed a really good srub and a new paint job. the outside pool was pretty nice...and the motel is on the beach. the elevator was slow...and the whole building just needs to be torn down...yes the price was cheap, but there should be a warning sign stating that this place is a dump!!! i always give credit where it is due...but this place isn't worth $1.00...do not go here!!!!! it should read minus 5 stars!!!!!

Room Tip: do not choose a room at this hotel!!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Booked through hot-wire which was first big mistake.Hot wire gave us 2.5 star rating for this place, it wasn't even a 1 star.This place could be used for a prison,check that a prison is nicer.
This place is ready for demolition!.

• Stayed August 2012
Madison Heights
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

need to have free internet service and more towels and wash rags in rooms. Some rooms need better mattress Need to have a work out room. The other thing need a place to eat. The motel was great and the maids was real nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Watkins Glen, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We booked this hotel based on reviews, location and price. My wife said to me how bad can it be we only need a place to sleep. Well the hotel itself is dirty, they actually used a gas powered leaf blower to blow debris from the carpeting outside the rooms and in the hallways, it didn't clean the carpet at all. This hotel is dirty.... the room carpet is old, the dresser had a broken drawer, the cabinet in the kitchen was falling off the wall.... all this and the room wasn't ready when we arrived at 4:15 pm. Other guests were waiting for rooms also. Found out later that the staff cleans the Polynesian Hotel next door first then this Hotel. Rooms aren't cleaned until after 2pm. Holes burned into the carpeting in the room, which was dirty also. This whole place needs a makeover. You get what you pay for and for and extra $20 bucks a night stay in a clean hotel with working vending machines, helpful staff, clean rooms and swimming pools. The Beach was Great!!!! Wearther nice!

Room Tip: Stay next door at the Coral Beach Resort!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I have stayed at Ocean Plaza for many years. This year I stayed for two weeks. Staff were friendly and the housekeeping staff visited my room daily keeping me supplied with towels, etc. The best of all, it was affordable so I had extra money to spend on other things. My room was clean and smelled fresh. Ocean Plaza is an older motel and is not a 5 star motel but that's fine with me. It offered me all that I needed and I will continue to go back again and again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was the nastiest hotel i ever been too! I would have been better off going to the motel 6!!! The building is run down n nasty. The staff do not work around the clock so if its a issue u have to wait untill staff return to work around 8am. The room was so out of date no wifi, old tv, and the lil refrigerator was nasty. I wouldnt let my dog stay there!!-

• Stayed August 2012
Alpharetta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

If you want a honest review, read on. My son and I stayed there this past week, July31- Aug 4, 2012. We wanted a quick get away on a budget before he went back to school. There are a lot better places to stay in Myrtle beach. I to had read the reviews before I left and decided to chance it. I guess you get what you pay for. Parking wa decent, and they have a deck. Paula at the front desk was nice as was Jasmine. There is a resort fee when you check in and a $20.00 key deposit if you pay in cash, but you get that back upon check out. Hotel is only 4 blocks from family kingdom amusment park. You can walk to that. Hotel is old and needs updating. It is next to the Polanysian resort, which is a dump. Ocean plaza is 7 floors. We were on floor 6. The indooor pool and hot tub is on 4. Only 1 elavator in hotel. Funny, upon going from floor 4 to floor 1 one night I pushed the down button on the elavator and the button went right though the wall. Room seemed somewhat clean. Kind of sandy carpet and floor was not that clean. Small t.v. and fuzzy. Bathroom was tile and granite. It least it was somewhat clean. Towels were not. Had some stains on them. Knobs in shower were loose. Toilet was clean. Kitchen was small, but o.k. for what we needed. Drip pans on stove were old and needed replaced. Fridge and micro were ok. Room was ocean front. Great view of the water but that was about it. Beds were uncomfortable, pillows were old and hard, and oh yes, BED BUGS!!. I slept on a chair the first night. My son had no bugs, but I had an abundance. Housekeeping did change the linens, but only came 2 days we were there. I was afraid to sleep in the bed. Maybe they should not store the comforters and sheets on the ground floor, stacked on a shelf. Bugs can get right in there. Did not use the outdoor pool, but it seemed clean. Indoor pool was clean and kind of warm. The hot tubs are inside, and small. At least they are hot though. I did get 10% back for my stay, but should have got more than that. Trust me, there are a lot better places to stay on a budget! Oh yes, almost forgot, people slamming doors to rooms and sliding glass doors all the time. Lots of noise.

Room Tip: Ocean front is great for the view, but I would not choose a room at all! I would choose a different...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ocean Plaza Motel? Share your experiences!