“I love Ocean Plaza” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #180 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Greensboro, North Carolina
“I love Ocean Plaza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I have stayed at Ocean Plaza for many years. This year I stayed for two weeks. Staff were friendly and the housekeeping staff visited my room daily keeping me supplied with towels, etc. The best of all, it was affordable so I had extra money to spend on other things. My room was clean and smelled fresh. Ocean Plaza is an older motel and is not a 5 star motel but that's fine with me. It offered me all that I needed and I will continue to go back again and again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

168 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was the nastiest hotel i ever been too! I would have been better off going to the motel 6!!! The building is run down n nasty. The staff do not work around the clock so if its a issue u have to wait untill staff return to work around 8am. The room was so out of date no wifi, old tv, and the lil refrigerator was nasty. I wouldnt let my dog stay there!!-

• Stayed August 2012
Alpharetta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

If you want a honest review, read on. My son and I stayed there this past week, July31- Aug 4, 2012. We wanted a quick get away on a budget before he went back to school. There are a lot better places to stay in Myrtle beach. I to had read the reviews before I left and decided to chance it. I guess you get what you pay for. Parking wa decent, and they have a deck. Paula at the front desk was nice as was Jasmine. There is a resort fee when you check in and a $20.00 key deposit if you pay in cash, but you get that back upon check out. Hotel is only 4 blocks from family kingdom amusment park. You can walk to that. Hotel is old and needs updating. It is next to the Polanysian resort, which is a dump. Ocean plaza is 7 floors. We were on floor 6. The indooor pool and hot tub is on 4. Only 1 elavator in hotel. Funny, upon going from floor 4 to floor 1 one night I pushed the down button on the elavator and the button went right though the wall. Room seemed somewhat clean. Kind of sandy carpet and floor was not that clean. Small t.v. and fuzzy. Bathroom was tile and granite. It least it was somewhat clean. Towels were not. Had some stains on them. Knobs in shower were loose. Toilet was clean. Kitchen was small, but o.k. for what we needed. Drip pans on stove were old and needed replaced. Fridge and micro were ok. Room was ocean front. Great view of the water but that was about it. Beds were uncomfortable, pillows were old and hard, and oh yes, BED BUGS!!. I slept on a chair the first night. My son had no bugs, but I had an abundance. Housekeeping did change the linens, but only came 2 days we were there. I was afraid to sleep in the bed. Maybe they should not store the comforters and sheets on the ground floor, stacked on a shelf. Bugs can get right in there. Did not use the outdoor pool, but it seemed clean. Indoor pool was clean and kind of warm. The hot tubs are inside, and small. At least they are hot though. I did get 10% back for my stay, but should have got more than that. Trust me, there are a lot better places to stay on a budget! Oh yes, almost forgot, people slamming doors to rooms and sliding glass doors all the time. Lots of noise.

Room Tip: Ocean front is great for the view, but I would not choose a room at all! I would choose a different...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
other
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

The front desk person was polite when we checked in. That's the best I can say about this place. It is old, worn, falling apart, and smelled HORRIBLE. There was a huge crack in the floor by the toilet it looked like somebody had dropped a hammer and put a hole in it, what i thought was blood stains, were actually something which would not come off and was splattered across the floor. The freezer was SO FULL of frost that the fridge wouldn't close and it was dripping on the floor and NOBODY had noticed it?? House keeping "made up" our beds,(my son did better as a 2 year old making up his bed) The pillows weren't even put in their spot under the spread. She took our towels and washcloths, and did not replace them. We called the front office and 2 hours later STILL had not received them so went there to get the sandpapery towels. Tub leaked all night. People smoking in the elevators?!?!?!?! Overall it was so filthy I made my son wear his flip flops, even in the shower. find someplace else to stay!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Alexandria Bay, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Just have to say it I love it wouldn't go any where else the staff they take real good care of u front desk great mangers great house keeping great hey it's my hotel every year for vacation when at Myrtle beach it's like maid service while your on vacation but to say it all everything is great at this hotel Turners Transportation would like to Thank You at ocean plaza see u all 2013

Room Tip: Stay at ocean plaza thats the best tip
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

first off everything was dirty ! blankets was black and not been cleaned ! The furunture was sticky and nasty ! Pool was nasty ! carpert was stained and black. "house keeping" was ghetto and rude. Thank out we brought our blankets sheets pillows washcloths and towels. My advice to you all NEVER step foot in Ocean Plaza

Room Tip: Look Up ratings
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ashland, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We went to Myrtle Beach on a last minute decision surprisinigly we got in at Ocean Plaza it was an older hotel and needs some upgrades. But the staff made up for it. Upon arriving at Myrtle Beach after a 6 hour drive our confirmation date was wrong we were there in July but they had August. Samantha the front desk clerk worked her magic and got us our ocean view room for 7 day.Yay! They were very attentive to our needs our whole stay. Devan (front desk) was also awesome! Thanks for a Great stay.

Room Tip: Ocean Front
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ocean Plaza Motel? Share your experiences!