“Bad Service!!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #181 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Hays,
“Bad Service!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

This was our first stay and and probably our last. We had no maid service all week, we had to go get our own towels and they never came in to change to beds. I made reservations online with one card and then we closed that account so I had a different card and they would NOT honor my new credit card because it wasn't the one I used the first time, even though I had my driver licenses and ID, so they took the whole week amount out (including deposit already paid for). The whole same credit card was not mentioned in any email I received. Staff was NOT friendly at all. We will not be staying here again no matter how good a price we get. SERVICE SUCKS!!!!!

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms have a good view of the pool area

172 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
A thousand miles from nowhere
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed at the Ocean Plaza one year because our usual motel was booked!! Despite allnthe nasty reviews we read about we continued to make the reservations to stay our full 10 days here...BIG MISTAKE! This hotel was disgusting and the service sucked! The day we arrived it was raining and the aprking garage was flooded and we had to wade through a foot of filthy water that had cigarette butts and condoms floating through it... We continued to check in and arrived at our rooms to find that the conditions we not any better.. the shower curtain was tore...the towels we stained...the sheets were also stained.. and the carpeting looked like it had not been vacuumed or scrubs for years!! We ended up buying out own supplies to clean our rooms because room service was so poor that we only seen them 2 times out of the whole 10 days of our stay.. There was a trail of vomit in the hallways the reeked of dead fish that just laid there for days and still wasn't gone when we left... This place was a nightmare.. the only good thing about it was the cheap price.. but save yourself the terrible experience and spend a little more money for a cleaner place...OCEAN PLAZA IS DISGUSTING!!!!

Wilson, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Service was poor. Sheets, bed, pillow had body hair on them. Asked for clean ones and they left sheets at door for me to make my own bed. Bugs in curtains.fridge leaked puddles on floor. Phone didn't work. Asked for towels all day and got none. Called back at night and asked for more and front desk clerk hung up on me and yelled at me. Had to walk to Polynesian ...hotel next door at 11pm to get more towels and she had door locked so i had to go twice. No toilet paper. She told me I was checking out next day and didn't need towels to take a bath with. Had to use dirty clothes to dry off with after showering. Told me I couldn't get refund since I stayed the night. Stairs smelled like urine, balcony smelled of marijuana, front desk clerk would not let me talk to manager about issues. Stay away!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

We had a great stay here. Our room was clean and had an excellent view. The staff was friendly. With the price you pay what more could we ask for? The tub doesn't drain fast but with all the sand in the drain pipes I don't see how any of the motels near the ocean could. I read the reviews and was scared to stay here! I about canceled our stay here. Glad I didn't. We will be returning next year.

• Stayed July 2012
Vass
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

This place is TERRIBLE!!! to say the least. The Rooms are dirty as can be, rude workers, nasty pools! Plus if that is not bad enough they held $$$500 DOLLARS!!!! of our money on credit card for no reason for 5 days after booking online and done it AGAIN! when we paid the rest when we got there.(that was of course before we saw rooms) So we had 500 dollars we could not spend at the BEACH!!! And also they know the hotel is a dirty slob hole because they will not give refund for any reason. They should be shut down in my opinon!

Room Tip: None they are all bad! Oh by the way you have to use stairs to go to seventh floor...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Norton VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Worst place in Myrtle beach....should be shoved into the ocean with a bulldozer!! The desk clerk is totally something you might see in a circus, unprofessional, told us during check in "I
I am so over this job" that was the first clue that we should have left that filthy infested place!! Everything was so outdated, old and just plain not clean!! The room was the absolute worst I have ever seen ANd I have stayed in a lot of places during my lifetime! Nothing was in working condition and it was so nasty I didn't take my shoes off in the room..I was afraid of what I might catch!! Just to help you out with your decision on whether of to select this hotel!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Concord, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

the hotel is small but the room are clean and the veiw is great. the beds was comfortable.. the small kitchen came in handy for snacks and lunches...we ate out most of the time..for I was on vacation.. I enjoyed the jauzzi and the indoor pool in the late evening nice place to stay ..would stay again..the price was right...

Room Tip: oceanfront has the best views and the rooms are nice for the price they are very clean and staff is...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Ocean Plaza Motel? Share your experiences!