“Great on a budget” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1005 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #176 of 215 hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Great on a budget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

We had a great stay here. Our room was clean and had an excellent view. The staff was friendly. With the price you pay what more could we ask for? The tub doesn't drain fast but with all the sand in the drain pipes I don't see how any of the motels near the ocean could. I read the reviews and was scared to stay here! I about canceled our stay here. Glad I didn't. We will be returning next year.

• Stayed July 2012

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Vass
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

This place is TERRIBLE!!! to say the least. The Rooms are dirty as can be, rude workers, nasty pools! Plus if that is not bad enough they held $$$500 DOLLARS!!!! of our money on credit card for no reason for 5 days after booking online and done it AGAIN! when we paid the rest when we got there.(that was of course before we saw rooms) So we had 500 dollars we could not spend at the BEACH!!! And also they know the hotel is a dirty slob hole because they will not give refund for any reason. They should be shut down in my opinon!

Room Tip: None they are all bad! Oh by the way you have to use stairs to go to seventh floor...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Norton VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Worst place in Myrtle beach....should be shoved into the ocean with a bulldozer!! The desk clerk is totally something you might see in a circus, unprofessional, told us during check in "I
I am so over this job" that was the first clue that we should have left that filthy infested place!! Everything was so outdated, old and just plain not clean!! The room was the absolute worst I have ever seen ANd I have stayed in a lot of places during my lifetime! Nothing was in working condition and it was so nasty I didn't take my shoes off in the room..I was afraid of what I might catch!! Just to help you out with your decision on whether of to select this hotel!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Concord, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

the hotel is small but the room are clean and the veiw is great. the beds was comfortable.. the small kitchen came in handy for snacks and lunches...we ate out most of the time..for I was on vacation.. I enjoyed the jauzzi and the indoor pool in the late evening nice place to stay ..would stay again..the price was right...

Room Tip: oceanfront has the best views and the rooms are nice for the price they are very clean and staff is...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

I was really wary after all the bad reviews but I had already made my reservation for a side view room. So I checked in. When I got to my room i was totally surprised it was clean everything worked nothing was broken but on the downside it was kind of small and had no private balcony. So I went back to the front desk to check the availability of an oceanfront room. The lady gladly helped me switch rooms for a small extra fee for the upgrade. She was very helpful and very friendly. The new room was double the size and for the price I paid it was just as good as it could be. You can't expect a 5 star hotel when you pay such a low price. All in all I had a wonderful vacation and on the same budget I would go back.

• Stayed May 2012
Archdale, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed here last summer and was so dissapointed.We were afraid to sit down our luggage.We checked out the next morning--- Early!
The pictures do look like this Hotel! Dirty,run-down and Terrible.

Room Tip: Good Reviews !
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Burton, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Theres so much wrong I will number them:
1) As soon as I checked in the lady told me someone called and cancelled my reservation. Took 25-30 minutes to fix over the phone w/ a manager. Then she charged me a $25 or so "resort fee". I asked if they could please waive this for the inconvenience of them losing the reservation and making my mother and I stand around for half an hour. They refused.
2) The light in the room didn't work.
3) There was at least an inch or more gap in the door. My mother and I stuffed a comforter under the door to deter bugs from entering as the door leads directly to the outside.
3) While you take a warm shower, you will be surprised by spurts of very cold and very hot water. The towels are also dingy and even torn!
4) Good thing we got two sets of keys because one didn't even work! It could have worked on another room for all we knew!
5) The soda machine, pool and hot tub were ALL out of order
6) The room was dirty! There was soda pop (i hope thats what it was) squirted and dried onto the white walls in the bathroom and vanity area. The floors were dirty and even had dirt behind the doors!
7) The employees have NO idea what they are doing! A manager has to be called for EVERYTHING! And if they cannot get ahold of her, you are screwed. The desk is also unattended at night. They have no knowledge of the area! They couldn't even tell My mother and I (from Michigan) what the closest restaurants in walking distance was! They also looked very unprofessional. One putting make up on as we walked in and one with a boyfriend hanging out on the couch in the lobby when we came in one night.
8) I asked to have an extra hour for check out. The girl left them a note and I stood there and watched her write it. Housekeeping knocked on my door at 11:04 am (check out was 11:00). The front desk called and said no note was ever left for them!
9) a couple in front of me was checking out a night early because the hotel changed their lock and put cardboard up on the lock w/ out notice! of course there is a huge "NO REFUNDS" sign and a "our building IS up to code" sign in the lobby. That should have been our sign to not stay, but being straight of the plane from Michigan and booking on priceline we could only go by reviews online. We would have felt more comfortable in a tent on the beach than here! Please at least ask to see an available room before you book here!

Room Tip: Ask to see an available room before booking! Go night to night here! If you pay for a few nights in...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ocean Plaza Motel? Share your experiences!