“Decent” 3 of 5 stars
Review of 3 Palms Oceanfront Myrtle Beach

Save Saved
You added 3 Palms Oceanfront Myrtle Beach to your Saves list
3 Palms Oceanfront Myrtle Beach
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   703 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (Formerly Atlantic Palms Resort)   |
Ranked #102 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Decent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

The parking was horrible. They have a very tight spot in front of the hotel to check in. If you get blocked in, then you are just stuck until that person moves their vehicle. They had about 12 parking spaces under the hotel but most of those were handicapped parking, which was understandable. All other parking was across the street behind or beside another hotel. The day we got there, they were working on 1 of 2 elevators. The elevators are small, so we had to wait. The carpet in the room was dirty. 1 of the 3 rooms had a bad odor to it. We had to spray & light candles to get rid of the smell. The front desk was very nice and pleasant. But, the ladies that cleaned the rooms were not to the ladies in my group and myself, but quite pleasant to our husbands. If we needed anything, we sent our husbands to ask them for it. Overall, nice stay but not sure if I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Nicole M, Director of Sales at 3 Palms Oceanfront Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
We appreciate your review of the property. Our parking is customary with most oceanfront properties in Myrtle Beach. There is parking below the lobby with overflow parking on the second row. This is very common in the area. Thank you for the feedback with the housekeeping staff on your floor. We will address these issues with our Head of Housekeeping. We would hope that you give our property another chance when you are returning to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
London, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Location and service were great. Very limited parking below the hotel. The room I stayed in had a very strong musky smell for the duration of my visit. Pool and lazy river area were clean. Overall rating is average at best.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the 3 Palms. We will be sure to address your issue with an odor in your room. We strive to offer clean and comfortable accommodations for all of our guests.
Goldsboro, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

The pictures to this hotel are very misleading especially the bathroom pictures the gym equipment didn't work the room was small just not with what they charging. This would've been or first and last stay at this hotel honesty is the policy so they should've been honest instead of taking misleading pictures

• Stayed March 2014
On our website all pictures for room types match the corresponding room. if you choose to stay in the most economical room type, you will not find suite style accommodations as you would in our 1, 2 and 3 bedroom suites. We would suggest upgrading your room type on your next stay.
Easton, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

When my party and I arrived at 3 Palms, it was less appealing than the pictures on line. The carpet in the room was dirty and soiled our feet. The lazy pool appeared unclean and uninviting. The tub was stopped up, the phone didn't work and neither did the cable or the Wi-Fi. The elevators were being repaired (one the second day and the other the third day) which made the wait in those impossibly hot hallways unbearable. The keycards deactivated after each use. To top it off, the Manager KEVIN was extremely rude and refused to refund or compensate us in any way!

Room Tip: Non ocean front rooms have awful views
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Eatonton, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Traveling with family whom already booked a 2 Bedroom Suite here. The staff placed us very near them which was outstanding. Rooms were fairly clean. Cleaning staff carts had hallways difficult to pass in the mornings, Parking was and continues to be a nightmare for my family (had to park across the street and a block over...by morning my vehicle completely overrun with ANTS), ride home had my family bitten over and over and our luggage exposed and infested by arrival home & 4 days later...I am still fighting ants in my vehicle. Elevator had issues of not taking you to the floor you selected. My room AC not cooling as effectively as the other room. I did not ask for ac service as afraid it may stop working altogether so in all fairness they were not aware of AC. Beach, pool and lazy river access through garage/basement. Steps to lazy river very slippery resulting in at least 2 ladies falling on entry (one being my wife). In all fairness to 3 Palms, I did not bring any of this to their attention during my stay. I am still trying to exterminate the ants so I do not know the total expense there yet. 3 Palms has all the possibilities to be a great place.... Spray/treat the parking areas, fix the elevator, service/clean the lazy river steps, train staff in etiquette in their areas of service would be a great start from my experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Rooms were small i expected them to be bigger. The stove looked bigger in the pictures. Parkings were horrible we couldn't move our truck at all because if we did we wouldn't have a parking available when we would come back. My hotel was given to me an hour late. I think the room should be given to you all the same time the customers receive the room.

• Stayed July 2014
Nicole M, Director of Sales at 3 Palms Oceanfront Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank for your review of 3 Palms Oceanfront. We offer accommodations of all sizes and when you booked your room, the square footage is clearly noted. We would hope that you would consider one of our suites for your next stay. Also, check in time does not vary by customer. It is standard set check in.
Winston-salem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

My stay at the three palms was very nice it was my first time at this hotel and I will stay here next year for my vacation the only thing I didnt like was all the noise coming from hotel blue next door other than that my children had a good time the pool area was peaceful the staff was very nice I got to check in my room early thanks to all the staff at the three palms.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your kind review of the 3 Palms. We are so glad that you and your family enjoyed your vacation with us. Please be sure to contact us when it's time to book your next vacation.

Been to 3 Palms Oceanfront Myrtle Beach? Share your experiences!