“Pretty Good For Price!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of 3 Palms Oceanfront Myrtle Beach

You added 3 Palms Oceanfront Myrtle Beach to your Saves list
3 Palms Oceanfront Myrtle Beach
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   703 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (Formerly Atlantic Palms Resort)   |
Ranked #103 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
“Pretty Good For Price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I'll admit after reading some of the reviews I was nervous but I have to admit I enjoyed my stay. The staff was polite and kind and very prompt with every request we had (which included extra towels and sheets). My group enjoyed the pools with the hotel and beach access. The hotel is also placed right in the middle of everything so it was easy to get around to the many sights Myrtle Beach has to offer. The only cons I would say is that there was a bit of a smell to the room, but if you ask the housekeepers to spray they will do it. Also the front desk/concierge was very helpful in helping my group find nightlife activities we enjoyed. The room service was also pretty delicious! We ordered from them twice and really enjoyed the subs and chicken sandwiches! Again, We had no issues with the room, and it was pretty nice and roomy for my group of 4.
I would stay again, if I ever venture to Myrtle Beach again!

Room Tip: Splurge and get the ocean front rooms! The side rooms, give you a view of an abandoned/ unfinished c...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Staying in room 700 right now. In the 2nd bedroom you can hear the elevator system banging and clanging all day and all night. I barely slept at all. The bath tub faucet does not work, and there were no linens for the pull out beds. I called the front desk twice about the noise, and have gotten no response at all. Im convinced that the check in clerk knew she was giving us the worst room in the place. They will not get my money again.

• Stayed August 2013
Clarkston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The hotel was very good. The location on the strip was great. The 4 pools and beach access area was great! The rooms were very clean and nice. Worth every bit of the price. The problem was the parking sitaution...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicole M, Director of Sales at 3 Palms Oceanfront Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thanks for your great review of 3 Palms. We hope you can for back and stay with us again soon.
Boiling Springs
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I recently went here as a pre-back to school vacation. It was ok. The towels smelt like cigarette smoke and the maids were not very nice or accommodating. Our shower drain was horribly blocked and made us stand in half a foot of dirty water while we bathed. We were also told we would have an "ocean view" which ended up being if you stuck your head as far out of the 2 foot square balcony as you could and looked to the right.The parking under the building was horrible to get in and out of as well as only accommodated around 10 cars and smelt strongly of sewage. There were several other hotels in the area for the same price we payed that looked much better kept.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
We apologize for the issues you stated in our review. As with the majority of beachfront properties, ocean view does not mean ocean front and most people are aware of that. We could have offered an upgrade if you made someone aware of your dislike of the room.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I travel constantly and work in the travel industry. I admit I booked 3 Palms because of price. It was just a stop over on my way to somewhere else. I arrived grouchy & exhausted after a 7 hour drive. Daimon at the front desk saw I needed extra care & delivered it like a pro. Kindness isn't considered a professional attribute but it was exactly what I needed. Bravo to him!
The room was phenomenonal. I really wanted to stay longer. Immaculate room, tons of amenities, & stellar staff. I am a 3 Palms enthusiast! Can't wait to be back.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your great review of 3 Palms. It is appreciated, especially coming from an avid traveler. Please be ure to come sta with us again soon.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

July 28th-Aug 2nd The hotel was in poor condition from the lobby to the pool area. Our 1st room smelled so bad and the mattresses had stains and mold all over them. We were moved to another 2 bedroom suite and it was clean but the service to get daily towels and bathroom supplies were a daily issue. There was a 1 inch plus gap all along the door so water and bugs could come into the room. The front desk is so used to the poor conditions that they dont care how bad the situation is for the guests. To top it all off the parking lot across the street where you have to park is infested with little red and black ants and they got into our 2 new cars. The 10 hr ride home took over 12 hrs due to having to stop several times to spay the car inside and out. I was then up till 2am doing laundry because i couldn't bring the bags and clothing into the house due to all the ants! TERRIBLE FROM START TO FINISH!!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay in any room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
The hotel cannot be held responsible for ants in your vehicles. This has nothing to do ith our property and is irrelevant to reviewing the property.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The location of the hotel was perfect. That was about it. The air conditioner blew out stale air. there was a funk in the room that was terrible. After calling for service, they came up with non working spray bottles 3 times and squirted some non-effective spray in a few places. The smell was terrible! If we didn't pre-pay, we would have left. The lights in the bathroom flickered and wouldn't always come on. After calling for service, they never came. The maid service or lack there of was really bad! They only wanted to give us towels and not truly service the room. After complaining to the front desk, we asked for a late check out and they said they couldn't. It's one thing to have crapy rooms but another to have bad service. Choose a different location!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
We apologize for the issues you addressed in your review. We will work on correcting these and hope you would return and give us a second chance.

Been to 3 Palms Oceanfront Myrtle Beach? Share your experiences!