“Great, Clean, Modern at an Excellent price!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of 3 Palms Oceanfront Myrtle Beach

You added 3 Palms Oceanfront Myrtle Beach to your Saves list
3 Palms Oceanfront Myrtle Beach
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   703 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 (Formerly Atlantic Palms Resort)   |
Ranked #103 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Wilkesboro, North Carolina
“Great, Clean, Modern at an Excellent price!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I just returned home from staying at 3 Palms on Saturday. I was very impressed! The beds were soo comfortable!! The room was very nice and clean. We had a side-double. I didn't expect to have a view of the ocean but to my suprise we actually did have a side view of the ocean. The kitchen was prefect. Someone in another review commented that the cook wear was unuseable, however ours was fine. There was also something said about trash being in the hall or elevator (idk) I never saw any trash anywhere. The pool are was nice and clean, and the front desk will provide you with towels to take to the pool upon request. The pools are a little small but, with a 6 year old it was perfect because I could keep my eyes on him very easily. The parking is across the street however, if you check you might possibly find a space under the hotel. It is limited but, I stayed 3 nights and only had to park across the street one time for a few hours. All the staff that I we encountered was very nice, professional, and helpful. I am a pretty picky person when it comes to hotel's and I only have one minor complaint. When we first arrived, the hall to our room smelled a little wet, musty. But, I know this is from people coming in wet walking up and down the hall, and the actually seemed to get better. There was a housekeeper spraying the carpet one evening as we came in. All in all this was a great place to stay at a great price! And we will be returning to the 3 Palms in the future!

Thanks 3 Palms for a great vacation experience!!

Room Tip: Room 616 side double, great ocean view!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Knightdale
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Me and my family stayed at this hotel June 15th-17th. Kitchen and Hallway floors were sticky. Master Bedroom bathroom smelled like urine. They allowed people to smoke around the pool and the next morning there were cigarette buds in the lazy river. The stove top did not work properly and the cookware was thin, cheap, burned and unusable to cook a proper meal. Full of teenagers that were loud and partied all night, when I complained we were informed there was no security. The staff seemed clueless, this next statement does not apply to all the staff and I wish I had names, however a few of the staff members were rude and totally useless.
During our stay room was not thoroughly cleaned or toiletries replaced. Hotel has no security and the wi-fi never worked. I used the hotel next door wi-fi. Elevators were full of trash the morning we checked out. My 2nd time staying at this hotel and will definitely be my last. Also this hotel should remove resort from it's title / name, it is far from a resort.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Waterloo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

It was a short, 4 night trip to Myrtle Beach. The 3 Palms Oceanfront resort offered clean and a very comfortable accommodation, located in the heart of Myrtle Beach. We stayed in a 2 bedroom executive suite - unit 822.
The unit was freshly renovated and spotless. The beds were extra comfortable. There was a fully equipped kitchen, including a dishwasher. There were 2 older TV's and 1 flat one.
The unit was quiet and the view of the beach was breathtaking. The bars on the terrace ware situated a little too high to my liking, as it obstructed the view a bit, but being a family condo, I'm sure that they were so high, due to kids safety reasons. It would be nice if they could have been adjustable, to people's needs. The water temperature in the pool was good and the lazy river was fun. They are still working on creating an ocean front lounge downstairs. I'm sure it will look great, when completed. The beach chairs had seen better days, but this is such a small detail and could be replace easily. I would like to see more sun shelters, as there were none of them, beside the beach chairs. The service was friendly, except maybe the night clerk, who was checking us in at 3:30 AM (Spirit air canceled our flight last minute, so we drove from Detroit!) and was on the phone (with a customer) for an extended time. It would be nice to get acknowledged when we waited for him to finish his phone conversation.
Parking spots are located across the street, but all is perfectly safe and we never had any problem walking, at any time of the day or night.
The little Ferris wheel is about 5 minutes walk away, the big Ferris wheel and the very center of Myrtle Beach is about 20 minutes walk and the fishing pier is about 5 minute walk.
Overall, it was a nice short trip. I would really recommend to visit the Brookgreen Gardens and some less populated beaches, like Litchfield Beach and Pawleys Island.
The beaches there are more natural and the sand is softer. Both of them are within 30-40 minutes drive from the hotel.

Room Tip: Call the hotel on the day, before your arrival and ask for a good room location. Try to get an unit...
Greenville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We originally had a sideview room, which for the price was great! The balcony did overlook a parking garage which was a bummer and didn't have any deck furniture (not enough room) but it was still nice and you could still see the ocean. After the first night we decided to upgrade to a ocean-front room and couldn't be happier! We had a Standard King with a king-size bed, mini-sleeper sofa, full kitchen and flat screen tv with cable. The ocean-front room had two separate closets while the side-view only had one but had a full length mirror for the door instead. The room is a standard size hotel room and my wife and I found it plenty big for the two of us.

There was some construction going on at the back of the first floor which we were told is going to be a restaurant in the near future. There was a small bar located in the lobby with average priced drinks (for Myrtle Beach). It was open all day (9am-Midnight- except closed on Sunday). There is a small pool area cabana bar but I don't think it keeps regular hours as it was closed most of the day but would open randomly in the afternoons.

The pool area is not the biggest in the world but has one hot-tub, two small pools and a small lazy river. There were plenty of chairs for laying out and there is a separate grassy area from the pools that we found comfortable for laying out.

A note for unloading, drive down underneath the hotel to unload. We didn't realize it until after, but there are spaces for unloading/loading located under the hotel via the ramp. This is a much better place to unload than in front of the hotel.

Parking is located sort of across the street and there are three parking lots with ample space for parking (and are mostly lit and well-shaded by trees during the day). It is a quick walk from the lots to the hotel. The lots are located on 8th Ave. S and you can go one street over easily to 9th ave S to get to a light and get on S Kings HWY (9th Ave is also a quicker way to get to everything if you follow directions or a GPS). Took us no more than 5-10 minutes to get to wherever we needed to go (Walmart, the mall, Broadway at the Beach, etc)

The room was very clean and housekeeping comes every day and cleans the room (changes the sheets every 3). Both of our rooms were very close to the Virtual Tour images you can see on the website. The beds are VERY COMFORTABLE!! Just know that the sleeper sofa (as I believe it is listed on their website, if for ONE person.)

The staff was friendly and we had no problems. They do have coffee and pool towels available at the front desk (you have to go down and check out the towels and return them when you're done. They'll give you new ones to replace wet ones, just bring them wet back!)

We both used the Exercise Room multiple times throughout the week and it has what the website shows: two treadmills, one elliptical and one bike. No weights. They do have a water cooler, cups and towels inside the room. It got the job done for us!

Basically, if you're looking for a high-end, high amenities with a huge pool area and massive rooms, pay a lot more and go to another resort. If you are looking for a clean, comfortable place to stay that will more than make your Myrtle Beach stay great, look no further. We'll definitely be staying here again in the future. It's great price wise and you definitely get more than you are paying for!

Oh, and Wi-Fi is included as well, I'm using it to type this review! :)

Room Tip: If you can spring for it, go for ocean-front. If price is an issue, the side rooms are fine just don...
Gaffney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I visited Myrtle Beach last weekend and have always stayed at another hotel. This time I decided to try 3 Palms. This was a move I should have made a long time ago. The room was so nice and clean. The staff was amazing. We never wanted for anything. From now on when I go to Myrtle Beach this is the hotel that I will be staying at.

Midland, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

room ws small but very nice, staff were nice we had a great time, will be taying there agan in the future.

Room Tip: parking is across the street if yu find a spot try and leave your car there and walk every where
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

We settled on this room cause we booked last minute. So from website hotel looked good and was less then others we wanted so we figured were save seeing we liked it. Bad choice, the suite we had the couch is barely big enough for two ppl and were both under 150 lbs bed was very nice on the up side . You tell someone done been hitting the fridge. Balcony door so hard to open. Bar stools both was broke. Parking two blocks over so be ready to walk. Two elevators slow and always waiting for them to show up. Were probably been just as happy in the ran down dump beside us for 45 a night there pools looked nicer and it was beach front and same value

• Stayed June 2012

Been to 3 Palms Oceanfront Myrtle Beach? Share your experiences!