“get the fruit salad” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Glendale, California
“get the fruit salad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

They make their own dipping sauce for the fresh fruit which is made there and fresh. Pancakes and service was good

Visited April 2013

Myrtle Beach, sc
“Not what I expected!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Nibils has such a great reputation so we decided to visit. We live close by so we were long over due to have lunch. They don't do dinner so breakfast and lunch is it. I love she crab soup but found theirs to be a strange blend of spices, not what I expected as compared to other local restaurants. My wife had a burger which was ok nothing special had the flavor of a frozen patty. The restaurant is now located in an old Pizza Hut and has about as much ambiance as an old Pizza Hut, just nothing special. I love locally run restaurants with their own flavor, it just doesn't have anything different from anyone else.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Spanish Fort
“Don't judge a book by it's cover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

When I first walked in to this place I started to walk out. Boy am I glad I didn't make that mistake! I had the crab cakes benedict. Let me start by saying the only thing in those crab cakes was REAL crab meat and flavor! Everything I seen on the tables around me looked just as ample and tasty.

Visited March 2013
Ontario
“Cute Cottage Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We dined here at lunch with friends. The chef prepared one of the breakfast specials for us even though it was after the 11:30 cut-off time for breakfast. The food is basic, casual but prepared on site and good. Great value and a refreshing change from chain restaurants. Pleasant, friendly waitress.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Concord, NH
“A constant favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

On my first trip to Myrtle Beach, a week in February, for my first breakfast I went to Nibil's when it was on the pier in Surfside, based on reviews I read here on Tripadvisor. Fellow travelers, you did not steer me wrong.

That morning I couldn't resist the seafood omelet, which had a little bit of everything in a light cream sauce. It was so dang good, I've made that my traditional first breakfast on subsequent visits to MB. I think I only missed one year, when they were having problems with the city (I think it was because their rent got raised a lot?) and had to shut down for a while. I was glad to see they'd relocated, though of course they no longer have that lovely seaside view.

Fortunately, they've retained their fine home cooking (the home fries are to DIE for, real asymmetrically cut potatoes that don't appear to have been frozen), and on each visit the delightful host, who greets you at the door and then takes your check at the cash register, has given me a card to get 10% off the next visit. There's no doubt that I'll use it.

• Visited February 2013