“Good for a quick trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Waikiki Village

We can't find prices for this hotel
Waikiki Village
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Monroe, North Carolina
“Good for a quick trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Arrived before checkin time but the room was ready so we were able to get in it early. Checkin was easy. Was given some coupon books. Room is ok. The room and the bathroom were clean. Does have a fridge, microwave, coffee pot, iron board and iron. Overall it is a good value for the money paid.

• Stayed May 2013
localmyrtlebeach, Owner at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I am happy to hear that you found our property to be clean and affordable. We look forward to seeing you here in the future.

Nancy Hall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We have been staying at the Waikiki Village for several years. The accommodations are immaculate. This is an excellent get away spot for a family or couple. The advantage of a smaller motel is immeasurable. The staff treats guests like family and knows the names of their guests. The cost can't be beat! Nancy is making improvements on a yearly basis, I'm sure as finances are available. We have recommended the motel to friends and meet another couple every year. We have made many friends that we correspond with. We have already booked for next year!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
localmyrtlebeach, Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and for your many kind words. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to Waikiki. Vacations are all about making memories and relaxing. I am so happy to hear that you enjoy staying with us.
Many Thanks !!!
Dixfield, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is the second year my wife and I have stayed @ Waikiki Village and the second time I have reviewed it.
Things have not changed. This is a wonderful place for a couple just wanting to relax and feel at home.
This is a 1960's style motel so don't expect everything the larger "resorts" offer but Nancy, her staff and the long term guests are far superior to any resort.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
localmyrtlebeach, Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you so much for writing this review.Our goal is to ensure that every guest has a relaxing and enjoyable stay. I am so happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay at Waikiki. We very much appreciate our repeat guest. Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Rock Hill, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I began staying at Waikiki Village in the early '80's and continue until today. The friendliness of the owner and staff, as well as the personalized service, keep me returning 20 or more times each year. They know their guests by name. Recently stayed at Waikiki a couple of days prior to a job conference at the Mariott. Simply put, I would much rather have paid to stay at Waikiki than spent the weekend at the Mariott for free; honestly. Can't wait for the summer!

Room Tip: I've never occupied a room that I wasn't completely satisfied with!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
localmyrtlebeach, Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are looking forward to having you stay with us again and we do appreciate your loyalty and patronage. I am also happy that you find our staff to be very helpful and friendly. i will pass your kind words to the staff. Many Thanks !!!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Went her knowing it wasn't fancy and was cheap. If you're looking for a cheap clean basic place, this is it. No frills. It's an OOOOLLLLLDDDDD place that has not been updated for quite a while. Went on the cheap this time, but next time will probably spend a little more for a more modern atmosphere. An easy walk to the beach was a plus. While we personally had no problems, we agreed with Sue S. on several points. There does appear to be a drug infested place across the street. The color scheme was 'ucky' - but it WAS clean! You could see daylight along side the door and the jam. After checking in the older gentleman stopped us as we were walking away and asked if we had his copy of the receipt because he could not find it. We searched ourselves and belongings and did not have it, yet we felt accused. We suggested several times that maybe it fell on the floor behind the desk, but it took another employee to follow our suggestion and VIOLA - it was there. Didn't offer an apology to us for the accusation. It was a pain lugging large luggage up the steps to the 2nd floor - no elevators. The room attendants were very friendly and excellent! Sad to say, but the ownership needs updated along with the rooms. All in all - great for the $$$.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
localmyrtlebeach, Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you so much for writing this review. I am happy to hear that you found our property to be economical, clean and the housekeepers helpful and friendly. As our web site shows, we are a dated property built in the 1963.We take pride in offering a clean and safe environment for our guests. We do have WIFI and we are gradually replacing our TVs.
I am very sorry that you felt accused about the missing credit card receipt. I was the employee that found the receipt and I thought that we did apologize.
I do hope that we will be seeing you here again. Many thanks for selecting us.

Ballston Lake, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

For over 25 years we have returned to Waikiki Village Motel...because it is our home away from home near the ocean with clean rooms and great prices. We originally started staying there because that is where our parents decided to spend their winters once they became "snow birds". We are hoping that we will be able to do the same for the next 20 years!!!
Yes, there are more modern hotels in Myrtle Beach but they are not for us. This place is just what we want...it is clean, safe and very friendly. We have looked at many other hotels in the area BUT NONE have the atmosphere of Waikiki. We love the fact that there is a patio with gas grills and tables, a shuffle board and putting green,a hot tub, an outdoor pool and a laundry room. The office is a warm and friendly place where guests gather to visit, watch TV, work on puzzles, use the computer, read the newspaper or have a cup of coffee.
We have made many friends (owners, staff and other guests) and look forward to returning each year to catch up with what they have done since our last visit. We have a Myrtle Beach photo album that consists of many sunrises BUT many more of the people who have been lucky enough to have found out what a GREAT place Waikiki Village Motel is to spend time.
Here's hoping that the Hall family will be in business for many more years...and continue to offer us a VERY special place to stay. We LOVE you and are counting days until we return for our 2014 visit !!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
localmyrtlebeach, Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thanks for writing this review and coming back to stay with us again.We certainly appreciate your loyalty over the years. We strive to ensure that all guests have a positive experience so I am very happy to hear that you find our small motel to be very warm and friendly. It is families like yours that makes this business such a pleasure. MANY THANKS !
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

OK I LOVE this place, Im actually writing my review while Im still here and everything is fresh in my mind because I am so STOKED, this place is the the best kept secret of Myrtle Beach. Let me say for you hotel snobs that expect & want all modern luxuries, crazy expensive bedding, towels, room service, etc this isnt the place for you run away . Now, if you are looking for a fair priced CLEAN (cant stress this enough) place to stay that is in a great location with fantastic service, thats quiet and safe well this is the place for you. The Waikiki reminds me of a hotel of the 70's from the colors to the bedding you get basics of everything but for some reason the feel of this place makes it more than enough. I lalala LOVE this place!!!!! It is the last Mom n Pop place on the beach, I seriously hope it lasts forever and stays in the family. I am somewhat a local we live about 40 miles from the beach and we have decided to take once a month for ourselves and just get away for a night or two, that being said Im making next months reservation before we leave. There is something about the feel of this place it just draws you in, but seriously, clean is a huge thing with me and this sweet Mom n Pop place has stolen my heart not only for cleanliness, but also friendliness!!!!

• Stayed February 2013
localmyrtlebeach, Owner at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you for witing a honest and fair review. We are a basic no frills motel and we try our best to offer clean rooms at a very fair price. We appreciate your patronage and your very kind words about our property. We look forward to having you here again next month. It is guest like yourself, that makes running a Mom and Pop Motel such a pleasure.

Nancy Hall

Been to Waikiki Village? Share your experiences!