“Very good vacation spot” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Waikiki Village

We can't find prices for this hotel
Waikiki Village
Save Saved
You added Waikiki Village to your Saves list
1500 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Special Offer
Super Saver Days
Ranked #4 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Very good vacation spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

I am writing this review based on my trip about three four years back. ( yes I know it's been a while ) but I did enjoy it very much. The resort has treated the family well for many years my father whent there when he was a child and he also to me and I intend to take mine when I have some. The service GREAT the rooms were a little small but it's an older place so it's ok. It's also outdated but like I said its and older place. The pool perfect beautiful view nice people. I do think that in the future some renavations should be done I do believe it will help your amount of costomers increase

Would I come back ummmm possibly a yes. But I do know for one thing the Waikiki Sure has made some great memories.

• Stayed July 2012
localmyrtlebeach, Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your Waikiki vacation experiences. We enjoy seeing our families return each year and hope that you will be back again very soon. We now offer wireless internet in each room which has many of our guests very happy. Vacations are all about making family memories and I am very happy to hear that we have been part of yours !!! Many thanks !!!!

201 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed here in May 2012 for the Harley Bike Week..or what's left of Bike Week. This place was recommended to me by a friend of a friend. I really enjoyed the family feel of the motel. It is across the street from the ocean, but it was very enjoyable. Loved the pool although the hot tub was small and inside a glass shed where the chlorine was very strong, made my eyes burn like crazy - but at least you know it's clean! I had room 108 - it was spacious and I enjoyed my balcony overlooking the pool. I even had a small view of the ocean! There is lots of parking here and they also had grills in the back of you wanted to grill a steak or burger during your stay.

Room Tip: I don't think you can wrong with any of the rooms that overlook the pool side.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
localmyrtlebeach, Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write this review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We keep our hot tub chlorine levels at the state required setting but if you have this issue again, please let us know ASAP. It helps a lot to open both doors of the hot tub building. I hope that we will be seeing you again very soon and remember that your feedback is important to us.

Nancy Hall
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Lets just be honest. If you are staying here its probably bc all the other places are full. As was the case when I stayed here. However, it wasn't too bad. It is old as dirt. This place has been around since David Hasselhoff was just a gleam in his daddy's eye. But despite its age it was somewhat clean. If you are looking for a Hilton, this ain't it! If you are looking for a motel 6 this is for you. Born and raised in Sc and coming to MB every summer for years. I've stayed at better, but I've stayed at much worse also! Good Times!

• Stayed August 2012
localmyrtlebeach, Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
We appreciate hearing from all our guests and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We try very hard to offer clean accommdations at a dated property so if you are looking for new and shiny Waikiki is not what you want. Our web site show this and our prices as well. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you enjoyed your visit to Myrtle Beach. Myrtle Beach is a wonderful place to vacation.

Nancy Hall
Danville, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed in Room 136 for 7 days it was a Big room and very Clean.The owners are fabulous,the staff is very friendly. The only thing we didn't like about it was the Beds was Very Hard We did not sleep good at all but other then that we Loved it there and it is only a little walk to the beach but from our room you could see the Ocean and the Pool and Jacuzzi was Nice!! We will be back Next year

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
localmyrtlebeach, Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for spending your vacation at Waikiki Village and for writing this review.We do appreciate hearing from our guests because we want to strive to do better. We regret that you were not satisfied with the beds in your room. Unfortunately for you, we do purchase firm mattresses. The next time you stay with us, please let us know if you are not happy with the mattresses. We will be more than happy to switch your bedding to ones less firm. We appreciate your kind comments about our clean property and staff. We hope to see you here soon !!!!

Nancy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Let me first off say that we decided three years ago that we would try this hotel because of all the excellent reviews on tripadvisor. Three years later and this is the ONLY place to stay in Myrtle Beach! We return every year several times a year and we always request a room in the little tiki hut. The owners are fabulous,the staff is very friendly, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Every time we stay here it always feels like coming home. My husband and I never have to decide where we will stay during our vacations at Myrtle, it is a given that we are going to the Waikiki!

• Stayed May 2012
localmyrtlebeach, Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Just a note to say thank you for writing this review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoy staying in our Hawaiian style building. These rooms are very small but are very convenient because of the close parking. You are also very close to the beach !!!! We are definitely looking forward to seeing you here again. We do strive for customer satisfaction so please let us know if you need any assistance when you vacation with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Waikiki village was a clean and friendly place. Even the guests made you feel like family. They helped me research the nearest lighthouse for a day trip. They have shuffleboard, horseshoes, a library, putt-putt, jacuzzi, and a nice pool! The only thing you don't have is an ocean front view.
My friends didn't believe that you could have such a nice place for that price, so they booked a hotel for 3 times the price. They had bugs and was just a room number. At Waikiki, it was super clean and the housekeepers really took pride in their work!! She told me that once i stayed here, I'd be back! She was right!! I book my fall and spring vacation before I left. If you don't need to ocean front room, this is the place to stay!!!!
Thank you for a wonderful vacation!
Robert Hill
Marietta, Ohio.

• Stayed September 2012
localmyrtlebeach, General Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
We do appreciate hearing from our guests and it is a pleasure to hear positive comments from a new customer. We are a dated property but strive to offer afforable and clean accomdations.We are looking forward to your future stays with us. Many thanks for taking the tinme to write this review.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

After 4-5 years of staying (latecomers) at Waikiki, it is the only place we would stay in Myrtle Beach. If it is unavailable, we do not go. The staff is the greatest, other guests are the friendliest, and you will make friends for life. The owner plays an active role in management of this motel, and the staff is known on a first name basis. THEY GENUINELY CARE ABOUT THE GUESTS....which is a rarity today! Kiss your cares away and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere at the Waikiki! Becki & Jack, Charlotte, NC

Room Tip: Poolside is best. Suites have a full kitchen, kitchen table/chairs and a Comfortable couch for TV v...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
localmyrtlebeach, Manager at Waikiki Village, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for your review and for coming back to see us once again.We do appreciate your patronage and loyalty and we do not take this for granted. Customers have many choices to select from here in Myrtle Beach. Thank you for selecting us!!!!
Hope to see you again very soon!!!

Been to Waikiki Village? Share your experiences!