“Clean, Cheap, friendly owners” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Waikiki Village

We can't find prices for this hotel
Waikiki Village
You added Waikiki Village to your Saves list
1500 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Special Offer
SNOWBIRD SPECIAL !
Ranked #8 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Maryland
“Clean, Cheap, friendly owners”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

When my husband and I were looking to stay a night in Mrytle Beach we tried several hotels that were 199+ dollars, we did not want to spend that much, just wanted a nice clean room. At the Waikiki that is what we got, friendly owners and employees, a clean room that I felt comfortable walking around in my bare feet, a large refrigerator, grills outside if you wanted to cook, nice tv, clean towels. The place is not fancy, bare bones accomodations, but it is right across from the beach, has it's own swimming pool and good parking. If we go by again we will stay there price was 65 dollars, can't beat it. Tahnk you for being so nice to us.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Stanley, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I have stayed in many different places in Myrtle Beach the past 30 years, but Waikiki Village has topped them all! From the very beginning of booking our stay...I was able to do it all by e-mail with Nancy..to checking in and out, this was by far the most peaceful place to stay at Myrtle Beach. Some of our arrangements had to be changed at the last minute last year, and Nancy was very nice to help us work it out. I came down recently with my parents and our rooms were just what we needed. From my mother sitting on the balcony watching people playing in the pool, to cooking on the grills, everything was rated a "10"...and did I mention the water pressure in the showers? Very nice! I don't know what you are looking for...but these were the cleanest rooms and facilities ever! The man cleaning the pool does an excellent job and was out there every morning scrubbing it. I would put Waikiki Village up next to the high rises any day...Waikiki is so much nicer! Even if their building are older as reported by other reviewers...they are very well kept! The flowers and grounds are well groomed, and we could not get over how nice EVERY EMPLOYEE that we saw was to us. Everyone, and I mean everyone that we met were quick to say hello..and when we asked for something like extra linens, we were given them right away. If we wanted to sleep a little bit later, the maid came back later! Even slept ok on the beds, and we never sleep good in hotels.And the maid changed our sheets after a couple of days! That is not done in even the larger hotels. I could go on an on...We checked out Waikiki online a few years ago when I googled, clean/inexpensive places to stay in Myrtle Beach based on reviews. We were already at the beach, and when we asked to see the rooms in person...we were shown one right away. The larger hotels get upset if you ask to see their rooms before renting. Waikiki rooms are so clean and you are treated like family. I am very particular where my family stays...so believe me when I say, you should give Waikiki a try...and you can't beat the prices. Give them a call or e-mail Nancy on their website. You won't be disappointed..We are going back again in July with more family. If we spent our money paying for a highrise hotel, we would not be able to go again this year. I met Larry and Harry at the front desk while there and they were very helpful...as were the cleaning staff. Give Waikiki a try...even walking across the street to the beach was not bad...took me longer to get an elevator in other hotels than it did to walk to the beach from Waikiki Village...and it is within walking distance to eating places and the Family Kingdom. You can keep your car parked. Can't wait to go back to Waikiki Village. I miss it already! Thanks Waikiki Village staff for treating us so well. I am telling everyone at church and all my friends about your motel! Loved it...I would give you 10 stars if I could!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in an "E" type room. It has 2 bathrooms and 2 TV's, full kitchen...works gre...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Germanton, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Waikiki Village is the best place at Myrtle Beach to go for a relaxing vacation. It is quiet and very clean. The office staff is friendly and very helpful, and Nancy is just the greatest person you will ever find. She is a real friend to us. Waikiki Village is not new and fancy or plush, but ir is so comfortable and has a great pool. The rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. You are always welcome to go in the lobby and office to relax, work puzzles, watch TV and visit with the office staff. A majarity of their guests are repeat guests. Oh, and by the way, we have been staying there for 42 years.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Stoney Creek, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Just returned from our spring trip to Waikiki Village! We have the pleasure of returning to our friends in the south twice a year ... it is so welcoming to return each trip and see the same staff and visitors. We truly feel at home at the Waikiki ... we look forward to catching up with all the staff and our friends who like us return faithfully.
We enjoy cook outs in the back of the hotel with many of the guests and always find time to enjoy many a cribbage game!! (Canada vs the U.S.)
We are always very well taken care of at the Waikiki. Nancy ensures that all her guests are comfortable and have everything they need. The staff keep the grounds well maintained.
If you haven't been to the Waikiki - give it a try ... you will be delighted at the southern hospitality. If you are a returning guest - you know how great it is to return each year to this familiar place, with familiar friends and staff.
Many thanks to all the folks, but especially, Nancy, Harry, Larry, Mike, Vena, Sam - it is truly a pleasure to see you all every visit !!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Mount Olivet, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

We have been staying at Waikiki for the last 35 plus years.. it's like coming home. Although Waikiki has age on it, Nancy and the staff always go the extra mile to make sure you are satisfied and your room is clean and comfortable. The pool is great and enjoyed by all, as is the hot tub.Our grand kids love to play putt putt and shuffleboard down by the office. The laundry room is another amenity that we appreciate having access to. We love spending our vacation at Waikiki and Myrtle Beach. . . . .we have two more generations following us in staying at Waikiki. We've made some great memories at Waikiki.

We feel like we are with family when we stay at Waikiki. Love the family atmosphere and the southern hospitality is "priceless". Thank you Nancy and all the staff

Room Tip: Rooms next to office on first floor and also on the street side have parking right out the door. Ve...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

This was our first visit to Waikiki Village but it will definitely not be our last.
Waikiki Village is a great older family run place. Nancy and all of her staff were great.
Our room was spotless and we were well looked after
Remember this is an older place and it has some wear and tear, but character by the yard.
We had no issues during our stay. Location is great, right across the road from the beach
and there is no waiting for elevators. Only a block walk to groceries restaurants as well as mini golf.
I would recommend Waikiki to any of our family or friends that were looking for a place that will provide great service and value for your money.
Thanks Nancy

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

This summer will be my 42nd year of staying at Waikiki Village while vacationing in Myrtle Beach. First and foremost, if you require 4-star amenities then this is not the place for you; however, if your family enjoys clean rooms, a great pool, friendly staff, and a wonderful calm quiet family atmosphere then Waikiki Village is just the spot. Each year there are so many returning guests that it is like catching up with distant family and friends. 1500 S. Ocean Blvd. is an ideal location that is convenient to popular attractions but not in the middle of the hustle and bustle of more crowded areas of the beach. Because of the age and design of the building, 2nd floor guests should be considerate of the guests in rooms below them; and, of course, there are small issues to be expected when staying in an older place; but I can assure you that I would not be a return visitor after all these years if Waikiki Village did not meet my standards for a good vacation. No matter where my family chooses to visit, it's just not "vacation" if we haven't had our week at Waikiki Village in Myrtle Beach!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Waikiki Village? Share your experiences!