“GO SOME PLACE ELSE I'M MEAN IT..TERRIABLE HOTEL.” 1 of 5 stars

Viking Ocean Front Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1811 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #177 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Richmond, Kentucky, United States
“GO SOME PLACE ELSE I'M MEAN IT..TERRIABLE HOTEL.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This place made us park across the streets cause one room had 6six parking spots and should of been one parking spot for room; also the ceiling was falling in on us..We could not go to sleep because over one bed the ceiling was leaking and all they said well get someone on it tomorrow..but we checked out the next day and the new person on the shift keep 20.oo dollars of our money..Also it had fleas all over the place and carpet was nasty as can be I would never ever stay here again inless they totally updated everything; such as housekeeping, linens, toilet paper supplies, pool, bedding, and SERVICE,,,,therefore run go some were else..

Room Tip: Don't stay here..
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
povmgmt, General Manager at Viking Ocean Front Motel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out an online comment on trip advisor. We appreciate any and all guest feedback. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your recent stay with us. After reviewing our maintenance records I do not see where there are any prior reports of the issue you mentioned in the room you occupied. Maintenance issues are often unexpected and I’m sorry if this issue proved bothersome to you during your visit. Had we known about the issue prior I can assure you that we would have repaired it to a satisfactory level before your arrival. I do thank you for voicing your concerns, and for your valuable input. This issue will be forwarded to our director of maintenance to ensure it has been properly handled so that we don’t run into a reoccurring problem. I hope that you have a wonderful day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

First let me start off by saying this, the rooms were not as cheap as people would say, I think that $139 a night was a bit high for this establishment plus there was no microwave in the room. But me and my wife drudge'd on thru the experience. Now for the review, the room was not clean at all, the headboards were very nasty hadn't been wiped down or cleaned in a while. Secondly, the bedspreads smelt like mildew I had to take them off the bed. Next, the security was null and void, there were children running around the motel, in and out the pool all night until at least 3 a.m. and with the adjoining room doors I didn't trust that at all due to the young teenagers running around. Finally, the window in the kitchen did not lock that is not very secure at all I did not sleep well with that one, being of military background I felt as if I was on guard duty to protect my wife and myself.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out an online comment on TripAdvisor. We appreciate any and all guest feedback. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your recent stay with us. It is not typical for housekeeping to be lacking in the services that you have mentioned in your complaint, however errors are made and I’m sorry if anything was overlooked during your visit. I will make sure these issues and concerns are brought to the attention of our director of housekeeping for further review so they can be addressed with individual employees. Thank you again for your valuable input. I hope you have a wonderful day.
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

When traveling we always choose budget wise. Checking in turned into a 2 hour nightmare because the booking was through bookit.com in my husband's name and he didn't arrive until 2 days later. They did go out of their way to allow us to stay an extra day we had not booked ahead of time in the same room. Having the advantage of 2 separate sleeping quarters, a full bathroom, and kitchenette made our family of 3 adults comfortable. There was a separate table and chairs to be used either as a dining table or desk. The front room was spacious. The beds were comfortable with adequate pillows and linens for the week. There was a side view of the ocean and a full view of the outdoor pool. The pool was of adequate size for the number of rooms. It never seemed to close making it available to guests as desired. The elevator worked well. Plenty of free ice available in the machine. Parking was free and adequate including the extra spaces across the street.

The room was comfortable and clean but definitely needed maintenance and upgrade. The small oven didn't work at all. The burners on top of the stove set cock-eyed but worked well. There was an adequate amount of dishes, utensils, and pans to cook lightly in the room. There wasn't a microwave available. The large refrigerator gave us plenty of space for liquids and food supplies and worked great. Despite the shower running from the shower head and faucet continuously, there was plenty of hot water and water pressure.

For the budget conscious, this was a comfortable and clean room. We will stay there again in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment on tripadvisor. We appreciate any and all guest feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We would be happy to have you as a guest with us again in the future. If there is anything that you may need, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to assist you with your reservation needs. Have a wonderful day!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I came here for my bday and my dad. It is not the great hotel you expect but it was cheap and enough room for my family. The place was nice and clean except the carpet. It was so dirty that i had dark mark on my feet. When we walked into the room, it smelled like cigarette and i had asthma which was a problem but i didn't complain. I should of but it was a good price and was the only place that will let us stay for one night. The kitchen was okay. Some of the stove button didn't work which was weird. Make sure you bring your own pots and pan and dish soap because they are dirty. The shower need to be fixed because when you shower, only a little of water came out. My husband and I took an hour showering because not much of the water coming out. I liked the view because we had oceanfront but the door needed to be fixed. Its hard to open it and it closes hard wn the wind come. The tv was great. They had all channel. The wifi doesn't work which sucks. This place need to be updated and they need to something with the smells. I like it for the price and location. Its not the best place to stay but good for those who are on a budget.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on tripadvisor. We appreciate any and all guest feedback. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your stay with us. We are an older property, and we do cater to an economy traveler offering the lowest rates we possibly can. I thank you for voicing your concerns and bringing these issues to our attention. I will make sure that your complaints are forwarded to the appropriate department heads for further review so that the issues can be taken care of. Thank you again for the valuable input. It truly is appreciated. I hope you have a wonderful day.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are nasty no housekeeping must do your own dishes before you check out, must buy your own toilet paper and paper towels, if you plan on cooking in might want to bring your own pots and pans.floors are discusting showers dont work hardly electric outlets dont charge worth a flap stuff was very rude and not helpful at all. This place needs to be shut down.dont let the pictures fool you because they dont have what they say

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is a budget hotel. We booked a room last minute when we decided to stay an extra day. It is older but the rooms have lots of space, were clean and everything worked. The best perk was Katie(I think that was her name) at the front desk. We dealt wih her coworkers both here and at a sister property. They were horribly rude but Katie was super friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013
povmgmt, General Manager at Viking Ocean Front Motel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
McArthur, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Went on vacation with a friend and her young son.The room was not the cleanest one I have stayed in ,but with the number of people in M.B. at any given time everything is NOT going to be perfect .The staff ( office.maintence and house keeping ) were very nice .Yes sir (ma'am) ,no sir(ma'am) was part of there answers to anything. There were 7 of us and a one year old. All we needed to do was ask and they took care of it. As far as the price it was very cheep (not cheep) fit in to our budget very well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment on tripadvisor. We appreciate any and all guest feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We would be happy to have you as a guest with us again in the future. We deeply apologize for any housekeeping issues you may had. We will be sure to pass that along to the appropriate department head. If there is anything that you may need, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to assist you with your reservation needs. Have a wonderful day!

Been to Viking Ocean Front Motel? Share your experiences!