“I love this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Wisconsin
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

I've stayed at several other places on the ocean in Myrtle Beach and this one was wonderful! The one bedroom oceanfront was perfect for my husband and I with room to spare! All the conveniences of home and more. The staff in every department were welcoming, helpful and efficient. Also, I was able to use the pools at this resort without any adverse skin reaction. Oh, and plenty of parking and timely elevators!

• Stayed October 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

We have just returned from our 4th stay in 2 years and just cannot get enough. We have stayed in the Palmetto Tower in the 1 bedroom and the 3 bedroom deluxe, The Condo units are 1st class with a well equipped kitchen, comfortable beds with quality bedding, and having the washer/dryer is very handy. The Beach goes on forever with such amazing Ocean Sunrises. Security Officers have all been ambassadors in hospitality - and the front desk staff have been very accomodating with booking alterations. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
mommybreak
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

I came across this resort on a "whim" just to get out of town for a few days. The hotel that I usually stay out had a "power outage" that day at the time of check in and I couldn't check in. Tired from a long drive, I decided to drive around and find another hotel. As soon as I walked into the Sandy Beach resort, I knew this was where I wanted to stay. I was greeted very courteously by their security guard who was directing traffic and had a BIG smile on his face. Traveling alone, this definitely made me feel safer. The parking lot is across the street, but its open and not in a parking deck. At the front desk and the clerk also had a smile on his face and was very polite as he made my reservations and assisted other guest. Anyhow, I reserved the "deluxe" room, the standard is attached to their newer building. Go with the DELUXE. As soon as I walked in, MAN, the color pallette was neutral, stone tile, jacuzzi tubs, oceanfront view, separate bedroom, fully loaded kitchen with stainless appliances, this was what a "mommy retreat" definitely looked like. The beach, nor the hotel wasn't overcrowded at all. The pool amenities were fabulous, they had numerous pools and a play area for kids which made me think of what a great place to bring my daughter and husband next time. I even woke up and walked to Friendly's for breakfast. In all the years, I've been to Myrtle Beach, this was the best time I've ever had.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Elberton, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

Enjoyed this hotel very much. The room we had was a three bedroom/3 bath and was very roomy. The unit was clean and we didn't have any problems. The beds were extremely comfortable. Pool area was great. I had checked several hotels and this was by far the best for the money. The staff was wonderful, very helpful and friendly. We plan to stay at the Sandy Beach again

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

the best rooms at myrtle beach.the beds where so soft , the whole experence was the best been staying at myrtle beach for 30 plus years super super super 5 star rooms.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

We've been going to Myrtle Beach for about 10 years and have stayed at various hotels on Ocean Blvd.
After several years of not being happy where we stayed, or always having problems, we decided to try a different hotel this year.
It was the best decision we could have made! The Sandy Beach Resort rooms were like an answer to a prayer! Exactly what we needed... Our room was just beautiful, we stayed in a two bedroom type w/ two bathrooms and a large livinging area.. It was perfect! The rooms were all large, the beds wonderful, the kitchen was big with lots of counter space!.. I wish I lived there!
The staff, and management were very helpful in booking all the rooms with our group.. and so nice to talk to!
Our group all feels the same. The hotel's condition, the rooms, the staff are all first rate..
If I had to try to find one thing to even pick on them, it would maybe be to be a bit more consistant w/ housekeeping. Our rooms were always made up, and clean.. but we didn't always get dishwasher soap, plastic cups and the room vacuumed. If we called the desk though, we were always taken care of.
I can't imaging staying anywhere else... I can't wait for next October! Thanks Sandy Beach Resort staff! We really enjoyed our week with you!

• Stayed October 2009
Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

when we got to the resort we were really pleased with what we saw ...we stayed on the old side of the resort ,after seeing rooms on both the magnolia and palmetto side ...the only difference in the rooms were the appliances and furniture was newer on the magnolia palmetto side ....the rooms were nice and big and clean to the naked eye ...the pools were great and it was close to the pier ...which is our favorite place to go ....everything was great till the second day of our stay ....thats when we cooked breakfast and I had to get down inside the drawer to find a dish towel ....I killed 3 roaches in that one drawer .....not exactly the kind of company I was expecting to share the room with ...so be careful not to be fooled by the clean looking rooms ....maybe you should check a little closer before you take the rooms ....

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Sandy Beach Resort? Share your experiences!