“Best place we have ever stayed” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #17 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Robbinsville, North Carolina
“Best place we have ever stayed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We just stayed at Sandy Beach from Aug 1 - Aug 2,2014. We had a great view from two balconies. The service was great, couldn't have asked for more. Very clean, everything was up to date throughout the resort. Loved having indoor pools and hot tubs, especially since it rained durning our stay. Convenient to shops, grocery store, and the fair. Can see why they are rated best on the beach. Will stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
Athens, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We visited the last week of July 2014 and had a wonderful experience. There were 5 of us, two adults and three children. We had a one bedroom/one bath on the new Palmetto side with a beautiful ocean view on the 5th floor. There were two queen size beds in the bedroom and a wall bed in the living room. There was a small table with 4 chairs that worked well for meal times. The couch was small, but decent and the room was clean. We had no problems with water pressure or temperature in the bathroom or kitchen. Another plus was the washer and dryer! This allowed us to wash and dry beach towels and clothes while we slept and/or were out on the beach. The kitchen was stocked with most of the utensils/glasses/dishes we needed and served our purposes well. I recommend bring paper towels as there were none available.

The unloading/loading area does get crowded at times, so I recommend arriving after the check-in time. We didn't have any problem when we checked in at 9pm, but had problems when we came back from a grocery shopping trip the next day and arrived at 4:15pm. I will definitely avoid that time if we vacation here again.

The pool was clean and there was easy access to the beach, which made the trip to and from much quicker than I envisioned.

We did not have any problems and I highly recommend this hotel. I would stay here again without question.

Room Tip: Palmetto (new side) seem better.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I will start by saying first and foremost I am very very very EXTREMELY picky when it comes to where my family and I rest our heads on vacation! So I was determined to find a resort that will provide our comforts! I was pleasantly surprised after searching and reviewing endlessly. . Sandy Beach and TripAdvisor did not fail!!!! We have gone on vacation to the beach several times and could never find "the place" but OMG this is it!!!! I'm a tad late writing my review but I had to make sure If I review no other place, this one would have to be done!!

Ok...sorry for all the rant... :) Now to the review. 1) THE ROOM...I want to include what TYPE of room we had..when I read the reviews on TripAdvisor most of them did not include the "type" (suite, 2bedrm, penthouse ect.) I think it's helpful so that a very analytical person like myself, can in vision the reviewers comments especially if there are no pictures. . (Like me, I couldn't get it to wrk from my phone) We(2 adults 2 children) had the 2bedrm 2 bath suite w/ extra Sideview in the "newer" building- Palmetto. And yes regardless of what anyone says the newer building has the better, more tasteful rooms (just being honest). Upon walking in...mouth opens automatically Bc everything is gorgeous!! Long hallway, 1st room to the left w/ 2 plush queen size beds (very spacious) and further down to the right is the master w/a king bed and it's own bath-all of which is spacious as well..the bath omg! (Amazing!) Jetted jacuzzi tubes ahhhh! There was also a 2nd bath for the kids, that was extremely nice!! Everything was great quality! The kitchen was spacious. .included microwave, stove, nice counters and space as well as dishwasher and big frig. The washing machine and dryer was located by the kitchen.
2) THE VIEW.. the rooms with the "extra sideview" are on the higher levels which means you're guaranteed an AMAZING view!! Our view when opening our curtains were basically panoramic!!! Waking up to that view in the morning was absolutely breathtaking!!
3) PARKING.. now.. to the only reason I didn't give it a 5 on the rating scale. It was absolutely ridiculous. . There is a small and I mean small congested area that you try to park and unload at the same time. Meanwhile, this is in the same area that the elevators are letting off guests that are trying to get to the pool which also is in this area. Just simply... TOO CONGESTED!! Not to mention once you're finally able to hurriedly unload your luggage you have to then park across the street in an uncovered parking lot. Yes a parking lot. I would suggest if possible, arriving later in the evening.
4) STAFF.. hmmm..well in my opinion it was good. They don't really talk much? Lol! I know that sounds unecessary. .. but even though I am a chill and relaxed person at the beach doesn't mean I wouldn't like a courteous convo.. like "how's your stay going!?" and "how are you today!" Ya know, the regular? As well.. From what I was told by one of the staff when I phoned for more towels was "were somewhat of a self serve resort" and that they don't offer drinking glasses!!? Like regular everyday cups!! I had to go down and get the towels from the front desk and had to buy papercups to sum it up.

*The last two things I will say does not write off this resort by any means!! I just want to give the most honest review I can. I know everywhere has its flaws and to our family the pros out weighed the cons here. The CLEANLINESS, spaciousness,pools, lazyriver comforts of home feeling the room gave, as well, the location was near every attraction! There was a waterpark literally next door!!
If you're looking for the most bang for your buck at an excellent rate, clean rooms, amazing views, and a relaxing stay for you and your family. . this is IT!!!!
Would love it if their was a nice bar or lounge area!! And I sware I am not anyone working for any company..this is a legit review from a very opinionated guest! ;)

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Waynesville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We visited the week of July 20,2014. There was 4 of us. We had a studio. 2 queen size beds in main room , with a door that closed it off from the kitchen, bathroom and living room. We stayed on the 8th floor. We did have a nice view from the balcony.

In the living room we had a small table with 4 chairs. There is a full size bed that pulls out of the wall. There was also room for a blow up mattress.Couch was very old. I couldn't tell if it was stained/dirty or just old.

Bathroom was ok.. Water pressure was poor. Steep step into the tub/shower. I am only 5ft so it was steep for me. Floors were not very clean and mirror was not cleaned either, after my shower the name Charly appeared on the steamy glass.

Kitchen was stocked with equipment needed for the week. Plenty of stores around to pick up essentials for the week.
(Need to get paper towels , those are not provided)

Laundry is available on the 4th floor.
Elevators were always wet from people coming up from beach/pool without drying off. Which is slippery when wearing flip flops.
We did see fireworks almost every night from one of the piers. They were very good.
Overall not bad. I would probably stay again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My family was on holiday July 13-20 2014 and we had a terrific time in Myrtle Beach while staying at Sandy Beach resort. I had booked 2 other resorts prior to Sandy Beach and cancelled them after deciding on SB. I don't want to put down any other resort (until I have stayed in them) but the deciding factors for us were the queen beds (rather than doubles at the other resorts). We could get queen beds at the other resorts but the price went up when we requested double beds at these hotels.

The resort was busy but we still enjoyed ourselves in the pools/hot tubs and the exercise room that was available for use. The room (1BR Deluxe Suite) was everything we expected for the 4 of us and the view from the Ocean Front balcony 11th floor was a tremendous way to spend each morning with our coffee and also very nice enjoying our favourite beverage before going to bed each evening.

There were fireworks on the Wednesday from the pier right near the hotel and they were amazing as we had a spectacular view from our balcony. There is so much to do with shopping so close and an amusement park just across the road. The staffs were so kind and helped whenever we had any inquiries. We were at the hotel much earlier than check-in and were told that we couldn't get in the room until the 4:00 check in time so they offered to take our bags until this time so we could start enjoying the hotel amenities. When we brought our bags up from the car the girl at front desk (wish I could remember her name as she was so nice) told us that there was a room available and that we could go right up. This was a real nice surprise for us as we were able to get our room setup and then really start our vacation.

The only minor annoyance would be that the elevators were a little slow but this was to be expected as the hotel was full. We waited only a few times but there this was not a huge concern for us. I also would have liked to see more oceanfront restaurants/balconies closer to the hotel as there were a couple of places(the pier and ali baba's(or something like this) that we could see the ocean but nothing more than this close to the hotel. We did go to Sea Captain's house for lunch and this was nice with a view of the ocean but again it wasn't an on the ocean outdoor patio like I had hoped.

I would recommend this hotel to any and every one as our stay was a really nice one. Hope this helps to help others as I also read through Trip Advisor for reviews and finally decided on Sandy Beach Resort. Glad we did!!! :)

Joe Killoran

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
billfishmi, Public Relations Manager at Sandy Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Joe K,

After booking two other resorts we are glad you chose Sandy Beach and LOVED IT!

We are glad that you enjoyed your 1 BR Deluxe room with its 2 Queen bed's and private Oceanfront Balcony. There is nothing better than sitting on a oceanfront balcony and waking up in the morning.

Yes, a little known secret except by those that are repeat guests is that every Wednesday there is a AWESOME FIREWORK show right in front of the resort. Our balconies provide a great spot to see these shot each week.

Although check-time is not until 4 PM we do have a great staff that will do its best to get you in as soon as possible and if not, help store your bags. Our elevators do get a little busy at peak hours with people getting on and off the beach. Our location is hard to beat with the Family Kingdom across the street, the water slide right beside us, and countless other options minutes away!

We appreciate you taking the time to help other travelers make their decision on where to stay in Myrtle Beach! We hope to see you again soon!

Thanks
Craigsville, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We visited Sandy Beach Resort over the 4th of July holiday. We have stayed here for the last 6-7 years and we always stay in the newer Palmetto building and have a great time. We have even stayed here during the winter months when there is usually construction going on. I think this is why I was disappointed in this summer's stay. Our room was nice (as usual) but could use a little updating. The pool area was my big disappointment. I have a small child who loves the kiddie pool but this year the water did not spray from the submarine, did not spray from
the palm trees, did not spray from the middle of the sea serpent thing, the bucket dumps did not work at all, and the seahorses sprayed water from the wrong places due all the cracks in them, the submarine has a big dangerous looking metal thing on the inside where something has broken off, and the whole area could use a paint job. Also, the smaller hot tub (by the kids area) heated but the bubbles did not work the entire week that we were there. We have stayed here 2-4 times per year for the last 6-7 years but will probably stay somewhere else until the kid's area is updated.
Our room was not ready at 4:00. I know it was the 4th but it really should have been ready by 4:00. The front desk girl was super nice and apologetic and about 4:30 she finally just decided to switch our room so we could get in.
Overall, Sandy Beach is our favorite place to stay, so hopefully they will work on the children's areas this winter.

melissadr,

Thank You for visiting the Sandy Beach Resort once again this summer! We are pleased that your room was again nice. We will 100% correct the issue with some of the pool toys. I apologize that this occurred during your stay. We appreciate your feedback.

We will have all of this fixed whenever you return to Sandy Beach Resort next time!

Thanks,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Hi. Wife and I (and 2 kids) have been coming here during the summer for the past 10yrs - never had any issues - the rooms have always been clean plenty of towels and the air con set (cool) before arriving. Location is across the street from Family Kingdom and a Mini Mart (and also a beach ware store beside a scooter rental service) so after we park our vehicle (in the lot across from Sandy Beach) it basically stays there unless we wanted to cruise the strip or something. I love it here (I'm on the balcony writing this right now)!

• Stayed July 2014
dexter b,

We want to Thank You for coming to the Sandy Beach Resort for TEN YEARS!!!!

We are pleased that you have never had any issues and the rooms have always been clean. We do have a great location with the Family Kingdom, the Grocery/Mini-Mart across the street and the beach right at your feet.

After you check in, if you did not want to, you would never have to use your car again until you checked out!

Thank You for your continued patronage,

Sandy Beach Resort

Been to Sandy Beach Resort? Share your experiences!