“A lil slice of heaven.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% off - 4 night stays!
Ranked #17 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Jackson, New Jersey, United States
“A lil slice of heaven.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Ok just returned from our 6th annual trip to Wonderful Myrtle Beach.. 3 rd time stay at the Sandy Beach Resort! And again I must give the resort an Outstanding review! We arrived on Saturday the 2nd to a slightly congested loading area as expected. Although we had no problem getting in or out. I know I've said this in past reviews and I can't say it enough. If you have more then one adult upon arrival have one do the check in upstairs in lobby ( 2nd floor) while other adult unpacks car. It makes life a lot easier on yourselves. Leaving the car in the load area is fine while you make the journey up to your room.
This year we stayed on the 19th floor(top) in the Palmetto tower and the view was spectacular. The room was is perfect order when we arrived. Plenty of towels, and all the kitchen supplies we needed! And it smelled perfectly nice and clean! Kudos to the cleaning lady up there. I didn't catch her name but she always had a smile!
This year my family decided to come a little earlier then usual.. (We like to come at end of August into Sept as to not have to deal with huge crowds. But surprisingly we only had the hardest time with that in traffic coming into MB and leaving other then that it wasn't that bad at all!
The Sandy Beach resort is located in a great spot... Just far enough away from the real noisey bustling area of the strip but yet still close enough to walk. Which my family and I did. Only a few blocks from 2nd ave pier and your on the boardwalk which is awesome for a stroll and great for photo taking. And if your adventurous side is ready the Ocean Watersports is directly on the beach only yards away... We enjoyed Jetskiing, banana boat rides this year.. They also have parasailing and hike we were there this year they were testing out the newest craze the Hyro-Boarding it looked awesome!
Getting back to Sandy Beach it really always comes down to the location... They REALLY are in the perfect location for a young family. And adults can always slip away in McAdoos Beach Bar which is directly next
door and open at 11 if you need a cocktail!
Lol
All in all I highly recommend sandy beach resort and will come back again for sure! The staff is great!
Sincerely
THE DIAZ FAMILY

• Stayed August 2013

1,114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Waterloo, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My family and I stayed in room 418(magnolia). The place was amazing. Very nice staff, very nice rooms, and very nice swimming area. The beds were nice. The room was well maintained and clean. Had 5 total elevators and never had to wait. Lots of parking and even a over flow area accross the street next door. The maids did a great job on cleaning. We would leave to go to the beach and when we returned you could tell the room had been cleaned. The great smell of cleaner! LOVED IT!!! I would recommend this to all my friends and family. Located about a mile and 1/2 from main strip area. Wifi worked fine. The best part was there were two airconditioners in the room. One in bedroom and one in livingroom. (you don't get that often) 3 swimming pools(2 outside and 1 inside), lazy river, three hot tubs(1 huge one and 2 small ones), and a kiddie pool area with some fun water thingys in them. All in all a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Get a room from 4th floor and up for a better view, but all are good.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My family and I just returned from an excellent 2 day stay at the Sandy Beach Resort. First, Sean was a blessing to my family as there were a cancellation and he was able to book us a room for our stay. Every resort that I called was booked, but Sean took care of us. Miraka was very accommodating during our check in and check out, and even allowed a late check out due to us being a little tired from the amusement park down the street. The resort was very clean and pleasant, the pools were refreshing. Overall this resort rates with Island Vista, and Anderson Spa and Resort which is where we normally stay. I would definitely return and recommend this resort to any one traveling to the Myrtle Beach area. Please, ask for Sean or Miraka during your stay, they will definitely take care of you.

Room Tip: Room 1905 is a great room, even though it is not an ocean front, but it is an ocean view.
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

After arriving in the area at another resort that turned out to be nothing like they advertised we had to find another place to go that was to our standard (4-5 star) or return home...meaning our vacation would be ruined! We found Sandy Beach and from check in to check out the accommodations, quality, and customer service was what we were use to and looking for! Sandy Beach saved our vacation and it was phenomenal! We will return in the future and we don't have to look any further than Sandy Beach for a place to stay from here on out that will be our go to place!! 5 star for sure

Roanoke, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We normally stay in a 2 BR condo further south but needed to upgrade to a 3 BR and came across Sandy Beach. We thought it was very reasonable compared to other 3 BR I had priced as well. I was concerned originally about being in the HEART of MB and the crowd level. I checked us in around 3 pm on Saturday, front desk staff was very nice and accommodating. We could not find a luggage cart anywhere and they we helpful in bringing one to us. We checked into our 3 BR and the bedrooms were good size with good size bathrooms and small balconies, but was nice to have a bathroom & balcony for each room! The downside ....the living room...3 person couch and a formal chair{confused} for a 3 BR unit. Condo was decently clean but had very limited utensils & cookware if you plan on doing much cooking.

The downsides: the elevators, there is 3 for 19 floors of rooms...if you are heading down to the pool/beach/checking out between 9 & 10 am expect to stop at EVERY floor...as far as the crowd level at the pool, it was much better than we expected. You did need to be down to the pool by 9 or so if you wanted a chair right next to the pool ( we had small children so we wanted to close to see them) but there were plenty of chairs away from the pool that were available. Also around 12 or 1 you would see a lot of people leave and there were chairs available. We did not have any issues finding chairs and thought everyone seemed pretty respectful of others and not saving chairs all day. As for the pools they have 2 outdoor pools and 2 outdoor hot tubs and an inside pool, hot tub and lazy river and a kids play area that is shaded. The kids (7 & 4 yo) enjoyed all of these!

The next big issue....parking. So if you are planning on coming in after say 9 pm don't expect to find a parking spot in their main lot. It wasn't until we had been there for a couple of days and finally had enough of driving around around to find a spot that they informed us that the Family Kingdom $10 parking lot is also owned by Sandy Beach. Once we figured this out all was well with the world!

Overall we enjoyed and would stay again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Weirton, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Our stay started off with the friendly and courteous check in staff. We stayed in the 3 bedroom king suite. It was well worth the price. Views were amazing. Room was spotless. Locations can not be beat. No restaurant on the actual property but a beach bar and grill less than a few yards away! We were in the new part so I can not speak to the older section. Overall my husband, myself, 2 little ones and grandparents LOVED sandy beach and will be returning in 2014.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We normally like staying on the north side but when we waited to late to book nothing was left hardly I ended up booking here and I was very surprised,this place is my favorite I will never stay anywhere else.its directly across from family kingdom and a small like grocery store also plus shops are within walking distance.very clean place,nice workers and the rooms are really nice I've stayed at Atlantica and all kinds of nice ones but this place blows them out of the water.we had a 3 bedroom and it gave everyone there own privacy and plenty of room so we wasn't crowded.every room has its own balcony and bathroom.i don't have anything at all I can complain about from this place and that's unusual for me I'm a picky person.but try this place out and you won't be disappointed

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Sandy Beach Resort? Share your experiences!