Ok just returned from our 6th annual trip to Wonderful Myrtle Beach.. 3 rd time stay at the Sandy Beach Resort! And again I must give the resort an Outstanding review! We arrived on Saturday the 2nd to a slightly congested loading area as expected. Although we had no problem getting in or out. I know I've said this in past reviews and I can't say it enough. If you have more then one adult upon arrival have one do the check in upstairs in lobby ( 2nd floor) while other adult unpacks car. It makes life a lot easier on yourselves. Leaving the car in the load area is fine while you make the journey up to your room.
This year we stayed on the 19th floor(top) in the Palmetto tower and the view was spectacular. The room was is perfect order when we arrived. Plenty of towels, and all the kitchen supplies we needed! And it smelled perfectly nice and clean! Kudos to the cleaning lady up there. I didn't catch her name but she always had a smile!
This year my family decided to come a little earlier then usual.. (We like to come at end of August into Sept as to not have to deal with huge crowds. But surprisingly we only had the hardest time with that in traffic coming into MB and leaving other then that it wasn't that bad at all!
The Sandy Beach resort is located in a great spot... Just far enough away from the real noisey bustling area of the strip but yet still close enough to walk. Which my family and I did. Only a few blocks from 2nd ave pier and your on the boardwalk which is awesome for a stroll and great for photo taking. And if your adventurous side is ready the Ocean Watersports is directly on the beach only yards away... We enjoyed Jetskiing, banana boat rides this year.. They also have parasailing and hike we were there this year they were testing out the newest craze the Hyro-Boarding it looked awesome!
Getting back to Sandy Beach it really always comes down to the location... They REALLY are in the perfect location for a young family. And adults can always slip away in McAdoos Beach Bar which is directly next
door and open at 11 if you need a cocktail!
All in all I highly recommend sandy beach resort and will come back again for sure! The staff is great!
THE DIAZ FAMILY
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A New Modern Oceanfront Resort with one, two, and three bedroom units. Sandy Beach Resort now boasts a Children's Interactive Pool Area, Fitness Room, Meeting Room, and a comfortable Oceanfront Lobby. Come Stay at one of Myrtle Beach's newest and nicest Oceanfront Resorts! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Sandy Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandy Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sandy Beach Resort Myrtle Beach
- Sandy Beach Myrtle