“We LOVE Sandy Beach Hotel! See our Tour of the room!” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #17 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“We LOVE Sandy Beach Hotel! See our Tour of the room!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We have stayed at Sandy Beach Hotel 7 or 8 times now, and have never been disappointed. While we were there this time, they gave out wrist bands to use their pools which has been an issue of concern by other reviewers. The rooms are wonderful. I love that even the standard 1 bedroom sleeps 6 and has a living room, bedroom, kitchen and washer and dryer! When we stay at other Hotels now, I am always sad not to have that washer and dryer and full kitchen!!
We posted a tour of the room : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRInYuih8fI

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
Augusta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have stayed at the Sandy Beach Resort 3 times since 2010, but due to questionable hotel policies, this visit was our last. ANYONE OFF THE STREET CAN AND DOES USE SBR’S POOLS! We saw it happen every day of our stay. In some cases it was people walking over from the flea bag motels across the street. At other times it was large groups of young males who would come in with their coolers and whistle and catcall at the teenage girls at the pool. Their loud, foul language was so bad that many families with younger children would just leave the pool area. SBR has a “security guard” on site, but this person does little more than stand in the pull-through loading area. As a hotel guest, it bothers me that others are spoiling my experience for something that I have paid for, but most importantly, this seems like a HUGE safety/security issue. These random people have open access to the elevators and every floor of the hotel as well. We’ve stayed in other resorts that require guests to swipe a room key to enter the pool and elevator areas. This feature would solve many of the problems and make me, as a guest, feel so much safer.

Another problem we experienced during this visit - the hotel was full of large groups of teens with no adults in sight. Our neighbors were one such group of about 6 or 7 teens that woke us up on many occasions with the slamming of doors and general noise. SBR claims to be a family friendly resort and that registered guests must be at least 25, married, or accompanied by a parent/guardian. I question whether this policy is enforced. I understand that the hotel cannot police every person, but as a parent who is looking for a relaxing and safe vacation, the whole “spring break/senior week” atmosphere is NOT what I want.

This is all very unfortunate because during our previous two stays, we felt that SBR was a wonderful little secret...an upscale hotel with great rates that allowed guests the flexibility of something besides a Saturday to Saturday stay. SBR still looks great, even a few years after the big renovation. We had no complaints with the condition of our suite (we always stay in a Palmetto Angle Suite), but until hotel management addresses these policy concerns, we will have to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Be aware that the Palmetto Tower is newer than the older Magnolia Tower.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Our second stay, big rooms,clean and friendly staff. I hope they will add more kids activities and in house restaurant. Other than that you're not going to be disappointed. The place is close to almost everything.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Nashville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My first trip to Myrtle Beach and what a disappointment! I don't know if it was the week we were there (6/8-6/15) but the Resort was nothing like what I expected. We traveled down with a baseball team and I was embarrassed that *I* was the one who selected this hotel and the rest of the team followed my recommendation! EMBARRASSED!!!!

The party never stopped....EVER... especially in the room next to us. We were in the Palmetto (newer) rooms. We stepped over a passed out guy in the hallway while his friends screamed and cursed at each other over who let him drink too much. Vomit in the hallway. Cigarette butts being thrown from the balconies. And cigarettes were not the only thing being smoked on the balconies or in the stairwells. My kid was not "allowed" on the elevator. I could go on... but you get the idea...
I get that kids get rowdy and party and that's fine. But I did not expect it at this resort. They rent only to ages "25 and up". I promise you these kids were nowhere close to 25. And the smoking policy was non existent that week.

I rely on trip advisor and other sites in the decision making process process regarding where we are going to stay when we travel especially if we are traveling to somewhere we have never been before. This place is top rated...I saw no negative comments about this place. Like I said, maybe it was the week we were there. But what a huge disappointment for our first (and probably only) trip to Myrtle Beach.

I will say that our room was nice, clean and of course a beautiful view of the ocean. (The reason I am not giving this 1 star!) The front desk staff wasn't the friendliest but the rest of the staff was always nice and polite.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

If you're planning a trip to myrtle beach- this is the place to stay! The staff is so friendly and accommodating and the rooms are absolutely perfect. This is my second time here and the first time I stayed in the other part of the hotel and this time I'm staying in the newer part- both are incredible! I have 3 kids ages 1, 3, and 9 and there is something for everyone to do here. Love all the stuff around the hotel to walk to- especially the pier!

• Stayed June 2013
augusta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

this is my second time staying at this resort.my overall stay was pretty good,my only negatives would be that front desk was not overly friendly but they were just okay.also the pools were dirty.the person cleaning them did a terrible job both mornings.i also hate the fact that owners can bring their dogs but other guest cant. one person had two dogs yet I cant bring my pommeranian.doesnt seem quite fair to me.my positives would be that the rooms are clean and spacious..they have lots of pools..the location is excellent(I walked everywhere I went)plenty parking spaces and great oceanview..overall I would recommend this hotel to others.had to call maintenance on two separate occasions and they came within five minutes both times and fixed my minor concerns.the maintenance guy(tony brown) is very friendly and I would like to let the hotel management know that..i will be visiting myrtle beach again soon and definitely will be booking at sandy beach.

Room Tip: palmetto rooms best but magnolia are decent too
Salyersville, Ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

This was our first stay at Sandy Beach Resort and we had a great time! Everyone was super nice, the rooms were very comfortable and up to date. Location is really good especially if you have kids. The Family Kingdom Amusement Park is across the street and the water park is next door. There is a general store, an ice cream parlor and a couple of bars/nightclubs next door. There is a pier on the other side of the Resort and you can fish there, shop, get a meal at the restaurant and watch the fireworks that are shot for the pier on Wednesday nights. Also, you've gotta love Marvin from Myrtle Manor, who is security at the Resort! My only complaint is that the boardwalk doesn't come all the way down to Sandy Beach.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Sandy Beach Resort? Share your experiences!