“A GREAT Vacation!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Cary, North Carolina
“A GREAT Vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I went with my three roommates from college in the late 70s. We had a fantastic time. We got a room upgrade from a 1 bedroom suite to a 2 bedroom suite. The room was outstanding. I've stayed there before but not for several years. My friends were VERY impressed by the hotel, the rooms, the pools, the beach.... EVERYTHING! And, it was just as nice as it was when I was there before!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I wanted to make sure that I definitely added my reveiw for SBR! I have been to Myrtle Beach on several occasions and SBR is by far the best place that I have stayed! I based my decision to stay here b/c of previous reviews and I'm glad that I weeded out the few mishaps that people had. We stayed in an OF room which was great! The rooms were very clean, the staff was helpful and had easy access to the beach. In spite of visiting during Bike Week, we really didn't have any problems or hear much noise. The only draw back is that there is no restaurant on site and you have to drive somewhere to eat but that really wasn't a big deal. I would highly recommend SBR and do plan to return on my next visit!

Room Tip: Stayed in the Palmetto Towers
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Brevard, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I booked an angle suite in the Palmetto and despite not having an "Ocean front" view, our ocean view was great; however, be aware that this is the only "window" in the suite. The room was clean and the convenience of the washer and dryer in room was great (I didn't have to do laundry when I got back!) The kitchen was nice and included a dishwasher. Our bedroom was nice and dark, almost too dark because we had slept in wayyyy too late one morning and learned to set an alarm after. The pool area was clean and we enjoyed the beach access. During the day, there are lifeguards ocean side and umbrellas/chairs to rent out.

We will return but will be booking a two bedroom for our next visit for more light and views in our room.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor, especially during biker week!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mooresville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my friend for a 3 night get away. It is clean it has a great view. The pools were clean and wonderful. Plenty of places to sit in the sun. In the fall I stayed at a chain resort and was so unhappy. This place is so great I will be back with my family this fall. I can't think of a bad thing to say about this place. It was that good.

• Stayed April 2013
Midwest City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. I had no complaints for my stay. I definitely will be returning. It was a peaceful & romantic getaway, very private. The beds were very comfortable. The full kitchen had nice stainless steel appliances. We also fell in love with the oversized bathroom which had a whirlpool jets in the bathtub but also had a shower. We had our own washer & dryer. Great amenities.

Room Tip: Great views from all rooms.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Ontario,Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Once again reasonable prices and good services have brought us back to Sandy Beach. You can not find a better spot on the Beach than Sandy Beach. Staff are always anxious to help out in everyway and the computor station in the main area is a nice touch. Needed to print of some diner speacials and a computor and printer were available. Great place hope to visit again 2014. Can't old them accountable for weather but it was crappy this year.

Room Tip: Stay in the new part rooms and accesories are more up to date.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
tazewell tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 6 nights in a two bedroom angle ocean view room. This was our fourth time staying at SB, third time in type of unit. Everyone was very nice, check in was fast, room was clean with everything in good working order. We had no problems...pools and hot tubs were clean everyday while we were there, housekeeping was great, always had plenty of towels, etc. The only complaint I had was the wifi signal wasn't very strong most if the time, no big deal for me. We plan on staying here again next year.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Sandy Beach Resort? Share your experiences!