“It was a great trip.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Columbus, Ohio
“It was a great trip.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Our family really enjoyed the Caribbean Resort. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The grounds and room were clean and although we stayed in the older section of the hotel, it was well maintained. It was a great family environment. We will be returning for another vacation and I would recommend this resort to our family and friends.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room that overlooked the pool and lazy river. It was nice to be able to sit on the pa...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jordan E, Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Shannon D,

We are delighted to discover how much your family enjoyed staying at the Caribbean Resort and Villas. Thank you for taking the time to post this feedback on TripAdvisor, along with that gorgeous photo. I hope it serves as a snapshot of how wonderful your experience truly was!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Took a mini-vacation for 2 nights here with family. We booked the 4BR condo for 10 of us (6 adults, 4 kids). Room itself was nice. Nothing spectacular. Just rooms to lay our head.

The pools were great for kids. There is so much to keep their little minds occupied. Water slides for the bigger kids, Lazy river for kids & adults alike alogn with a couple other pools great for little ones!

My one negative is that the elevators are extremely slow! There are 6 total in the tower we were located in and it took seemingly forever for them to get to us when the button was pushed and it moved very slow.

Overall, great stay and would consider this property again.

Dear TomCat27,

Thank you for choosing the Caribbean Resort & Villas, and for your feedback. We are happy to hear how much your family enjoyed the accommodations and amenities. I hope you will give us another chance to serve you in the future!
Liberty Township, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Stayed here 1 night on our way to Charleston, SC for a cruise. Kids and I were unimpressed with the $200 a night room. The room was dirty, old furnishings, tv was hanging crooked, recent? paint job was horrible and didn't feel safe with 2 doors opening to outside. The public beach access was next to the motel and someone was arrested while we were there... for what I don't know. I say motel becasue thats what the Jamaica rooms are in, a motel. If you want a hotel... then you have to walk about 40 yards back to the main hotel. There is a restaurant that seperates the main hotel from the motel portion and for $200 a night, I'm sure there is somewhere else you can find that is better and safer. Even after paying $200 we had to pay $100 safety deposit that could take a week or two to be put back on my card after departure. Seriously? I'm paying $200 a night and your going to charge me another $100? The room did have a little kitchen area with sink, stove and microwave, but I was afraid to use for fear of losing my $100 security deposit! I think I left the room cleaner than when we arrived because of this! Between this "motel" and the crappy service at the Hard Rock Cafe, we won't be back to Myrtle Beach. The Caribbean Beach would be better off razing the building.

Room Tip: We stayed in "Jamaica" as the price for one night, with taxes, was ~$200. Totally not wor...
Dear LNTmom,

Thank you very much for staying at the Caribbean Resort & Villas, and thank you for your comments. It is very disheartening to hear that you did not enjoy your stay, and I would like to address the issues you mentioned above.

As you stated, the Jamaican is a motel-styled building. This is clearly described on our website as an oceanfront motor lodge and I am sorry you were unaware. You can find this under the category "Jamaican Inn," which clarifies the standard room setup for all travelers. This section of our website also denotes the Jamaican's location in relation to the main buildings, so it should not come as a surprise to any of our guests. The Jamaican is actually over 50 years old, and truly is a Myrtle Beach classic. However, we still complete renovations annually in an effort to maintain quality rooms that still offer a vintage oceanfront ambiance at a great rate.

There is a public beach access right near this building, just as there are alongside many resorts up and down the coast of Myrtle Beach. That being said, there is no way we should be responsible for the thoughtless actions of individuals like you described above; and they in no way reflect our operations and values as a resort. We staff security guards 24/7 to ensure a safe experience for all guests. Our team takes the safety and security of our guests very seriously, so I must state that we feel the Caribbean Resort is very safe and provides a family-friendly atmosphere.

Our resort implements a security deposit policy for all reservations simply for security purposes as it pertains to room charges, possible damages, or excessive cleaning fees. With that stated, we are happy to refund this deposit to guests at checkout and we never hold any or all of this deposit unless we have proper documentation of any room charges and/or evidence of damages in the unit. I am shocked your were afraid to use your kitchenette with "fear of losing" your deposit. We want our patrons to take advantage of all accommodations and amenities and I am saddened that you felt you could not do so. Management works meticulously each year to set rates that are highly competitive with other resorts in the area. The Jamaican building contains smaller rooms, and we feel that our rates on these standard oceanview and oceanfront rooms reflect great quality for the rooms and prime location in Myrtle Beach.

We take great pride in all accommodations offered at the Caribbean Resort & Villas, and I am truly sorry that your family did was not completely satisfied with your room.
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We reserved a $250/night king suite based on the reviews and photos online at their website. Upon arriving, I immediately noticed the hotel looked like a 1970's hotel with outside rooms that was attached to a newer and nicer building. Little did I know we were in the old part. Parking is across the street in a detached parking garage. The only positive comment I have is there is a Starbucks directly across the street from the hotel. Negatives: The room was dark, musty and completely worn out. Everything looked nasty and there stains on the furniture, carpet and ashes on the balcony. After observing the pool a few minutes, we immediately went back downstairs and asked for a new room, but they had nothing available in the newer building which wasn't even accessible to guests in the older building. The pool was crazy crowded and the people there were scary. We saw two overweight women making out and a large man who kept losing his bathing suit paired with wild kids everywhere. In the sand outside on the beach someone had written horny in large letters. They played music everywhere, in the halls, pool and parking lot and it's a very party atmosphere as this hotel is located in the congested hotel district downtown. You can't go outside with out being in a crowd, hearing fireworks, car alarms, ambulances and there is a ton of traffic on the weekends or bike week or other event weeks. Both building shared the same pool so I would not have been happy in the newer building as the beach was also extremely crowded. After getting a manager involved they did agree to issue us a full refund as we explained they are using false advertising by showing beautiful rooms and an empty pool online. Just to be very honest, this was the most redneck resort that I've ever seen (I travel frequently) and would never return. If you are familiar with Myrtle Beach and are going to party and raise cane, then you might like this place, but I don't recommend for nice families seeking any sort of peaceful, relaxing vacation.

Stow, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We just returned from our one week stay at The Caribbean. Our 3 bedroom deluxe oceanfront condo was very spacious and was plenty of space for the seven of us. It had well kept stainless steal appliances, clean furnishings, and two decent sized baths. The views from the 4th floor were outstanding and I was impressed with how quiet our room was despite the bustle outside from about 10 am until midnight. The kids, ages 11 to 20 enjoyed the easy beach access and pools which were open until midnight. The adults appreciated the kind and helpful staff, beautiful ocean views, cleanliness of property, DJ, live music and tiki bar.

At about 9pm the evening of check in, we discovered our freezer stunk of fish from the previous tenant. Housekeeping came that night and scrubbed until the smell subsided. The resort staff seemed very aimed to keep every guest happy.

There are lifeguards on the beach right in front of the resort, which offers peace of mind. It's a bit far to walk to the pier/Ferris wheel, but my family enjoyed the slightly less trafficked area, while still feeling in the thick of things.

Our only complaint was the difficulty in getting and maintaining internet. It's free, but with so many guests, it was near impossible to use our devices a good part of the day, unless we walked across the street to the resort's Starbucks.

Overall we are all looking forward to returning to the Caribbean and we would highly recommend it to families, couples and groups of friends who are in search of a relaxing getaway in a nice, comfortable, clean resort with plentiful amenities.

Room Tip: Ask to be on floor 3 or higher to avoid pool noise. We liked floor 4.... Great views, limited noise...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jordan E, Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Jamie A,

Thank you very much for sharing this thorough and helpful review of the Caribbean Resort & Villas. Guest feedback is not only crucial to our operational growth, but it is also an invaluable asset to prospective guests of the Caribbean. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to seeing your family again in the future!
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This was one of the best family vacations in years for my mother and fathers 50th wedding anniversary and we would definitely come again and tell friends about it. We were very pleased as our room was very clean every day. We found a parking around the hotel and in the garage. Staff members were very friendly and were available to help load and unload your luggage as we arrived and departed. The only downside was the cost was very expensive for a 3bedroom condo and we will try to make it back next year.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Dan K,

Happy 50th Anniversary to your mother and father! This is such a momentous occasion, and we are truly honored to have hosted it for your family. Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor, and we hope to see you again next year!
McAdoo, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

stayed here for the past 2 years. This is my 3rd year coming back I will be back in August from August 2nd to the 10th 2014. Hotel is great and very nice and the rooms are cleaned very well before you even arrive. When you arrive the room is usually ready for you. I will be staying in the main tower this visit again. Pool seats are always available and the pool always has fresh towels and I like that the pool is open in the dark so whenever I come back from dinner I usually go night swimming. I love that every thing is handicapped accessible even the pool is handicapped accessible. I love that the elevator's are very nice and clean and they even talk and tell you what floor you are on. Parking is great there are always spots in the parking garage to park so you never have to fight to find a spot. I love that the parking garage has two working elevators. I really wish there would be more handicap accessible parking spots on the main level of the parking garage. If you ever have a problem you can call down to the desk and they will send somebody up. I had a problem last year were the people next store were very loud and I called the front desk and they sent security up to tell them to keep it down I think that was very helpful and they were not loud the rest of the week.

Room Tip: try to get the higher floors for less noise at night
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear rnljr17,

Thank you very much for your continued patronage to the Caribbean Resort and Villas. Our team loves to hear from repeat guests, and we are honored to receive your 5-star recommendation. We look forward to greeting you again in just a few days!

Been to Caribbean Resort And Villas? Share your experiences!