“13th golf trip” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto, Canada
“13th golf trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Just finished up our 13th annual golf trip to MB and to the Caribbean Resort and have already booked for next years golf "extravaganza". Always feels like we are "coming home" as we are so comfortable with the resort and all the amenities of Myrtle Beach. Hotel is so convenient to everything, golf, Broadway at the Beach, places to eat, etc. Rooms are comfortable with great ocean views and the "manbath/hot-tub" was where we would congregate at the end of every round to swap stories!
One cannot comment on the resort without adding special cudo's to D'Ann in the golf shop. She is the single reason we have been coming back to the Caribbean year after year and why we booked for next year! She takes care of everything, from your rooms to all of your golf bookings and still finds time to throw a nice little golf reception at the pool. She makes everything easy, including the last minute changes that always happen when you have a group of golfers!!
See you al again in 2014 for golf .. if not sooner!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Jordan E, Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Tom R,

Thank you very much for continuing to make the Caribbean Resort and Villas the destination for your Myrtle Beach golf vacation. We are honored to know that you feel like you are "coming home" every time you come back to our resort. We also want to thank you for showing your appreciation for our Golf Director, D'Ann. She works arduously every year to provide great packages for every golf group.

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I hope you had fun with your group, and we look forward to seeing you next year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
Salem, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is the first time my husband and I stayed here. We were glad we did, enjoyed the resort a lot. The employees were very friendly and were helpful. ( just a heads up...if booking an event there though, they will try to give you free tickets if you join a timeshare presentation. We just paid for our tickets, didn't want to do the whole timeshare thing) We did get GREAT seats! She booked us in second row!The lobby was a bit small, nothing fancy but we were happy with our room and the resort itself was very nice. Our room was spacious and loved the fact that they had a pull out bed from the wall that was in the family room which was closest to the ocean. We actually slept there so we could leave our door open and here the water all through the night. We didn't stay in the bedroom. The kitchen was nice ( even though we didn't cook . We did however heat up pizza in the oven) The balcony was a great size and comfortable and perfect view of the ocean. So peaceful! The bathroom though was very crowded. Wish they had a more roomy area. The water pressure though in the shower was great! We didn't use the microwave but for some reason it started beeping so we called the front desk and they said they would send someone up. We left right after we called and whe we came up later it was fixed. The pools were very nice. The water was heated and the temperature was perfect. We went in the lazy river that was directly under our room and we went in the pool for just a short time also. There were other pools and lazy rivers as well which we checked out but didn't go in but seeemed real nice too. We didn't go into the hot tubs but had a couple large ones, very nice. They had an area by the pool that you could order burgers or hotdogs and fries. The food was good there! The strawberry shortcake drink was fantastic ( tasted like a strawberry milkshake) We ate at the resturant here at the hotel for breakfast twice ( they own it) and both my husband and I enjoyed it! Great view and the food was really enjoyable. The location was perfect here. Close to Broadway on the Beach and Barefoot Landing and other shopping and places to eat. Would we stay here again???? Yes probably but we would also like to try some other places too , for there are a lot of nice hotels in the area .But it is worth staying at and we got a great deal beings we went during off season.

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean front so can't go wrong with any. We were on 8th floor which was a gorgeous...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Christa H,

We are thrilled to discover that your first experience at the Caribbean Resort and Villas was an enjoyable one. It seems you were very fond of the accommodations, along with the various amenities at our resort. I am also glad the two of you enjoyed eating at the Sea Captain's House. We feel that we have a lot to offer here, and it is great that you were able to take advantage of that. Thank you very much for writing this review, and we really hope you will stay with us again in the future!
Hanover, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

The air conditioner made the whole suite smell like pee, luckily it was a cool 70 something during our stay! Ocean view room for 80 some odd bucks with 2 queen beds a living room and kitchen. Hard to beat!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Shauna P,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are glad to hear you had an awesome experience at the Caribbean Resort and Villas. However, I am very sorry you had an odor problem in your room. I would love to know if you contacted the front desk, because our staff would be more than happy to handle this problem for you immediately. We want to resolve any and all issues, no matter how big or small they seem to you. Please be sure to let us help in the future! Thank you again for choosing to stay at the Caribbean Resort, and we hope to see you back at the resort soon!
Goose Creek, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Took a little road trip with some friends and family. Oktoberfest was being celebrated with some bands we love so booked a last minute stay. Had a little issue with initial reservation being made for wrong day by the rep but was able to fix it. I did feel the original price quoted should have been honored, since I corrected the rep several times about what day we were staying and it was not my problem that he gave an incorrect quote. However I was not going to let $50.00 ruin a fun weekend.
Hotel was easy to find, a little north of the busy boardwalk area and the concerts we were attending, but a very quick ride to the area and so no big deal. The distance probably helps with the noise and congestion as this area was easy to walk around in and had no issue with crossing the street to get to the parking garage.
Any displeasure with the room rate was quickly fixed when at check in I was told we had been upgraded to a 3 bedroom unit from the 2 bedroom we had requested. Plenty of room for each couple to have their room and our single friend had a room to himself too! and BONUS! each room had it's own bathroom! The room was clean and nicely decorated. The hotel should update their pictures, our room had a much fresher décor than expected. There was a large dining table which would have been handy for a longer stay. Plenty of dish and glass ware as well as newer looking appliances to suit any family I am sure.
Beds were comfy. TVs in each room and the living room. 2 small balconies on the side of the hotel , but with no high rise beside us we had a lovely view of the beach. We didn't use the pools but appeared clean and lots for kids to do.
Our only surprise was in the morning when my daughter in law showed me that the headboard in their room had come off the wall in the night. We reported it to the desk at check out and the clerk apologized and expressed concern. We were ready to go ahead and leave when the clerk beside ours asked us to wait a moment to speak with her. Turns out she was in management and wanted to verify all was well with us and our group. I guess we could have demanded "compensation", but things can happen and it was nice that she took the time on a VERY busy check out day to stop and check on us. She could have very well ignored the situation and we would have been on our way. Every mishap on a trip does not have to result in monetary rewards or completely wipe out any fun you had!

Room Tip: request rooms on the higher floors. We were in 2001 and could hear the kids at the pool , but was no...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear carolinagirl313,

Thank you for writing this review about the Caribbean Resort and posting it to Tripadvisor. We are very happy to see how much you enjoyed your three bedroom condo.

I would like to apologize to you for any issues you experience while you stayed with us. There was some confusion with your rate when you arrived, and I am sorry for this inconvenience. Our front desk agents will always do their best to honor the lowest rates available to them. Bringing confirmation paperwork or e-mails to check-in helps the process, as well. Our management team is here to help, so please ask for us in the future so we can rectify the situation. We are also extremely sorry to hear about the headboard coming down. I assure you this is a rare case, and hope this did not harm anyone in the room! However, I am glad you got to speak with one member of our management team. We all care about our guests, and will always work our hardest to make sure everyone has an enjoyable experience at our resort.

We are honored you chose to stay at the Caribbean Resort and Villas, and hope you enjoyed your time at Oktoberfest. Thanks again for all the feedback, and we look forward to seeing you in the future!
Kingsport, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Carribbean several times over the past 15 years. We first discovered this resort when we came to MB for our honeymoon and had a bad experience at another hotel. This trip, we stayed in a 3 bedroom deluxe condo in the Cayman tower. Our group consisted of my husband and me, our son, and my parents. The staff was great to work with and helped secure a handicap-accessible room when we made our reservations. Both my husband and my parents have limited mobility; I highly recommend the Cayman tower for folks in a similar situation. The elevators for this tower are next to the indoor pool area which has ramp access--this was great for us. The entire staff was friendly and helpful throughout our stay...because of the mobility issues, I dropped everyone off at the building entrance and parked across the street in the parking garage. It is well-lit and I never felt unsafe, but one of the hotel staff noticed my husband waiting on me at the door. The staffer told my husband that hotel security would gladly walk me across the street if needed...we thought that was so nice, and later in the week we saw a security guard escorting the young ladies who worked at Starbucks one evening after closing. Check in/check out times can be very busy, but there were attendants in the parking lot helping with traffic and luggage carts. Housekeeping did a great job--our floors were mopped and vacuumed daily and our rooms were spotless..no complaints there. We had one maintenance issue. One of the balcony doors did not lock and someone came up within 1/2 hour to repair it. In the pool area, staffers were walking through often and we always saw plenty of pool towels. There is fun here for folks of all ages...the kids love the pools, there are tables/umbrellas where people read and chat, tons of deck chairs for sunbathing, etc. The beach area here is very nice and we love it because it is a quieter area but close to everything. The Sea Captain's House restaurant next door is top-notch and you are literally less than 10 minutes away from Broadway at the Beach. The only drawbacks we had were minor--there is no handicapped parking on the same side of the street as the resort. Also, our couch was a little worn and uncomfy, and there were a couple of areas of drywall in our condo that needed patching. Again, very minor stuff and we were there after the busy season. I am sure those things will be repaired in the coming months. As a matter of fact, they were painting/repairing a unit down the hall one day during our stay. We love the Caribbean and have been very pleased and will continue to stay there.

Room Tip: The balconies on the deluxe condos are a big plus!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Jordan E, Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear TravelgalTN55,

Thank you for writing such a comprehensive review about the Caribbean Resort and Villas. We are beyond pleased to see how much you and your family enjoy every aspect of the resort. It seems that you already figured this out, but we do complete renovations in our rooms each and every year. Rest assured, the minor issues in the room that you referred to will be fixed before your next vacation.

I would like to thank you for your loyalty to our resort over the years. This means a lot to everyone at the Caribbean Resort. Thank you again for posting this to Tripadvisor, and we look forward to your next visit!
Salisbury, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

just completed another enjoyable stay& booked for xmas week everyone is so friendly from when you first check in thru check out,and the room was up dated& spotless. I have been here a half a dozen times and have yet to find something to complain about.my wife& two 8 year old granddaughters just love to vacation here or spend a long weekend.we used to check the strip to see where we would spend our next vacation,not any more we will be at the Caribbean also starbucks is across the street. a special thanks to Meagan m. front desk
n

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kenneth Q,

Thank you very much for writing this review about the Caribbean Resort and Villas. I am absolutely delighted to see how much you and your family enjoyed the resort. It means a lot to everyone here to see the kind of value you find in our amenities and resources. Also, I am glad you had a great experience with our Front Office Manager, Megan. She truly is an invaluable asset to our resort, and we appreciate that you mentioned her in your review. Thank you again for posting this review to Tripadvisor, and we look forward to seeing you during the week of Christmas!
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This place was amazing. we stayed in the main tower 16th floor. amazing sunrise and view. i would go back a million times over.

Tiki bar was nice. The female that worked during the day was so sweet, but the man that worked when she wasnt there, did not like his job too much! Hope he finds another one where he is happy!

Room Tip: Main tower ocean side.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear edgeoftheocean97,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are thrilled to hear that you had a great vacation with us at The Caribbean Resort. We truly do apologize that you did not receive the best service at all times during your stay. We have since addressed this issue with the particular employee. However, we are glad that Maggie offered you great service. Once again, thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Been to Caribbean Resort And Villas? Share your experiences!