“best family resort in myrtle beach” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
35% off for Summer
Ranked #17 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Morehead City, North Carolina
“best family resort in myrtle beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

we have been going to Caribbean resort for the last 3 years, we have stayed in others but always regret it, so no more for our family trying new places Caribbean has the best rooms, clean, spacious, and all rooms are oceanfront, plenty of pools ,and hot tubs for everybody, and close to all attractions. I also recommend Caribbean to my co-workers and the have stayed and loved it like us.

Room Tip: when making reservation ask for a room on a floor above the 3rd floor for a great view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Megan M, Front Office Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear maryannc,

WOW! Thank you so much for your great review! We are delighted to hear that The Caribbean is your number one resort in Myrtle Beach. Thank you very much for spending the past three years with us! We look forward to seeing you for many years to come.

1,614 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
Hinton, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Great pools, that's where it ends. Upon arriving, my one year old was tired, we requested a bassinet or playpen in the room when we arrived. It wasn't there. After 5 more calls, a trip to the desk and 3 hrs later, a guy walks into the room with headphones on drops it and walks off. Did not knock, didn't say a word. We had to set it up. One of our bedrooms outlets started smoking, we called and went down in person, no one showed up or called. I also left my Marine Corps watch and mia kia bracelet and battery charger. I called, they found it, I sent money for return shipping and a year later, I still don't have it. They also tell you that you have oceanfront reserved, until you show up and it ends up being ocean view. Last time for me and my family.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear eers2ya,

I am very sorry to hear about the issues you encountered during you past stay with us. It troubles me entirely to hear that a staff member walked into your room and dropped off a pack and play without saying anything. I am not sure where we went wrong with your lost items as well. These are serious concerns so if you could please contact me at 843-448-7181 extension 2251 that would be greatly appreciated. I would like to take the time to speak with you in regards to the issues you experienced. Thank you very much.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Staff was friendly, rooms were clean, pool areas were neat. My only complaint were the elevators. A couple of them weren't operating properly, but they were fixed quickly. This is the first hotel I've been to where we always had enough towels in our room and never had to ask for any. I would definitely stay there again! Thanks!

Room Tip: Stay in the Dominican Tower.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear madcat75,

Thank you for your five star review! We are so thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful vacation with us. Our housekeeping staff works very hard to make sure your room is serviced properly so thank you for mentioning this. I do apologize that there was an issue with the elevators during your stay. I am glad to hear that we fixed them in a timely manner. Once again, thank you very much for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Leetonia, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Overall the resort is very nice and in a great location to alot of nice places. Only two things that need to be addressed is check in. This is the 2nd time I came to the resort and check in is very slow and rooms are never ready on time. Also the outside tiki bar and music close way to soon there are times I got back to the hotelat nigh around 7 pm and they where closed. But besides these few issues everything else very nice and a kid friendly resort. I will stay again.

Dear John F,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.com! I am pleased to hear that you enjoy the location and accommodations of our resort. I do apologize that check in is a bit hectic. Most of our guests show up at 3pm which creates this issue. We try to express to our guests that check in is after 3pm so this issue will not occur. I am very sorry that this was an issue for you.

We have recently been thinking about having the bar stay open later so thank you very much for mentioning this. I will be sure to inform our food and beverage director about your comments to keep it open later. Thank you very much for review. Come back and see us soon!
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I had done extensive resreach before booking a room in the Dominican as the layout fit my needs. The rooms are well worn but in good shape and clean, remember you are coming for the beach at a value so don't expect a 5 star resort at a 3 star price.

The lounge chairs around the pool go quickly and many are taken by those who "reserve" them by setting there stuff on them early. Mgt has sign says no saving and warns that articles left unattended will be removed after 15/30 minutes but doesn't say by staff. For those that are rule followers and are courtesy take control move the stuff and if someone barks just ask them if they can read or they can talk to the resort managment. Just a thought I had while watching a lady lay claim to 5 chairs at 8 am and hold them all day.

Beach wasn't as crowded as I thought as being prime summer time. Just to know if you bring your own umbrella it must be 10ft behind the life guard chair and you can't put it up in front of the rental chairs and umbrellas it's a city ordinance.

I was disappointed that there was no blender :-(.

Since you are using TripAdvisor and reading reviews you are ahead of the game and setting your expectations of what you're paying for. Happy Vacation and let others know by posting your own review.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear KY_106,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your past experience at the Caribbean Resort. I truly do apologize about the issue with the pool chairs being saved by other guests. We have recently increased our pool staff which has helped with this issue. The pool attendants are now aware that if a chair is reserved for more than 30 minutes their items will be moved to the tiki bar.

I am also sorry to hear that you were disappointing that we do not carry blenders. We do have hand blenders available but I am not sure if this would suit your needs. I will be sure to pass your comments to the appropriate department. I do hope you choose to stay with us again. Once again, thank you for your review.
Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was convenient to everything, on a quiet area of the strip, near broadway at the beach and had a ton of pools and hot tubs! My room was beautiful and updated. My only complaint would have been housekeeping. The first day she came super late, she didn't leave extra toilet paper, one day she didn't leave washcloths, and the next the beds were halfway made up. When we asked for an extra blanket one day and washcloths the next it took 3 calls to get them!!! Other than that I would go back. My boys especially loved the slides

• Stayed June 2013
Megan M, Front Office Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear izzybc,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor! We are delighted to hear that you had a great vacation with us. I do apologize that you did not receive proper service while you were here. I have addressed these issues with the front desk and housekeeping. Once again I am very sorry for these issues. We hope to see you back here in the future!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Our family stayed here last year and we were very disappointed but because we loved the location and amenities we tried again. Greatest decision ever...the resort has upgraded a lot of the furniture and cleanliness of the condo(the carpet is still outdated and had a smell) but all in all we loved it and will stay again and again and again! Thanks Carribean resorts for our wonderful visit!

Dear Coweatfrog,

Thank you very much for your great review! I am sorry to hear that you did not have the best experience last year. I am so thrilled to hear that you gave us another chance and had a wonderful vacation. We will be replacing the carpets in most of the units within the next year or two. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Been to Caribbean Resort And Villas? Share your experiences!