“Our Favorite Place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Syracuse, New York
“Our Favorite Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We have stayed at the Caribbean Resort annually for 15 years. It was a very nice place in the early years of our stays and back then we rented efficiency rooms. Over the years the Caribbean has enlarged and just keeps improving. We have rented in the Dominican Tower for the last 12 years and love it! Housekeeping staff have always been great! Response to requests are timely by all staff. Outdoor decks and pools are the best of any resort in which we've stayed. Always music playing, pools are clean and area is well maintained. We now stay at least 2 weeks as we love being there. Captain's House cannot be beat and we've enjoyed many dinners there.

Room Tip: All Dominican rooms are oceanfront. We prefer above 5th floor for quiet and views.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Megan M, Front Office Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear sebastian82618,

WOW! We are thrilled to hear that you have been staying with us at the Caribbean Resort for over 12 years! Thank you so much for being such a loyal guest. We truly do appreciate your business. Come back and see us soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
Richmond, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our first trip to Myrtle Beach. We were on the tenth floor of the Dominican Tower with a balcony facing the beach. There was a lot of noise and crazy people running around our floor in the middle of the night. Our safe was not attached to the wall, so despite obtaining a lock and key from the front desk, if someone wanted what was in the safe, they could just walk away with the entire thing. Our toilet had major issues flushing, and our tub didn't drain, so we were always standing in 2-3 inches of water in the shower. The bed and pillows weren't that comfortable, and the room could definitely use some detailed cleaning. Our TV in the bedroom was fuzzy. My husband tried to fix it and noticed the cord was broken. Our main requirement was a balcony on the beach, which we got, but I bet for a few more dollars, we could find a clean room with a working safe, television, and plumbing elsewhere on the beach.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear amandawilbur1,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience on TripAdvisor. It seems that you encountered many issues during your past stay with us and for that I truly do apologize. All of the safes in the Dominican should be bolted to the floor and I am so sorry if that was not the case with your. I am not sure if you reported any of these issues but we would have been more then pleased to fix them. We absolutely would like you to stay with us again. I would consider staying in the Cayman tower next time because the building is fairly new. Once again I so apologize for these issues and I do hope you give us the opportunity to make your next stay wonderful.
ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Family gathering: in total abt 8 2-3 bedroom condos. When we arrived the place looked good from outside. The staff outdoors in parking lot very nice and helpful. We go to desk to check in and there is 1 person at the desk. Someone was getting checked in I was waiting behind someone and then 2 more families came in after me. Then Spike calked for help. One female Tiffany I believe came out no smile nor friendly. I ended up with spike who seemed smug def not a ppl person. Fast forward to the rooms as soon as I walked in the room had a horrible stench I don't know if its mildew or what. I call the front desk and they send the supervisor up with a bottle of spray O_o we had balconies that were infested with bugs when brought to their attn at the desk they said ohh there back!!The first nights sleep horrid. I was bitten all over my legs by bugs. I called the desk again and went and got some alcohol wipes the staff was so uncaring I was baffled. My brother found a bug in his bed also but keyword he found it prior to getting in the bed. My legs are awful. Red and itchy!!!!Oh and housekeeping was a joke. The pool areas in and out were a delight. The sea captain next door was awesome we had 2 breakfasts free a day and kids were 3.95 for buffet . Selection was great, and the omelette chefs were awesome. Actualky everyone at the sea captain was great. For a hotel review alone I would rate this place POOR but the location is good the outdoor area is great snd the sea captsin restaurant save this place. And when paying close to 800 for 3 nights service all around should be BE SUPERB AT ALL COSTS! Please revisit cleanliness and customer service the bugs and smell weren't the issue as much as when it was brought to there attn the couldnt care less. Sad service.mi enjoyed my family so I overlooked things not to cause a big stank but would have to look at other options due to service. Ps..don't pay balance in cash they will hold another 100 dollars..on your card don't ask me why, the dep was on a credit card so I didnt get that...

Room Tip: Ocean front, I had a angled room. Didnt care for location, it was on the front side of bldg with a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Megan M, Front Office Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear nat s,

We are truly sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience with us at the Caribbean Resort. It troubles me to hear about the issues you encountered during your past stay. I would first like to address the customer service at the front desk. We pride ourselves on wonderful customer service throughout the resort so I am baffled to hear that our staff did not live up to these standards. I will absolutely be sure to address these issues immediately. I am not sure if there was a miscommunication between the front desk and housekeeping and that is why these issues were not taken care of but I can assure you that this will be addressed. I would really appreciate it if you could contact me at the Resort in order to get some more details on the matter. Once again I truly do apologize. Considering you do love our amenities, location and Sea Captain’s House Restaurant, I do hope you give us the opportunity to make your next stay great.
Sumter, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Dominican Tower, and were happy with the suite we got. At first we weren't impressed with how dated the room with the beds and TV were; however, the kitchen, bathroom, and sitting room with a pull down bed appeared to have been recently updated. We actually spent most of our time sitting in the living room and balcony so we could enjoy the sights and sounds of the ocean and beach. The pool area was very clean and busy, even during this build up to the summer swing, but it was also very lively with music and karaoke. The hotel is also pretty close to Boardwalk on the beach (5 minutes driving) and only about $5 cab fair to get to Pier 14 if you don't want to walk to the shops.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear yaeger31d,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a great review on Trip Advisor! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations and amenities. We clean the pool decks every morning so thank you very much for noticing the cleanliness. We are pleased that you enjoyed the location of the Resort as well. I do apologize that you felt the unit was dated at a first glace. We are glad that you ended up liking the space. Once again thank you for your wonderful comments. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Gravenhurst
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We have stayed at the Caribbean Resort three times and I can't think of one thing that I would change.The condos are bright, spacious and well equipped. The main desk was helpful and very informative. The location is close to many attractions.The beach was not crowded and it was clean. The hot tubs and pools were great after a day of golf. This resort has spoiled me for other hotels.Breakfast every morning at the Captain's Quarters was a delight.

Room Tip: We prefer to stay on the higher floors because the view is awesome and it is quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Shelley S,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us three times now! We truly appreciate your loyalty to our Resort. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy all the accommodations and amenities that the Caribbean Resort has to offer. Once again thank you for your great review. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
Bethpage, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

the caribbean hotel is located on the ocean , we go to play golf and the hotel has a room and golf package which includes free breakfast at the adjoining restaurant. You pick the courses they set up the tee times,excellent service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Megan M, Front Office Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear william n,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a great review on TripAdvisor! We are grateful to hear that you selected the Caribbean Resort for your golf vacation. I am glad that our staff offered you great service. Please come back and see us in the future!
Louisville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had a great stay. We were on the first floor so the walk downstairs can be a little intimidating and the carpet was a little musky. I loved the location. We were a close drive to everything and the beach wasn't at all crowded. We enjoyed swimming at the main hotel too. We were surprised to find a hole kitchenette in the oceanfront room. It had a mini fridge, stove, oven and sink. They also gave you dish soap and some pots and pans. And a microwave too. We called since we arrived a few hours early and they were able to accommodate us before three. Tat was nice after a long dive with two kiddos.

Room Tip: I would have liked a room off the bottom floor but it was nice to walk out of the patio to the pools...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kristen I,

Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor for the Caribbean Resort! We are pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us. I do apologize that the location of the room is on the ground floor. The nice thing about the ground floor units is that you can walk straight out to the pool. Once again thank you very much for your sincere comments. We hope to see you back here in the future!

Been to Caribbean Resort And Villas? Share your experiences!