“Great hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 215 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Glen Allen, Virginia, United States
“Great hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My sister, niece and I just returned from 5 fantastic days at the Caribbean. We stayed in an ocean front suite on the 14th floor. The room could use a bit of an update but otherwise, no complaints. Housekeeping was great and as was the rest of the hotel staff. The indoor pool and lazy river were very nice. Very convenient location with Sea Captain restaurant right next door and Broadway at the Beach only a couple of miles away. If I have any complaints it would be with the amount of parking as you check in/out. There is too little parking for the amount of people coming and going. Also, the parking deck is across the street which to us is another disadvantage although this has been improved in the past year with the installation of a crosswalk and median. Overall a great place and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Megan M, Front Office Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Dana A,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our amenities, location and the great ocean views. I do apologize that our 15 minute parking was crowded during your stay with us. I will be sure that our bellman are monitoring this area thoroughly during check-in and check-out times. Once again thank you very much for telling us about your experience at the Caribbean Resort. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

1,613 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
Winterville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Our family choice for a great time away from home. We love the Queen Palor Oceanfront room. The hotel has a lot to offer rain or shine. The breakfast buffet is well worth the price. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The pool and activities gives enough to do on rainy days. We have a pre-teen and he was not at a loss for things to do. Look forward to our next stay. Would recommend Ocean Reef to friends and family.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms are spacious.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Megan M, Front Office Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Susan M,

I am very pleased to hear that you stayed at one of our sister properties, The Ocean Reef, and thoroughly enjoyed it! It seems that you are very loyal to The Ocean Reef which is truly appreciated. We hope to see you back at The Caribbean or Ocean Reed Resort sometime soon!
Montoursville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The rooms were nice with a great ocean front view. It is a great location located centrally to all of the area activities. Just a few blocks to boardwalk on the beach and Margaritaville. This was my first time visiting the area and I found it to be a great off season value. I would not hesitate to book here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Megan M, Front Office Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Tom K,

Thank you very much for choosing the Caribbean Resort for your first visit to the area. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Once again thank you for taking the time to write a great review! We look forward to seeing you soon.
Cary, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife & I just returned home from 5 wonderful days in a one bedroom condo at the Caribbean. We are repeat customers and usually like to travel in the off season to avoid the traffic and lines at the restaurants. Even thought it was cold and sometimes rainy we had a great time using indoor hot tubs, lazy river, and pool. When the weather cleared we enjoyed strolling on the wide, wide beach. As always, the Caribbean has an efficient, friendly, and well trained staff and our room was very clean and comfortable. It is my understanding that all the one bedroom units will have new kitchen cabinets installed over the next couple of months. This is a welcomed upgrade and will serve to keep us coming back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Dan T,

I am so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review about the Caribbean Resort. You are correct that we are replacing the cabinets in the Dominican building and I can guarantee that you will be pleased with the outcome. One again that you for the review and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Newfield, New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

It's a kids paradise. The indoor heated. lazy river is just the right size for anyone old or young to enjoy. Complete with 2 hot tubs a main pool and a kiddie pool. Kids are supervised by their parents and well behaved. They have a nice kids zone play area as well. The outside pool area is seasonal and looks like a fun place too. We stayed in the Jamaican Room with the Ocean View. It's separated from the main hotel and nice. Your kids will have fun.
Nice size room. Coffee maker but no coffee. Bathroom has no exhaust fan, need I say more? Balcony has great view of Beach and Ocean. Room is only yards from Beach. GREAT Restaurants within walking distance. EXCELLENT VALUE FOR THE DOLLAR!

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Tim M,

Thank you very much for your great review! I am so pleased to hear that you and your family had a wonderful stay with us. It was a pleasure meeting you the other day and I am glad we found your lost item. I will be sure to address the issue with the coffee. Once again thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

What a great experience! This was our first visit to this hotel. We had a great experience. The price was fabulous for our King Suite Oceanfront room. Our room was extremely spacious with a king bed, full kitchen, pull out sofa bed, Murphy bed, and balcony. The rooms are separated, with the kitchen between them. Plenty of room for a family! I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Megan M, Front Office Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Luv2TeachNC,

Thank you very much for your enthusiastic review! I am very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. Our staff works very hard to make your stay an enjoyable one so thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
greenville, sc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

However, if you are just a tourist spending a week or a month at the beach.....
The Cayman Tower is great and I'd give it 5 stars except for some stuff that was annoying to me. The lazy river indoors has had a lot of sand in it since I arrived, yet they seem to keep the outside children's water park clean even though it is closed, as I see someone going over it every day. They spend money painting stuff here that doesn't need painting, but haven't upgraded the sleeper sofas, which have lost all their support in the cushions. They also have roaches. They have a beautiful outdoor heated pool, but evidently don't heat it in winter as some of their sister resorts do. I went down to use outdoor hot tub one evening and it wasn't working. It worked during the day and was working the next day, so they must have just shut it off. Yes, they do have a really nice indoor water area, but I like the fresh air and the indoor tubs are a little too hot, but when it is working, the outdoor one is just right.

The one bedroom units in the Dominican building are exactly like those at Compass Cove and other hotels in the area, very small counter space in kitchen, no dishwasher or washer and dryer, and no indoor corridors. This becomes significant for long term winter stays.

The senior activities program hasn't begun yet even though there are seniors here for the winter months. I guess 7 months to plan and get things ready isn't enough time. Golf comes first.

Also, it should be noted that if you want to spend the winter in an OF unit at Cayman Towers, I am told that it is impossible to make a reservation, even a year in advance. They take the people first who have stayed here since the building opened. Very ingrown place here for a newcomer, at least in the towers building.

Room Tip: Corner units are great. Angle units get no winter sun. Walls separating rooms from hallways are pa...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Megan M, Front Office Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear Bear1122,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your past experience with us at the Caribbean Resort. I am very sorry to hear about the issues you encountered during your stay. I will be sure to address these issues with the appropriate departments. We pride ourselves on great amenities, accommodations and customer service and I apologize that you felt this was not the case. We have plenty of ocean front three bedroom condos in the Cayman tower available for winter rentals. The only accommodation that we do not have available are the two bedroom units. I am very sorry if you were misinformed about our availability. I do hope you will give us the opportunity to make you next stay wonderful.

Been to Caribbean Resort And Villas? Share your experiences!