“Great for kids!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 216 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Newfield, New Jersey, United States
“Great for kids!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

It's a kids paradise. The indoor heated. lazy river is just the right size for anyone old or young to enjoy. Complete with 2 hot tubs a main pool and a kiddie pool. Kids are supervised by their parents and well behaved. They have a nice kids zone play area as well. The outside pool area is seasonal and looks like a fun place too. We stayed in the Jamaican Room with the Ocean View. It's separated from the main hotel and nice. Your kids will have fun.
Nice size room. Coffee maker but no coffee. Bathroom has no exhaust fan, need I say more? Balcony has great view of Beach and Ocean. Room is only yards from Beach. GREAT Restaurants within walking distance. EXCELLENT VALUE FOR THE DOLLAR!

• Stayed December 2012
Megan M, Front Office Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Tim M,

Thank you very much for your great review! I am so pleased to hear that you and your family had a wonderful stay with us. It was a pleasure meeting you the other day and I am glad we found your lost item. I will be sure to address the issue with the coffee. Once again thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

What a great experience! This was our first visit to this hotel. We had a great experience. The price was fabulous for our King Suite Oceanfront room. Our room was extremely spacious with a king bed, full kitchen, pull out sofa bed, Murphy bed, and balcony. The rooms are separated, with the kitchen between them. Plenty of room for a family! I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Megan M, Front Office Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Luv2TeachNC,

Thank you very much for your enthusiastic review! I am very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. Our staff works very hard to make your stay an enjoyable one so thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
greenville, sc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

However, if you are just a tourist spending a week or a month at the beach.....
The Cayman Tower is great and I'd give it 5 stars except for some stuff that was annoying to me. The lazy river indoors has had a lot of sand in it since I arrived, yet they seem to keep the outside children's water park clean even though it is closed, as I see someone going over it every day. They spend money painting stuff here that doesn't need painting, but haven't upgraded the sleeper sofas, which have lost all their support in the cushions. They also have roaches. They have a beautiful outdoor heated pool, but evidently don't heat it in winter as some of their sister resorts do. I went down to use outdoor hot tub one evening and it wasn't working. It worked during the day and was working the next day, so they must have just shut it off. Yes, they do have a really nice indoor water area, but I like the fresh air and the indoor tubs are a little too hot, but when it is working, the outdoor one is just right.

The one bedroom units in the Dominican building are exactly like those at Compass Cove and other hotels in the area, very small counter space in kitchen, no dishwasher or washer and dryer, and no indoor corridors. This becomes significant for long term winter stays.

The senior activities program hasn't begun yet even though there are seniors here for the winter months. I guess 7 months to plan and get things ready isn't enough time. Golf comes first.

Also, it should be noted that if you want to spend the winter in an OF unit at Cayman Towers, I am told that it is impossible to make a reservation, even a year in advance. They take the people first who have stayed here since the building opened. Very ingrown place here for a newcomer, at least in the towers building.

Room Tip: Corner units are great. Angle units get no winter sun. Walls separating rooms from hallways are pa...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Megan M, Front Office Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear Bear1122,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your past experience with us at the Caribbean Resort. I am very sorry to hear about the issues you encountered during your stay. I will be sure to address these issues with the appropriate departments. We pride ourselves on great amenities, accommodations and customer service and I apologize that you felt this was not the case. We have plenty of ocean front three bedroom condos in the Cayman tower available for winter rentals. The only accommodation that we do not have available are the two bedroom units. I am very sorry if you were misinformed about our availability. I do hope you will give us the opportunity to make you next stay wonderful.
Gaithersburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I have been bring a group of golfers to Myrtle Beach the first week of December for many years. We have stayed at The Caribbean Resort and Villas as we did this year. The Golf Director, D'Ann Ladd had handled my arrangements and I couldn't be more pleased. It seems like every year I have to make changes and ajustments and D'Ann has taken care of me every time. How she stays upbeat and plesant handling a bunch of overgrown kids I will never know. The trip this year included rounds at Heather Glen, Arrowhead, T.P.C., Rivers Edge and Barefoot, Fazio, Love & Norman. Every course was in great condition and all of the greens were firm and fast except Heather Glen. Those greens had been overseeded and were a bit slow. We stay at the Chelsea House condos and were plesantly surprised to see that our units had been upgraded. New flat screen TVs, floors and furnishings. The free breakfast at the Sea Captains House was wonderful as usual. We were glad to see George at the omlet bar and he did his usual wonderful job. There is nothing like sitting at a table with good friends enjoying a good breakfast while watching the sun rise over the ocean. There was a golfers party Monday night with free drinks and food accompanied by the music of Laid Back Larry. D'Ann also presented each of us with gift cards totaling $40. Weather was just perfect with temperatures in the mid to upper 60s.
Ther real kicker here is the cost. Eight nights and seven rounds of golf with carts plus all of the other extras was under $650.00 per person. We will be back next year!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Jim R,

WOW, thank you very much for your fantastic review! I am so glad that D'Ann made your golf vacation extremely enjoyable. We are very pleased to hear that you choose to come to the Caribbean Resort year after year. Thank you for being so loyal to our Resort. We will see you next year!
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed our 13th wedding anniversary here and it could not have been a better stay. The room was great and the staff was excellent. A special thank you to Aj Lane and Trish for helping us pick the right room and giving us info on the resort, you guys are great! We would reccomend this place to accomodate anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Rhett F,

I am very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Caribbean Resort for your 13th wedding anniversary! Thank you for writing such a great review! AJ Lane and Trish are assets to this company and valued staff members so thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you in the near future!
Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have stayed at this property several times in the last few months and have been very pleased on all levels. The rooms were clean and well equipt for me to cook if I wanted too. They dont provide coffee in the rooms but have an amazing Starbucks with fantastic staff (always happy and friendly) to take care of all the coffee needs. I was especially pleased with the overall professionalism of the entire staff. the pools are spotless and the sunsets on the beach amazing!!

Room Tip: 14th floor was a bit high for me but 12 and under you could see the beach and ocean from the windows...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear ShannonRM123,

Thank you for choosing to make the Caribbean Resort your main hotel to stay at in the Myrtle Beach area! I am pleased to hear that you enjoy our new starbucks located across the street. Thank you for your kind words about our staff; everyone works extremely hard to make your vacation an enjoyable one. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This resort has been our November golfing destination for several years, and is the key to our enjoyment every time. Advance communication and booking of great golf courses happens ahead of our trip, and the accomodation is perfect each trip. Beautiful ocean-view rooms, attentive and friendly staff - this place has it all! Friends are always amazed at the great deal we get for accomodation and golf. A big shout-out to the Sea Captains buffet breakfast as well, which has amazing food to get you started each day. If you're considering a golf trip in the Myrtle Beach area, start by giving the Caribbean Resort a call - they won't disappoint!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Megan M, Front Office Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
I am very pleased to hear that you had a great golf vacation with us at the Caribbean Resort. Thank you very much for your enthusiastic review! We look forward to seeing you next year!

Been to Caribbean Resort And Villas? Share your experiences!