“Recent Visit” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Recent Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I think i probably read 100 reviews prior to deciding on my hotel stay for the Thanksgiving holiday. I was very skeptical!! Anyway, I can only say I was very pleased with this resort. My room was clean and modern. My children enjoyed the indoor pool area. I have absolutely no complaints. For the cost and what it has to offer it was a great choice. I can imagine during the summer it's even better because of the onsite water park.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Megan M, Front Office Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear Jacquelyn L,

I am very pleased to hear that you had a great experience with us at the Caribbean Resort! Thank you very much for your great review! Our staff works very hard to make your vacation the best it can be. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

another great experience at the caribbean resort...easy check in and room was ready an hour early...housekeeping was very polite and did a great job...and as always love the sea captains...it was too chilly to use the outside pools, but the inside were nice and warm...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Brads 63,

Thank you very much for your gracious review! I am very pleased to hear that you had another wonderful stay with us at the Caribbean Resort. We truly appreciate your loyalty to our Resort. We look forward to seeing you soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We were going to MB to see family and went up a day early to be a tourist for a day. We stayed the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and it was not crowded. We saw cheaper places on Trip Advisor and Yahoo bit picked this because it was close to my Aunts house and it looked pretty good. The hotel was standard MB beachfront resort. Parking was across the street but they had a garage. We booked a two bedroom king suite that was cramped but you could stick 10 people in the 3 beds if you had families. There was a bed from the wall, the couch pulled out, and there was a king bed. We got the room in no small part because it had a full fridge. We were transporting parts of Tgiving dinner. The kitchen was decent and had the usual bowls, etc.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Charleston Resident,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us at the Caribbean Resort. We do hope the next time you are in the area you will choose to enjoy all that we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We went in the second week of October and stayed in the Dominican. It was a great room with a great view. We had an issue with the fridge, and they came right away and fixed it. The pools were great, but the one with slide was only open on weekend and we only got to spend one day there. We had a great time. If you are looking to be close to the hustle and bustle of the main shops and activities this may not be for you. It can be quite a walk if you have kids. I think they have shuttle buses, but they must only work on weekends during this time too. We plan on going back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Patricia M,

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Caribbean Resort. I do apologize that the slide was not opened during your entire stay. In October and November the slide is usually only opened upon request. Thank you very much for telling us about your experience. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed the last week in August/part of the first week of September and had a 4 bedroom ocean front condo in the Caymen Tower. We thought that the condo was nice and was kept very clean by the cleaning staff. The pools were nice and seemed to be cleaned every night. They had plenty of pool towels available pool side and the WiFi worked well. The management was very prompt if we needed more room towels, or kitchen appliances, etc.

Some of the clientele was a little sketchy (looked like they just got in from the Greyhound bus out of prison), considering what I paid for a week you would not expect to have to worry about getting shanked on the property. Not sure if I would go back as we are looking for something a little more "upscale" next year, but apparently they either must offer some really good deals or advertise heavily in "Parolee Magazine". My guess is that in the one bedroom ocean front suites, you have like 20 people packed in per room sharing the cost, hence some of the scary clientele.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Caribbean Resort. I am very pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our customer service and the accommodations that were provided for you. I do apologize that you felt unsafe during your stay with us. We have security guards on the premises 24 hours a day. We are very observant and diligent when it comes to the safety of our guests. I do hope you consider staying with us again.
Monessen, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

While I can not comment on the villas(we stayed in a regular room)the room we did have had a great ocean view. The room was average at best though. Nice to have a fridge and stove, but we are used to staying with Marriott vacation clubs. We only had to stay for 1 night which is probably about as long as I could stay. Good enough for a short stay but not an extended one, unless the villas are nicer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
We truly appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your past experience with us. I do apologize that the accommodations were not what you expected. Our condos in the Cayman tower have a more modern decor. Each condo has granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances with gorgeous ocean views. I do hope you give us the opportunity to make your next stay exceptional.
Niles, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I've been coming down to MB for the past four years for my Birthday and my boyfriend and I have always stayed at the Caribbean....this last experience however wasn't as nice as the last three. We had some issues with our room and the staff this time around but the manager of the hotel was very attentive to our issues convinced us to try them once again next year. Hoping next year is much better.

Room Tip: Do not get a room in the "Jamaican" building.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Megan M, Front Office Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear MKBTAdams,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your past experience at The Caribbean Resort. I am so sorry to hear about the issues you encountered during your fourth stay here. Thank you for giving us another opportunity to make your next stay wonderful. I am pleased that Management was able to assist you with the issues you had in the unit. We look forward to seeing you next year!

Been to Caribbean Resort And Villas? Share your experiences!