“A decent week.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A decent week.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed the last week in August/part of the first week of September and had a 4 bedroom ocean front condo in the Caymen Tower. We thought that the condo was nice and was kept very clean by the cleaning staff. The pools were nice and seemed to be cleaned every night. They had plenty of pool towels available pool side and the WiFi worked well. The management was very prompt if we needed more room towels, or kitchen appliances, etc.

Some of the clientele was a little sketchy (looked like they just got in from the Greyhound bus out of prison), considering what I paid for a week you would not expect to have to worry about getting shanked on the property. Not sure if I would go back as we are looking for something a little more "upscale" next year, but apparently they either must offer some really good deals or advertise heavily in "Parolee Magazine". My guess is that in the one bedroom ocean front suites, you have like 20 people packed in per room sharing the cost, hence some of the scary clientele.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Megan M, Front Office Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Caribbean Resort. I am very pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our customer service and the accommodations that were provided for you. I do apologize that you felt unsafe during your stay with us. We have security guards on the premises 24 hours a day. We are very observant and diligent when it comes to the safety of our guests. I do hope you consider staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
Monessen, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

While I can not comment on the villas(we stayed in a regular room)the room we did have had a great ocean view. The room was average at best though. Nice to have a fridge and stove, but we are used to staying with Marriott vacation clubs. We only had to stay for 1 night which is probably about as long as I could stay. Good enough for a short stay but not an extended one, unless the villas are nicer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
We truly appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your past experience with us. I do apologize that the accommodations were not what you expected. Our condos in the Cayman tower have a more modern decor. Each condo has granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances with gorgeous ocean views. I do hope you give us the opportunity to make your next stay exceptional.
Niles, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I've been coming down to MB for the past four years for my Birthday and my boyfriend and I have always stayed at the Caribbean....this last experience however wasn't as nice as the last three. We had some issues with our room and the staff this time around but the manager of the hotel was very attentive to our issues convinced us to try them once again next year. Hoping next year is much better.

Room Tip: Do not get a room in the "Jamaican" building.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Megan M, Front Office Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear MKBTAdams,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your past experience at The Caribbean Resort. I am so sorry to hear about the issues you encountered during your fourth stay here. Thank you for giving us another opportunity to make your next stay wonderful. I am pleased that Management was able to assist you with the issues you had in the unit. We look forward to seeing you next year!
St. Louis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This was my 1st time visiting Myrtle Beach and staying at the Caribbean Resort. I visited with my girlfriend, my best friend, and his wife. We stayed in the Chelsea House which is located across Ocean Blvd from the main tower resort. It was not what I expected for the price that was charged. First of all, the rooms at the Chelsea House are very out dated. The part that bothered me the most was the bed in our room was extremely disfunctional. It folded up in the middle the second we placed our suitcases on it. The bathrooms were very small and made it difficult for myself and my girlfriend to get ready for dinner at the same time. The Chelsea House is also a good walk to the beach, pool, and snack shop located at the main property. So pack a lunch and hope you don't forget anything/your girlfriend asks you to walk back and get her suntanning oil, after walking to the beach, cause it's a hike. Staff was good with bringing fresh towels. We did enjoy the balcony outside our room. However, it was located next to the stairwell and could have been accessed by anyone, as the door from the stairwell to our balcony was not able to be locked. Good thing there were no thieves around that week. Don't get me wrong, we're not stuck up people but I totally expected more for the massive amount of money we paid for our reservation. I'll be staying directly off the beach next trip.

Room Tip: Try to avoid staying in the Chelsea House since it is not located directly on the beach.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Megan M, Front Office Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
We are very sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience with us in the Chelsea House. We truly do apologize that you were not well informed about the location and accommodation of the Chelsea House. The resort has three other buildings that are located on ocean front. We do hope that you will stay with us in the future in one of these three buildings. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions in regards to specific details for these accommodations. I will be more than happy to assist you with any questions you may have. Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review and I do hope that we can better serve you in the future.
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was my first time staying at the Caribbean Myrtle Beach. I went down for a mini vacation to celebrate my birthday and to see the Christmas on Ice show at the Palace Theater. I had eaten at the Sea Captain's House next door so was familiar with the property. I really can't say enough about how wonderful the staff are at this hotel! From check-in to check out, everyone we encountered was very friendly and nice. We had a room in the Dominican Tower which was very clean upon arrival. We had a few minor maintenance issues but the front desk sent someone up immediately to take care of them. The hotel has several nice pool areas including several that are indoors and heated which is a plus for late fall trips. We ate next door at the Sea Captain's House for lunch and everything was very good. This hotel is very close to the Broadway at the Beach complex, about 7 to 8 miniutes drive. There is a Starbucks coffee location and a frozen yogurt store accross the street. The only negative about the Caribbean is that parking is accross the street in a parking garage. Being that my visit was in the fall, it really wasn't much of a problem but during the summer I would imagine it might be difficult to get into and out of the garage with the traffic on Ocean Blvd. We will definitely be returning to the Caribbean in the near future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
We are so happy to hear that you had a great stay with us at the Caribbean Resort! Our staff works extremely hard to make your vacation and enjoyable one, so thank you very much for your wonderful comments. Positive comments from valued guests like you are one of the best tools for continuously improving the Caribbean Resort. Once again thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Have had a golf package twice at the Carribean-had a fantastic vacation.The golf director was so good-played several top notch courses.We had a buffet breakfast included in our package at the Sea Captains restaurant.great place to eat-staff very personable-food great.We love the location of the resort-so handy to get to any of our destinations.The Carribean is our resort of choice when golfig in Myrtle Beach.Well worth the drive from Kingston,Ontario,Canada.The staff always make us feel at home- B.W,

Room Tip: Stayed in the Dominican-previous trip we stayed in the Jamacian but this time rooms were nicer and m...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your wonderful review! We are so glad to hear that the golf director was very accommodating for you and your golf group. We are pleased that you had a great experience here with us at the Caribbean Resort. Thank you for choosing to spend your vacation with us two years in a row. We look forward to seeing you next year!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We looked around myrtle beach for the best bang for the buck, and this was a great hit. The room was outstanding, the indoor pools were nice, and the service was good. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone! We stayed in a 3 bedroom condo in the Cayman tower.

• Stayed November 2012
We are thrilled to hear about your great experience here at the Caribbean Resort! Thank you very much for your fantastic review! We are very happy that you enjoyed our accommodations and all of our amenities that we have to offer. Once again, thank you very much for your great review and we look forward to your return in the future.

Been to Caribbean Resort And Villas? Share your experiences!