“Will return soon!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Hagerstown Maryland
“Will return soon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

The caribbean resort was such a pleasant surprise especially for what I paid! It was so clean, the decor was really pretty, not cheesy like most beach hotels. There was also a 42 inch flat screen, I don't go on vacation to watch TV but this was still a nice plus! The beds were a bit firm for my liking but I slept just fine on them. We stayed on the 2nd floor in the Jamaican building in an oceanfront room. The view took my breath away and I can rarely say this about a hotel room. It was very quiet in the hotel but it was also October so I can't say if it would be as quiet during peak season.

The staff was helpful and courteous. The amenities were fabulous, a little outdoor bar and cafe, game room, small indoor waterpark with lazy river, three outdoor pools, outdoor lazy river, hot tubs, and water slide. Your kids will not get bored here!

The resort is next door to a nice seafood restaurant with good ratings, Sea Captain's House. And there is a Starbucks and yogurt shop across the street. It's also right down the road from the boardwalk. Overall an excellent location.

I would without a doubt recommend this resort to friends and family and will probably return myself!

Room Tip: Spend a little more for an oceanfront room, so worth it!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CaribbeanManagment, Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Reeseelizabeth,

Thank you for your awesome review of our hotel and all of our amenities! We are thrilled you were able to enjoy everything from our pools to the new Starbucks!The Myrtle Beach weather in October is fantastic, so we do hope to see you and your family back next year!

Sincerely, Jennifer Stahler, Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
Oregon, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We checked in on Tuesday to a one bedroom condo in the Dominican Tower. Our room was on the 3rd floor with a great view from the private balcony of the ocean and the happenings on the deck and near the pool. The room was very large and clean and could not have been happier with it. We decided to stay an extra night but they were completely booked for Friday night. However there was a room available at the Jamaican next door, which they also own, so we booked it, which is where I'm writing this from right now. It was a little cheaper (we would have gladly paid the extra to have stayed in the other room) but the room is clean and large with a small kitchen, unlike the full kitchen in our other room. We only have oceanview so of course the oceanfront at the other room was much better but at least we didn't have to leave the property to move to another room. In fact the hotel was so accommodating. Someone from the staff showed up this morning with a luggage cart to move us to the Jamaican, so we never were without a room. That meant a lot to us. We would highly recommend this property and know we will be back here on our next trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CaribbeanManagment, Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear suzannev1951, Thank you for the kind review! I am sorry we were not able to accomadate keeping you in the same room, but we are so glad you decided to stay another day! While the Dominican Tower is a gorgeous building with great suites, the Jamaican building has a charm all its own. We look forward to seeing you and your family in the future! Sincerely, Jennifer Stahler, Resort Manager
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Our baseball team stayed at the Caribbean over the Columbus Day weekend, and what a great place to stay! On the beach, excellent pools, great service, spacious and clean rooms, and within 10 minutes of every major destination. Every morning, we were greeted with a spectacular sunrise, and a family of dolphins swimming in the ocean right in front of the hotel. With 13 boys aged 9 and 10, it was critical that they were entertained, and in between baseball games, they spent all their time at the beach and in the pools. The selection of room sizes allowed families to get what they needed to spread out, from one bedroom units to three bedrooms. We stayed in a two bedroom unit, with four adults and two children, and there was a ton of space to move around, cook, and just relax. We're coming back again next year, and we will definitely be staying at the Caribbean!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Baseball Coach E,

We are so happy you and your family (and team!)had a great stay with us here at The Caribbean. We do hope your team did well and look forward to seeing you all soon!

Jennifer Stahler, Resort Manager
West Islip, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We recently held our annual golf trip to Myrtle Beach. We stayed at The Caribbean Resort for the second year and we weren't disappointed. The staff was friendly, our room was clean, and we loved the new bar next door at The Sea Captain's House. The elevators at The Caribbean must be the fastest I have ever used...and that was important every morning trying to get to our tee times!!

Room Tip: Our north facing room on the 15th floor had miles of beautiful unobstructed ocean views and was very...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Rock0730, We appreciate your review! Golf Season in Myrtle Beach brings back golf groups that have chosen to stay with us year after year and we appreciate you choosing us again for your trip. We look forward to seeing you next year and thanks again! Sincerely, Jennifer Stahler, Resort Manager
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My troubles with this hotel started hours after booking this room! I booked this hotel through a 3rd party travel website (a well known one who's name I wont reveal due to this post being made on trip advisor.) The confirmation advised that I should call the hotel directly for special request. I called the hotel to see if I was able to upgrade to a room with a full kitchen. The representative said that she was having a hard time with my reservation since I 'chose to book through a 3rd party vs. directly through them'. She wasnt able to confirm exactly what type of room I was getting and advised that I should wait until arriving to upgrade and it was based on availability(which I was fine with). I also advised her that I was driving out of town with food that needed to be refrigerated and asked would early check in be a possiblity she said the due to being out of town we would be able to get a room upon arrival. Once we arrived in South Carolina around 11:45am we went to check in. Jason at the check in counter was not very accomodating, kept advising us that we were VERY early and it was a Sunday and 'people like to sleep in'. He said that in our particular room it was empty and was in the last stages of cleaning and we should come back in a few minutes. He also said that we couldnt check in until our room was ready. We asked him about upgrading and he kept mentioning that it was hard to see the room that we had due to us booking through a 3rd party, he wasnt able to confirm what type of 'kitchen' that we had. After driving for hours we decided to kill time by walking the strip, we called to check in on our room every 15-20 minutes. We kept being told that our room was in the last stages of being cleaned. To make a long story shorter we finally got checked in a little after 2pm, we were advised that we werent offered a room earlier because we never checked in, which Jason advised we werent able to do! The staff was very unaccomodating, didn't take ownership of issues, they weren't apologetic and quite frankly didn't care! A simple 'I'm sorry for the misinformation' goes a long way sometimes when done in a timely fashion! After checking into the room it was decent. We did find a dead roach near the sliding door, I won't disgust everyone with a picture, but I'll be sure to forward it to the general manager. The room seemed dated and there were a few questionable 'stains' throughout the room. We had an oceanview but you had to go to the corner of the room to see the ocean. We had room 105. The great thing about the vacation was that we were only in town for a day and it was in the mid 80's and we hung out at the beach so it was bearable. I wouldn't stay at this hotel in the future. I also want to add that upon checking out the representative asked how the stay was when I told her that it wasn't pleasant her only response was I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay.

This is my first time writing a bad review on an establishment but I feel an obligation to my trip advisor family to give an honest opinion of the establishment! I believe many of the other reviews are basted on the cayman and dominican buildings and NOT the Jamaican Building.

Room Tip: Higher rooms appears to have more privacy when on the balcony.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Brittanywoolfolk, We apologize for any inconvienence you encountered during your stay with us. I believe alot of your concerns stem from miscommunications and would like the opportunity to speak with you to help clear some things up and talk to you about your concerns. I look forward to speaking with you. Sincerely, Crystal VanderSchans, Guest Service Manager (843) 448-7181
Telford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

1st week of October, 2012: We stayed on 9th floor in a 3 brm, 3 ba condo w/ great view of the beach. The unit & building was beautiful & clean. Loved Starbucks & Whitecaps Yogurt directly across the street and the Sea Captain Restaurant next door was elegant & delicious! There was so much to do - 2 lazy rivers, multiple pools & 3 hot tubs, tiki bar, slides, so much for kids/families to do....and only a few steps for those long walks on the beach (which we did every day). Very close to shopping, restaurants & the boardwalk too---easy to walk everywhere. The weather was warm, in the upper 70's, low 80's. Highly recommend the Pirates Voyage dinner show too! Can't wait to stay here again!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view above any buildings next door.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
CaribbeanManagment, Owner at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Kathy W,

Thank you so much for your great review of The Caribbean. We love hearing what a great time our guests have had, and we look forward to seeing you and your family next year!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I, and our 2 year old girls just got back from a weekend trip here. We had an excellent stay. We enjoyed the indoor & outdoor lazy river. The pools were great, maids were very personable & cleaned the room each day. We loved the music each evening by the pool. The only dislike I had, was that the carpet was dirty & damp. The dampness from being at the beach is expected, but defiantly they need to clean the carpets.

• Stayed October 2012
CaribbeanManagment, Manager at Caribbean Resort And Villas, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Melly723,

We are so happy you and your family had a great time! Please know we do apologize for any part of our facility that made your stay unpleasant. Always feel free to contact the front desk if you have any issues in the future. Our trained staff is always willing to help and we would have been happy to switch rooms. We do look forward to seeing you and your family in the future!

Sincerely, Jennifer Stahler, Resort Manager

Been to Caribbean Resort And Villas? Share your experiences!