I have to agree with the other reviewers here. This has to be one of the best in Myrtle Beach. But since no one's perfect, I still have a couple of minor complaints (at bottom).
But first, some raves. We (2 adults, 2 little children) checked in for several nights at the end of July. I was initially disappointed when told that our one-bedroom suite, number 102, was on the first floor of the hotel, just off the lobby. (I was concerned about noise, in particular.) However, the suite was near-perfect. We were actually one storey above the pool area, so the view from our living room was one of the pools, palm trees and the beach beyond. (The view from the bedroom was of the backside of the motel next door.) As it turns out, being on the first floor wasn't that bad after all. We were able to walk down one flight of stairs to the pool; the breakfast area was just around the corner (so even when the tables were full after 8 am or so, we were able to bring our breakfast right around the corner to our own suite); and it was super convenient to load and unload our luggage from the attached garage/parking deck.
A couple of nice touches at the Hampton were two wooden rockers and carpeting on the balcony. By contrast, the pricier Embassy Suites Kingston Plantation, about 10 miles up the beach, had plastic chairs and concrete-floor balconies when we stayed there last summer.
The Hampton's pool area was exceptional. One of the swimming pools and lazy river were fully outdoor and in the sun for most of the day. Under cover but still technically outdoor were another swimming pool, a kiddie pool and a giant hot tub. It was just a few steps further to the beach.
Now my minor complaints:
The breakfast was very convenient and seemed to have something for almost everyone--particularly carbohydrate freaks. But Hampton Inn & Suites would do a favor to its guests by alternating some eggs, breakfast meats or other protein in with the standard waffles and french toast sticks.
The only other (minor) complaint was that housekeeping seemed to be rushed. One day, the dishwasher detergent in our suite wasn't restocked and the kitchen area could've been freshened up a bit more.
These are, of course, minor complaints and should not keep anyone from staying at this fine, family-friendly hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have recently acquired 150 more feet of oceanfront property, so we now have 450 feet of contiguous beach frontage. Since we have only 227 rooms and suites, the beach in front of our Hampton Inn & Suites is never crowded even during peak season. We have recently added: The Sanctuary Spa located in the South Tower, additional restrooms on the pool level, and in accordance with federal regulations (FEMA), our heated pools and hot tubs are now completely enclosed from December 1 until April 1. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Hampton Inn And Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront
- Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach Sc
- Myrtle Beach Hampton Inn